MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Fiddlestickz modular tracks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author Fiddlestickz modular tracks.
Fiddlestickz
Hello all, I have been lurking here for around 12 months on and off and recently joined up, will be keeping a low profile as I have much to learn with modular, I recently bought my first starter system which was a few Blue Lantern modules in a ready to go 6U case, here are the first two tracks I've made since having the system..

I hope to be able to browse the for sale area and maybe pick up some second hand modules over the next few months to continue to build my second system.

*ps not sure how to embed the youtube vids here, I put the url inside the video brackets but it doesn't embed for some reason..?

* edited...to finally embed the first 2 tracks properly.
Torn n Frayed
Hey man! Glad you finally decided to get in here! Welcome! Guinness ftw!
Fiddlestickz
Cheers man, this place is a hive of information.. eek!
JohnLRice
Welcome Fiddlestickz! w00t

To embed a YouTube or Vimeo video on Muffs, use the video tags but make sure to remove the letter "s" from "https". Secure links wont embed here and no one has bothered to fix it. meh seriously, i just don't get it

Fiddlestickz
ahhh you sir are a legend thanks a bunch for that.. Guinness ftw!
Fiddlestickz
new one...99% of the synth is modular..

enjoy..
rhythmdial
I can only like your videos more once you utilize low flying miniature drone video over your modular as you are playing it like an airplane in slow motion over urban landscapes.

I like where you are moving with the new sounds screaming goo yo
Fiddlestickz
New one from me, fresh off the burner today, nice to get some time off work for some wiggling..

as well as finishing this tune today I just ordered and paid for a new 9U case today, and bought a new osc module too, it's been quite a 48 hrs actually..

most of the squiggly and crazy synth sounds you hear in this track are modular, the bass is the DSI MEK and one or two pad sounds are also..

this one is for Paris...

viva la peace..
a100user
Great tracks Fiddlestickz
bemerritt
Any chance you could post a modular grid of your system? Thanks! Enjoying your vids, keep em coming.
noisejockey
Nice to hear some slow breakbeats and modular together. Been headbobbin' to Bed Bugs and Clock Diver. Funky and heavy as the day is long. Reminds me of some of the Electic Ladyland comps from Mille Plateaux in the late 90's. Nice work, Fiddlestickz!
Zvark
Ah yes, I thought your name looked familiar. YouTube says I watched some of your videos a couple months back. I just checked a couple of the new ones, Bed Bugs is the jam, I can't stop head nodding. Excellent stuff!
Fiddlestickz
Thanks guys much appreciated, really enjoying this modular lark, it has made making music so fresh , enjoyable, fun and new again, pretty much every new track now is started from the modular, there are so many starting points when making patches and tweaking, it's actually a bit frustrating when you find a really good one and you've just started a session, you know you have to record it or it'll be gone forever and that leads to track construction and the free-styling is put to bed too quickly..

I've tried putting my system together on modular grid and it doesn't seem to work, most of the modules don't seem to exist in their current format or name...

cheers..
Fiddlestickz
Here's a new one, took a while to get this one done, in between work, seeing the family away for my birthday and so many other jobs and chores life throws at you, but it's done finally and I can get to another, I have 3 more half baked that need finishing also...

this one has modular over a lot of it, the basslines, all 3 different ones are all my modular sampled into Reason and audio cleaned up and processed to fit with my breaks, pads, and horn sounds are MEK..

[s]https://soundcloud.com/fiddlestickzmusik/return-to-the-future[/s]

enjoy..
theruins
very nice! love the clip on the last one! applause
ChrisReh
Yup, return to the future and its clip are n1!
Saved for later for purposes and reasons razz
rhythmdial
Fiddlestickz wrote:
I've tried putting my system together on modular grid and it doesn't seem to work, most of the modules don't seem to exist in their current format or name..
same here when I grabbed some prototype polivoks stuff from uokitoki the Russian savior of sound. just snap a pic and upload it, add the module and that's that, easy peasy.

as usual, nice production on the latest tune! great sound!
Fiddlestickz
Thanks for taking the time to listen guys, much appreciated...

thumbs up
CountZero
Really digging your tunes, man cool Well Done!
Fiddlestickz

new one just out of the oven today..most of the synth sounds are sampled from the modular into Reason and then messed about with to fit and layer up etc..

[s]https://soundcloud.com/fiddlestickzmusik/vynil-suit-69[/s]

enjoy
Torn n Frayed
SlayerBadger!
Fiddlestickz
That latest track is pretty bass heavy, just listening on my laptop and there is absolutely no bass being reproduced...lol

zombie
Fiddlestickz
Modular synth parts start at 1:12 and 2:40 and are bass/lead kinda sounds, the part starting at 2:40 is manic and crazy, I love it, I just let it runaway wild and free...the rest is Analog keys, Monomachine and Reason 7.

[s]https://soundcloud.com/fiddlestickzmusik/ground-beef[/s]

enjoy... Guinness ftw!
Fiddlestickz
New one, 95% of the synth here is modular..

[s]https://soundcloud.com/fiddlestickzmusik/dub-cycle[/s]
Dave77
thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4