MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[BACK IN STOCK] Serge Variable Q Filter VCFQ for Euro by R*S
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Author [BACK IN STOCK] Serge Variable Q Filter VCFQ for Euro by R*S
nordlead
Hi all,

I'm very happy to announce the release the Random*Source adaption of the famous Serge Variable Q Filter (VCFQ) in Euro format - under license and with the kind support from Serge.
It is basically the same version as previously released by R*S for 4U, featuring THAT2180 VCAs, so no more transistor matching and no wiring is required.

Here's a demo (or rather excessive sequence of uses and abuses) made with the Euro prototype (no VCAs used):

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/229124315" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Currently the Euro version is available as a front panel (color printed, 14hp) + pcbs kit. Module depth is < 40mm (~1.5").

See the R*S VCFQ page for more info - that's also the order page.

Right now the only (international) shipping option is as an Express Letter (signed, insured) for € 12. I could add the option to ship as an uninsured, normal letter (i.e. full risk) for only € 4. Please let me know if I should add that option. Here's a picture of the kit contents:

Kits are shipping now w00t - as long as stock lasts.
regenbot
great panel applause
Reality Checkpoint
You are happy to release this?

I am bloody ecstatic! My favourite filter of all time. Oh so ordered!

Thank you, thank you, thank you. we're not worthy
J3RK
thumbs up Wasn't expecting to see this. Nice!
SoundPool
ughhhh.... how limited? as in how many sets do I need to get or regret it later?
didahdrieghe
Shit, I'm too broke for this but ordered anyway since I'm scared it'll sell out in no time.
Love the randomsource stuff, are you bringing more serge modules to euro?
FetidEye
ordered!
robot909
Alright! Great looking panel and pcb's! Ordered!

Now if someone clever can make a mouser bom so I can just click and get to soldering... This is fun!
ablearcher
Whoa! Way into this. Are you planning on doing more serge (or maybe Ian fritz?) in euro?

I like this idea much more than switching formats or doing wiring intensive cgs builds to get these modules.
Vsyevolod
Fantastic demo Ralf!

Stephen

Rigo
Sounds like "want" hihi
But probably I should go for the 4U version, having acquired some banana gear and trying to reduce the Eurorack ...
geecen
ablearcher wrote:
Whoa! Way into this. Are you planning on doing more serge (or maybe Ian fritz?) in euro?

I like this idea much more than switching formats or doing wiring intensive cgs builds to get these modules.

Elby designs already do a fair few in Fritz euro modules as well as serge ones. The website is a bit confusing as a lot of the modules don't have prices as they're nor our yet. Look under the panther tab.
SoundPool
geecen wrote:
ablearcher wrote:

Elby designs already do a fair few in Fritz euro modules as well as serge ones. The website is a bit confusing as a lot of the modules don't have prices as they're nor our yet. Look under the panther tab.

I have tried contacting Elby several times to get prices clarified on the Fritz stuff with no response. If R*S were to do them I would jump on it though.
wavecircle
Oh Euro people, you lucky, lucky, lucky bastards.

It does make me think what TipTop are doing with the Serge stuff if RS can put these out.

He who moves gets the grooves.
listentoaheartbeat
Congrats, looks great!
nucleus
Great demos, not sure what i'd say if i had a serge panel with this filter in it already. It sounds really good. A great module to have in euro, especially if you don't have serge. For sure its a lot more affordable, you just have to make a decision what format you want these modules in. If more modules like this make it to euro i might see my first serge in euro cases smile
windspirit
Must...not...buy....another....filter!
mrgrimm
Sounds fantastic! Would love a built module.
cane creek
Ordered (even though I've just lost my job) d'oh!
ppccdd
SoundPool wrote:
ughhhh.... how limited? as in how many sets do I need to get or regret it later?

very relevant to my interests, would also like to know...
cane creek
Have you got plans to do more Serge/Euro modules ?
geecen
SoundPool wrote:
geecen wrote:
ablearcher wrote:

I have tried contacting Elby several times to get prices clarified on the Fritz stuff with no response. If R*S were to do them I would jump on it though.

Some of them do have prices, just not the newer modules. I think most of the Fritz ones do. A lot of the Serge ones have been added to the site relatively recently, so maybe they're not ready yet. I emailed them a while ago and was told pretty much this. You can order the ones they have in directly, or get full kits for most of them from ebay.
nordlead
thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up Many thanks for your interest and comments!! Guinness ftw!

Regarding future plans, I'm not a big fan of announcements, however, (as you may have guessed) I'm working on some exciting modules right now ... MY ASS IS BLEEDING please hang on a bit!

I know this is a dangerous question, but is there anything you'd like to see in particular? w00t

PS: response so far is overwhelming - my priority right now is getting your orders shipped and making some progress on the development side, this leaves not a lot of time for everything else. So if you've sent an email or pm and I didn't manage to get back to you, please feel free to hit me again.
SoundPool
nordlead wrote:
I know this is a dangerous question, but is there anything you'd like to see in particular? w00t

Euro WAD and frequency shifter!

also while I know there are the euro panels for the slopes using CGS boards and the resonator I have been putting them off because they look like a major PITA. if a proper euro PCB existed for a quad slope and a more compact version or the resonator that would be amazing.
thetwlo
nordlead wrote:

Wave Mult!

just ordered, looks and sounds fantastic!!! excellent demo! thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21  Next [all]
Page 1 of 21