MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

SW @ 96khz / SMUX - can flip problem ever be solved?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Author SW @ 96khz / SMUX - can flip problem ever be solved?
lalaman
Dear Os,

got a set of ES-3, ES-5, ESX-8CV, ESX-8GT and ESX-8MD set up now and working perfectly, and have to say it is what I ever could dream of.

However... I always work at 96khz, and therefore have to use the SMUX plugin. Which works fine, besides the flipping issue. It would be ok if I could just set it right every time I start up Ableton, and if the setting then would work for the whole session, but actually the sides change all the time, even during playback the connection is lost and I have to adjust the flip setting... That's not very comfortable in the studio, but for playing live it is absolutely unusable...

Will there ever be a solution to this? From your prior threads to this topic I am afraid it might not even be technically possible...?

Thanks for you answer!

Best
Martin
os
I've not thought about it for a while.

Would you be willing to give up an audio input channel, to set up some kind of feedback mechanism?
lalaman
thanks for your (as always) superfast reply!

I would absolutley be happy to give up an audio channel for a solution to this, because otherwise de facto I would have to give up 4 channels and just use it without SMUX.

So yes, one audio channel less + no flipping issue = perfect!

Best
Martin
os
I'm talking about an audio *input* on your audio interface.

Also - when you're using multiple SMUX plug-ins (presumably 2, to cover all the ES-3 outputs), in your experience is the flip setting always the same for both, or do they sometime differ?
lalaman
Understood; my reply was somewhat misleading - I'd definitely be willing to give up an audio input channel on the audio interface to solve it, even if one channel per SMUX plugin instance would be necessary.

With regards to the flip setting being the same or not on multiple instances, I didn't pay attention to this so far - I will do testing this evening and report back.

Thanks
Martin
lalaman
Hi Os,

after doing some extensive testing I can report: they sometimes differ.

Thanks for considering a solution to this, no matter how many input channels it might take :-)

Best
Martin
stikey
Was there ever a solution for this issue?
lalaman
Hi stikey,

unfortunately: no. I gave up on the ES-3 and now use the ES-40 instead.

Cheers,
Martin
lalaman
Also, it is my impression that development / issue resolvement for the ES line suffered a little because of the great succes of disting.
stikey
What I do is use the es3 as a 4 channel interface rather than an 8 channel interface and not use the smux plug in. You lose half the outputs but it works. I also use an es40 with expander to get a few extra channels.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Expert Sleepers  
Page 1 of 1