MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

THC (Through Hole Clouds)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Author THC (Through Hole Clouds)
GBR303
Just to let people know, I'm going to do a Through Hole Clouds kit.

Will probably be three boards... (actually turned out to be just two boards cool )

1) Interface board - Same footprint as original Clouds so people can use the same panel, if required.

2) Control board

3) Presoldered STM32 and WM8731 adapter board. (SMD Chips go straight onto the Control Board)

Hoping to get something out in a few weeks.

***UPDATE 11th Nov 2015

So... that's all the testing done. Just some final corrections to make, but it's pretty much there...

Bill of Materials can be found at:

http://gmsn.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/11/THC-BoM-20151016.pdf

BTW, all orders should go through the http://gmsn.co.uk/shop as it makes it far easier to sort out shipping und shite thumbs up

***UPDATE 26th Oct 2015

Really happy how testing went over the weekend. I've also found a way to flash the STM32 before it's soldered so no need for the adaptor boards now. The SMD chips can be soldered straight onto the Control PCB.

PRE ORDERS:

gmsn.co.uk/product/thc

***UPDATE 16th Oct 2015

First batch of test PCBs arrived today. I'll do few test builds over the weekend and should hopefully order the next ones early next week.

Cheers

Rob
Barcode
Cool! Looking forward to this.
Zaibach
applause Watching this thread with great interest
shiftr
This is fun! Will it be flashed with the firmware?
Grumskiz
Sounds great!
What kind of kit options where you thinking of? Complete kit only? I'd prefer a partial kit containing the tricky parts.
billsship
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
Need this 100%.

Also seeing the comment above, I would be down a for pcb set only option, plus any extra weird or hard to find parts. Not required but would be nice. I get an interesting satisfaction from tracking down parts.
elcoco
Woooo yes please, I'm a first time builder and through holes is much easier.
NS4W
Will this come out much cheaper than the original?
DJBRUTAL
Too bad Grayscale is sold out of Clouds panels. Hopefully this will gather enough interest to warrant another run.
GBR303
What about the following options?

1) PCB Set including STM32 and WM8731 adaptor boards
2) PCB Set + Panel
3) Full Kit including presoldered STM32 and WM8731
4) Full Kit including presoldered and flashed STM32 and WM8731

I'm not sure whether to do the STM32 and WM8731 on separate adaptor boards. Is there a scenario where you'd want just a STM32 through hole adaptor?
Rowan
I'd be up for a full kit. Im also in Glasgow BTW.
gianni
that's awesome thumbs up
abelovesfun
You and I are on the same mission - but you beat me to it! Will you be posting files? I'm trying to support 5U. Are you going to do the whole line of modules?
GBR303
abelovesfun wrote:
You and I are on the same mission - but you beat me to it! Will you be posting files? I'm trying to support 5U. Are you going to do the whole line of modules?

Hey Abe,

How far have you got? No point duplicating work smile

I'm aiming to keep this Euro, but wouldn't be too hard to make sure it's good other formats too.
abelovesfun
My goal is to support Euro and 5U (my format of choice), so I'm making:
Interface boards for both - jacks, switches, pots (25% complete)
Interface agnostic thru-hole board (5% complete)
Factory made SMD add on board (flashed) - I am doing an audit in the hopes that I can use this for all modules - I have the least experience in this section. (0%)

GBR303 wrote:
abelovesfun wrote:

Hey Abe,

How far have you got? No point duplicating work smile

I'm aiming to keep this Euro, but wouldn't be too hard to make sure it's good other formats too.
sixty_n
I'd be up for a set of boards
ABC
this is an exciting prospect!
mbroers
interest!
sduck
I'm definitely up for this, with interface agnostic boards (oh how I love that term - thanks abelovesfun) for my own panel design.
Plop
Interested in pcb set with Some kind of flashed tru-hole sollution for the smd parts.

THC Clouds, the different kind of magic smoke. Rasta-nana
abelovesfun
To clarify:
1) This will take me a long time, I will be learning lots and erring lots. I do hope to be able to dig in soon, but don't hold your breath for me at least.
2) I won't be doing the type of run where people declare interest via forum and then I order and mail them out. When I asked Oliver for his blessing (and got it) it was to convert the modules into through hole DIY friendly PCBs and just sell them via an online shop as PCBs under a different brand name (probably with panels for 5U - I haven't sorted that yet).

Once I am satisfied I'll have people DIY it ('prolly here in Portland as there are plenty of us) and if that works I'll have them up on an online store. I work (day job) managing web projects, so I'm more comfortable with that process than watching the forums and making lists of who is interested.
oscarthesquirrel
I'd be in for a full set (panel/PCB/SMD pre-soldered plus flashed firmware) This is fun!
Reality Checkpoint
I am definitely interested!

Would love the panel and PCB set with pre-soldered and flashed STM32 and WM8731.

Lovely!
gimber
Also really interested in a full set pre-soldered/flashed.
sduck
Someone a while back was going to do a through hole version of Braids - did that ever happen?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 27, 28, 29  Next [all]
Page 1 of 29