MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

A few issues with my newly built TM3030
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author A few issues with my newly built TM3030
moonsteppa
Hi everybody

I am new here and i need some help with my TM3030 that i have just finished building.

first of all i can only get life from it on midi channel 8, i thought it was meant to be channel 1,
I don't know if that is a problem but if not that's ok i can live with that,

the main problem is that as soon as i turn the TM3030 on the slide led is on and as i try to play a midi loop it is in slide mode, it will randomly play occasional notes but then go straight into slide mode again and the last note played will slowly fade away.
I noticed that when i turn the TM3030 off then on again (whilst midi loop still playing) a few notes will play as soon as it is turned on again but then as before the last note played will slowly fade away,

I hope someone can help me with this issue as i am eager to start using it

thank you
Daryl (moonsteppa)
Synthbuilder
moonsteppa wrote:
first of all i can only get life from it on midi channel

This doesn't sound right at all. Two things come to mind:

1. Bad opto coupler, U2. Change this out for another one. Check also that R4 is a 470R resistor.

A quick way to check the opto is to short out R1 with a piece of wire, or temporarily replace R1 with a wire link. If it works after you do this it is time to try another opto.

2. Bad PIC behaviour. This could be that the PIC has been corrupted perhaps by static damage or because some specimens do suffer from amnesia. Contact Paul for a replacement device. However, you should also check that X1, C1 and C2 are correct.

Tony
moonsteppa
thank you for the reply

i will look into this in the week and let you know how i get on

cheers again
daryl
moonsteppa
Hi Tony
I have checked out the suggestions that you made and the problem is still persists, on thing i did notice was that the gate is on as well as the slide and because it doesn't stop (note off) when it is meant to, that makes the note stay on and slowly fade out.
I think it is down to the pic so i will have to get another,

I noticed that you have the "get you working" service and i would be very grateful if i could send it to you and have you fix and tune it for me

If it is ok to do this can you email me the address to send it to and what I have to do please,

My email is moonsteppa@hotmail.co.uk

thanks again tony
Daryl
Synthbuilder
moonsteppa wrote:
If it is ok to do this can you email me the address to send it to and what I have to do please

Just e-mailed you.

Tony
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1