MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Super simple ADSR for Frac?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author Super simple ADSR for Frac?
parasitk
Thinking out loud here...

I'd love it if there was a simple, no frills Envelope module (A, D, S, R knobs, Gate in, Env Out) for Frac that fit 1 Frac space (1.5"). Like the Plan B ELF ADSR.

Just sayin'! Coffee Addiction FTW
Kwote
i've been of the same thinking for awhile now. however after more extensive use of the EG1 i'd say there's no need. the only reason to have the simple version would be to save a little rack space but the EG1's extra settings make it worth eating up the space so i don't mind anymore.

but if they ever do put out a half space EG i'd like to hope it'd atleast have a switch for linear and exponential. it's highly necessary.
Liquidcolor
I'll have one available in kit or assembled form based on the ASM ADSR very soon.
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:
I'll have one available in kit or assembled form based on the ASM ADSR very soon.

woah. cool! i was just thinking you'd be the man for the job considering how great your dual AD is. kit form? so is there a chance of getting more metalbox stuff as kits? would this include build documentation?
Moog$FooL$
Kwote wrote:
Liquidcolor wrote:

woah. cool! i was just thinking you'd be the man for the job considering how great your dual AD is. kit form? so is there a chance of getting more metalbox stuff as kits? would this include build documentation?

a Metalbox kit!! w00t
i hope it happens, PLEASE!! we're not worthy
parasitk
Liquidcolor wrote:

Hooray, awesome! we're not worthy

(oh and Kwote - yeah mostly I want it to save space - I don't normally need CV control over every stage of the Env. Love the EG1, but I wouldn't mind two more ADSRs in the space of one of those!)
johnnymad
Liquidcolor wrote:

i agree, kits would be great. put me down for an 8008 kit. we're not worthy
Liquidcolor
"so is there a chance of getting more metalbox stuff as kits? "

I'm already offering the Matrix Mixer in kit form, it just isn't on the WWW site yet.

The problem with offering some of the modules in kit is that are so many little quirks in building them in a small format that documentation would be a nightmare and many, many builds would be defective.

The Panthers will be available in kit.

The ADSR's will also be available as PCB only for DIY'ers.
Moog$FooL$
Liquidcolor wrote:
The problem with offering some of the modules in kit is that are so many little quirks in building them in a small format that documentation would be a nightmare and many, many builds would be defective.

i was afraid you might say something like that. waah
i'm slowly starting to realize why there are so few kits available. very frustrating
Kwote
yeah CGS is like the next step up for kit builders like me who are used to blacet. i have a feeling it'll be a weird beast to tame.

specially with all the jumpers. there's like zero mention on those but it seems Ken uses them frequently.

anyways Michael, i'd happily buy kits off you without the documentation. i accept the risks involved as should anyone who builds. parts and plates is more than enough and extremely gracious of you to be offering any DIY stuff already so thanks!
Liquidcolor
One space Frac ADSR PCB's are in. About to build the proto.
parasitk
w00t Excellentness!
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:
One space Frac ADSR PCB's are in. About to build the proto.

so is it just 4 pots for A, D, S & R, one jack for gate and one jack for out? or is there a little more to it?
Liquidcolor
"so is it just 4 pots for A, D, S & R, one jack for gate and one jack for out? or is there a little more to it?"

Yes, four pcb mount pots and a header for I/O. There's also an LED indicator. I wanted some one space ADSR's for my own system.
parasitk
Perfect. w00t
haricots
I'm interested in this as well.
Kwote
can't wait to see pics of the panel!!
perky
i'd buy 2 right away, and Liquidcolor, you should start sell Metalbox as kits for sure love
Kwote
if the price is what i think it'll be and the parts are easily sourced i'll probably grab 4. hyper
Liquidcolor
Info and specs are now on the site. Email directly for bare boards.

I'll likely have some other kits up soon.
consumed
nice! and even exponential shapes too.
Kwote
Liquidcolor wrote:
Info and specs are now on the site. Email directly for bare boards.

I'll likely have some other kits up soon.

thumbs up
Kwote
consumed wrote:
nice! and even exponential shapes too.

yes!! exponential. too fresh man. i'm excited about this one. i'm gonna have to load up on this module once the funds come in.
matt.patey
Just bought one ;-) Great idea guys...
GCF
Is it just a component kit? Or does it also include a Frac panel and mounting hardware?

Thanks.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2