MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

LZX Cadet Series (DIY/Assembled)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Author LZX Cadet Series (DIY/Assembled)
FetidEye
this just came in: (system21 + trinsRGB outputs exp)

w00t w00t w00t w00t SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! nanners nanners
FetidEye
and I see that there are a lot more cadets coming out !

Cadet X Multiplier
Cadet XI Noise Generator
Cadet XII Wavefolder/Freq Doubler
Cadet XIII 3-Input Mixer
Cadet XIV Gamma Shaper

awesome!
FetidEye
The Owner Manual of the Cadet I Sync Generator is available from the LZX website!!

https://www.lzxindustries.net/documentation/LZX-C1-OM-V1.0.pdf

This answers a lot of question!
-About how to patch incoming external signals so that they sync with the video synth
-Basic info on Genlock
-How to connect the sync (flatcables) on the back of the modules.
and much more.

The manual is written very clearly and describes the functions of all elements of the PCB.

Awesome! SlayerBadger!
FetidEye
nevermind, question asked in better thread
Veqtor
Could a cadet sync generator be used to create sync for Expedition series modules?
onurkalaycioglu
sync24 wrote:
sync24 wrote:
hello smile

does anyone have any of the switches needed for the Sync Gen?
Mouser are out... I only need one
http://www.mouser.co.uk/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=10TF230virtualkey1 2040000virtualkey10TF230

Alternatively, I'm going to hardwire this as I wont be using any NTSC stuff...
'could still do with some of these switches as I notice they are needed for the VCO...
anyone got three (i haven't got the PCB or anything, though, just thinking ahead)?

did anyone ever figure out where to buy these individual switches? as the moq is 100. need a couple for the vco pcbs im about to buy. couldnt find anything on mouser that was comparable enough right angle wise.

but i did find these, which should do the trick although they arent right angle. i think the thread width is the same if the hole on the vco panels are similar to the processors panel. strange the datasheet for the 10TF230 doesnt have a thread width or panel mounting drill dimensions.

108-0042-EVX

only place i could find the right part online was some place called swatee electronics. which i think is in the czech republic. but that doesnt really help me as im in chicago... but could help some other wigglers out that way.
makers
I just finished my first Cadet! The Cadet IX VCO build was straight forward and works well with sync from my Visual Cortex.

I used this switch for sync. It seems to be very close to the Mountain 10TF230 switch in the BOM. It works fine and looks fine with the other switch but does not sit flush with the PCB when you solder it in.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDetail.aspx?R=M2012S2A2G30virtualk ey63300000virtualkey633-M2012S2A2G30
Dirty_Bill
cool! I've been tempted by the oscillators but I am running out of rack space. Post some demos when you can!
FetidEye
w00t
First tests of the sync generator + video input + rgb encoder were succesfull!
(mostly)

I have to check the contrast pot, because that seemed to do nothing.
For the rest all sync signals are present, all color / luma outputs work and video was passed through.

Awesome!

update: finished + tested the Ramps module, shapes and colors screaming goo yo

now to make cool panels!
I've chosen to use banana's for patching and BNC for video in+outputs
pictures will follow soon SlayerBadger!
maggan
FetidEye wrote:
this just came in: (system21 + trinsRGB outputs exp)

w00t w00t w00t w00t SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! nanners nanners

No patch? Otherwise it looks like the order I am putting in except I am waiting for them above X pcb:s as well. Rockin' Banana!
FetidEye
what do you mean by "no patch"?
maggan
FetidEye

https://www.lzxindustries.net/product/video-cadet-embroidered-patch/
FetidEye
patch is a misleading term hihi

no I did not get it with the system 21 order.
but i'll order more soon i guess, with the 5 upcoming new cadet modules / pcb's, then i'll add it !!
maggan
FetidEye wrote:
patch is a misleading term hihi

Exactly my point! hyper
Nino
that patch is so neat This is fun!
gzifcak
I had a 2u hole in my video case so I stuffed 16 Cadet boards in a blank panel:
3 video inputs
3 keyers
3 faders
3 multipliers
2 scalers
2 VCOs

FetidEye
wow, that is pretty!
FetidEye
I've just tested the first VCO, Works too!!

I've found a lot of awesome knobs on an old mixer.
very large, but colorful and vintage.
Downside is that I have to wire everything. Oh well
(or else the knobs won't fit, the pots would be too close together)
frankaponte
I have built 4 or 5 different modules so far and they have all been fun builds. Also, many of the same values of resistors and caps are used over and over, so if you buy a bag of a parts, you can use them across just about all of the modules. Really nice modules to build. In the middle of putting together a little LCD module for the rack, so I should be able to start making some images soon.
makers
I just found this on the LZX VI Fader assembly notes:

"We recommend you avoid socketing the ICs. Capacitance in the sockets can affect higher bandwidth circuitry more than it would in audio applications."

I added sockets to my VCO builds. Does anyone have any insight? Should I try to remove the sockets from my build? How would a capacitance problem behave?
FetidEye
mh. I missed this too.

Let's ask the developers then. I'll email Lars
FetidEye
reply:
IC sockets add capacitance to the connections to the pins in the circuit.
It could potentially limit bandwidth or add ringing/oscillation to the circuit.
In practical terms, if everything looks good to you, you probably don't have to worry.
But if you see any strange noise or ringing, that could be the source.
maggan
FetidEye wrote:

Cadet X Multiplier
Cadet XI Noise Generator
Cadet XIII 3-Input Mixer
Cadet XIV Gamma Shaper

awesome!

I am waiting to place my big order on pcb:s until these are out, anyone know the plan on these?
Dirty_Bill
maggan wrote:
FetidEye wrote:

Cadet X Multiplier
Cadet XI Noise Generator
Cadet XIII 3-Input Mixer
Cadet XIV Gamma Shaper

awesome!

I am waiting to place my big order on pcb:s until these are out, anyone know the plan on these?

Some are awaiting rework - Lars didn't have a date last I spoke with him, but feel free to reach out to him and ask!
ehafh
with the cadet scaler, do i basically just want a bunch of 5v to 1v if i would like to use my audio modules with the video stuff?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Video Synthesis Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next [all]
Page 4 of 8