MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

KEEN ASSOCIATION
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Author KEEN ASSOCIATION
traffkin
it is quite expensive to make silk-printed panel for prototype, but the run will be done in a proper way! smile

momo wrote:
Your work looks super interesting; just one comment, that is your panels appear to be satin but really ought to be a vertical brushed finish to fit in best with the Buchla ecosystem.

Can't wait to find out more about your work!!
traffkin
sorry for delayed reply, we're quite busy with the 220 run now...
well the first one is Graphic Waveform Generator Model 268 and has nothing to do with audio recording and looping. actually, it consists of four identical wavelet cores with shared or individual waveform database, which is drawable and observable on that small display. the system is multiprocessor (5 of them, to be precise), the digital-to-analog converters are all-discrete, based on r2r matrix. what else?.. ah, it has separate controllable modulation buses, each per voice, but the nature of the modulation is to be defined yet. truly speaking, i'm trying to avoid vulgar fm in this beast, inlining my mind to unusual position modulation or slightly "circuit-bent" amplitude modulation.
the second one is Quad Transevent Generator Model 282. it is powerful multistage function and timing generator x4, 240 segments max... kinda one you could find in buchla 400/700

Leoespejo wrote:
Wow traffkin this two modules look amazing. Could you elaborate a little more on what they are ?

hmmm..... hmmm..... hmmm.....

Dead Banana
traffkin
i forgot to mention that i'll surely put my hands over some kind of audio material manipulator, there's already a face panel design for that module, numbered as model 287. but it is fourth in cue, after some "secret weapon" we're engineering right now smile
tobb wrote:
a quad oscillator each coupled to a modulable audio buffer recorder?

Or just a single buffer for the 4 osc?
deltaphoenix
Wow! I can't wait to see a longer video.
traffkin
well, some extremely raw and early examples of upcoming model 268
modulation bus is still far from perfectness, the same could be said about picture on display...
261e draws the wave on constant speed "tape", 259e does some mod

sorry for poor sound - captured by iphone mic
amnesia
Sounds great but I have no idea what is actually going on there.
traffkin
amnesia wrote:
Sounds great but I have no idea what is actually going on there.

i posted some info just a couple of days ago smile
this beast records on virtual tape and then makes a wavelet from whats being recorded. four channels thus 4-voice polyphony
traffkin
i decided to rename the thread... will post here some future plans to be discussed...
sempervirent
Great to see more people designing new Buchla-format modules. Nicely done layouts and panel designs too.
traffkin
thank you!

sempervirent wrote:
Great to see more people designing new Buchla-format modules. Nicely done layouts and panel designs too.
3vcos
you need to put your iphone closer to your speaker hihi

traffkin wrote:
well, some extremely raw and early examples of upcoming model 268
modulation bus is still far from perfectness, the same could be said about picture on display...
261e draws the wave on constant speed "tape", 259e does some mod

sorry for poor sound - captured by iphone mic
papaZooZoo
Received mine 220 today. Alexander thanks a lot!
Excellent build. Now time to test functionality ...

MechaSeb
Finally someone understood the real quadrature meaning hihi
Joke aside, impressive system PaZoo & work from Trafkin.

I can't find any website link however...
olesandström
traffkin wrote:
i decided to rename the thread... will post here some future plans to be discussed...

hi traffkin, concerning the 289: i have ordered one but was told that not all of the additional algorithms (including a few that i am interested in) are available to be put on the chip yet. do you have a more or less precise release date for them?
Selador
olesandström wrote:
hi traffkin, concerning the 289

Ha! Wrong Russian builder-- you're looking for Roman, and you'll have more luck getting support over on emcloned thumbs up
olesandström
Selador wrote:
Ha! Wrong Russian builder-- you're looking for Roman, and you'll have more luck getting support over on emcloned thumbs up

ok, i thought you were doing the programming of the algorithms. thanks for the info anyway.
sempervirent
papaZooZoo wrote:

Next time I feel the need to temper my Buchla expansion ambitions, I'll console myself by saying that my case is still smaller than this one!

Any other system pics?
papaZooZoo
Unfortunately the system has not yet been completed.
Give me another couple of months. I should to build 5 more modules wink
sempervirent
What's the mystery module on the lower right?
papaZooZoo
Sorry, this topic is about production KEEN ASSOCIATION. I wrote a private message.
traffkin
right russian builder )) i designed 289 and programs for it )

Selador wrote:
olesandström wrote:
hi traffkin, concerning the 289

elmerfudd
220 arrived. Fantastic quality work. Best touch surface I have used. Put it in the Easel case to power it for now, but really got it for the Sythi A. Match made in heaven. The micro tonal abilities and sequencing are stunning. most excited I have been with NEW gear in a while......

Thank You Alex.
traffkin

kinda "secret weapon" from KeenAssMos smile
MATSmile
Looks like expanded version of 289. Awesome! applause
I guess it's still too early to ask but will there be 1 space version of this beast?
Leoespejo
Dead Banana Wow!

What the F*** is this !!!

traffkin wrote:

kinda "secret weapon" from KeenAssMos smile
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Buchla, EMS & Serge Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next [all]
Page 4 of 10