MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KEEN ASSOCIATION
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author KEEN ASSOCIATION
olesandström
traffkin wrote:
it will have all 200e functionality, and also three additional preset slots. all our upcoming modules will have “e” capabilities, except model 283

I am definitely more than interested now!
traffkin
well, perhaps it's time to make separate thread for this beast...
hopefully the final prototype! pay attention to the "e" letter cool
pustule
looks cool! Can you explain the "Tape Speed" function?
traffkin
literally what it says - controls the speed of virtual tape on which the waveform is being drawn

pustule wrote:
looks cool! Can you explain the "Tape Speed" function?
Leoespejo
Beautiful dessigns traffkin.

I'm corious about the "e", how are you going to implement it ? Because as far as I know presets are loaded in the modules, but "Preset Manager" needs to detects or recognize them to recall and save presets. So are presets going to be saved and recalled from "Preset manager" or directly in the modules ?

If from the modules, how are you managing this ? I don't think BEMI helps with the code in the "Preset manager"
cyberdine
This looks really interesting.. look forward to hearing what it can do!
traffkin
thank you smile
preset manager doesn't need to know which module presented in the system, at least to recall or force them to save their state. so preset manager will just command them what to do. the last thing i'd need in my life is BEMI's help smile

Leoespejo wrote:
Beautiful dessigns traffkin.

I'm corious about the "e", how are you going to implement it ? Because as far as I know presets are loaded in the modules, but "Preset Manager" needs to detects or recognize them to recall and save presets. So are presets going to be saved and recalled from "Preset manager" or directly in the modules ?

If from the modules, how are you managing this ? I don't think BEMI helps with the code in the "Preset manager"
Synesthesia
traffkin would you think it would be possible to make a 200e preset manager from scratch ?
traffkin
in theory, yes. it is quite easy to talk with modules and tell them to save and load their stare. but some other functionality is not that transparent for me, for example, dumping to external card and especially modules update routine which would require serious reverse engineering...

i have a counter question to you, people smile what's wrong with genuine buchla 206e/225e? because some guys already asked me that question...

Synesthesia wrote:
traffkin would you think it would be possible to make a 200e preset manager from scratch ?
Synesthesia
traffkin wrote:

i have a counter question to you, people smile what's wrong with genuine buchla 206e/225e? because some guys already asked me that question...

Nothing actually - i am looking at my options wink yes, i might have to get a 225e.
Kent
I think that the question is being asked simply because some people would like to either:

• build a module that isn't a 225e-type of MIDI unit or a mixer like the 206e that would incorporate the Preset Manager.

or

• build a system around a 227e and don't wish to have either the 225e or 206e in the system as well.

The Preset Manager is obviously very powerful and the desire to break this out from either one of two modules seems like a natural evolution.
traffkin
ok, i understand... one of our upcoming devices will include buchla i2c bus mastering anyway, but it's going to be a standalone unit, kinda center for deep control of our modules ecosystem

Kent wrote:
I think that the question is being asked simply because some people would like to either:

• build a module that isn't a 225e-type of MIDI unit or a mixer like the 206e that would incorporate the Preset Manager.

or

• build a system around a 227e and don't wish to have either the 225e or 206e in the system as well.

The Preset Manager is obviously very powerful and the desire to break this out from either one of two modules seems like a natural evolution.
Macron
wooden cheek of whole oak massive, the vital part of the upcoming SmartCAB
razzmtazz266
RE: Alex

"i have a counter question to you, people smile what's wrong with genuine buchla 206e/225e? because some guys already asked me that question..."

My 0.02, is that the official preset managers have these problems:

1. No midi program changes on 206e presets
2. 225e tuning is garbage
3. 225e has slow pulses
4. Can 206e select presets via lfo like a 225e?
5. I am not sure if 225e does voice stealing ala muc-810
6. There could easily be more presets now I am pretty sure
traffkin
razzmtazz266 wrote:

"i have a counter question to you, people smile what's wrong with genuine buchla 206e/225e? because some guys already asked me that question..."

3. 225e has slow pulses

very helpful information, thank you! definitely something to be taken in account!
Leoespejo
razzmtazz266 wrote:

3. 225e has slow pulses

Some comments:

3.- IMHO 225e has pretty fast pulses
4.- 225e can't change with lfo, in fact it changes in a sort of S&H function it needs and lfo and a pulse gen.
meatcliff
I can't imagine wanting a 206e when the 207r is an option, and in a small system the 225e is a bit overkill... but a patch manager in even a 10u case can be a godsend for live use.

patch manager as a modulemodule would be a great way to go IMO, or in a 200h compatible panel. that's my dream, haha
Macron

LVU
this looks really neat! It's peanut butter jelly time!
numan7
SlayerBadger! all of the upcoming keen association modules (and also the case) look extremely awesome!

Enjoy the show!

cheers
Citisyn
Definitely need the 282! The 268 looks fascinating, but I don’t fully understand what it does. Looking forward to some demos!
traffkin
haha smile sometimes it's much easier to film the demo rather than trying to explain... but do believe, it's worth the wait smile

Citisyn wrote:
Definitely need the 282! The 268 looks fascinating, but I don’t fully understand what it does. Looking forward to some demos!
jesselucas
Looks like the 268e is coming soon! https://instagram.com/p/BfrIc0nASmg/
Leoespejo
Ey traffkin any new on those beautiful modules of yours ???

sad banana
traffkin
the official thread will be here in a week smile we’re almost done with the 268e

Leoespejo wrote:
Ey traffkin any new on those beautiful modules of yours ???

sad banana
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 7 of 10