MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[IN STOCK] L-1 Digital Tuner.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author [IN STOCK] L-1 Digital Tuner.
L-1
Finally I made the module I dreamed for years. Now is very easy to trim oscillators to exact notes or intervals.

http://l-1.su/Tuner.html

I don't just srewed a guitar tuner to an Eurorack panel. I modified the circuit, replaced some parts to have correct range. Now it shows notes in the range 10 octaves.

Two sources selectable with switch. Multiples to use a signal further.

Power consumption: V+ 7mA, V- 0mA.

I have 18 modules for sale right now. More will have in one month.

Who want to buy - email me, I will send a Paypal Invoice.

The price is $95 + $10 shipping

If orders will be more than I have modules (I hope:) then I will notify personally when the next batch will be ready.

fragletrollet
Great news! I`m def in for one. Only pre-assembled?

By the way, if I can come with a wish, I`d love to see something like the Toppobrillo Quantimator from you.
L-1
No modules left in this batch.

But anyway - email me who want, I will notify personally when the next batch will be ready.

Yes - only assembled - some 0603 soldering there and many nuances.
Dcramer
Looks great! How many HP? hmmm.....
L-1
Dcramer wrote:

8HP.
dysonant
Dcramer wrote:

I am going to guess 8HP since it is sitting right next to the L-1 basic VCO which is 10HP. It seems a bit on the large size for such simple functionality. Not saying it isn't useful, just wondering if getting it in to 4HP would have been possible?
L-1
dysonant wrote:
Dcramer wrote:

I am going to guess 8HP since it is sitting right next to the L-1 basic VCO which is 10HP. It seems a bit on the large size for such simple functionality. Not saying it isn't useful, just wondering if getting it in to 4HP would have been possible?

Screen size determined the wide. I had no choise. 8HP.
coolshirtdotjpg
This is really awesome, and a great price.
ube.zahn
Alex, is it possible to calibrate it differently to A=440?
L-1
ube.zahn wrote:
Alex, is it possible to calibrate it differently to A=440?

Yes but no possibility to store. If only to solder a battery at back. Then it will turn-off itself auomatically in about 3 or 5 min. Need to test it.
L-1
Do you believe in healing frquency 432Hz? And what 440 Hz invented Hitler?
I've read this. It's a myth.
440Hz is ISO standart.

Sadly only in russian http://janosh.lv/celitelnaya-chastota-432-gerca.html
middlewest
This is super rad. I've been using the tuner on a digi-8 track but I do notice that it has some wiggle room with regards to it's accuracy.

PS. I have an idea that I think would be a step up from the current sampling modules. If the person who created this or anyone else has an extensive knowledge/skill base in producing modules I would like to discuss it with them. Anyone can PM me concerning this.
sromanel
L-1 wrote:
Do you believe in healing frquency 432Hz? And what 440 Hz invented Hitler?
I've read this. It's a myth.
440Hz is ISO standart.

Sadly only in russian http://janosh.lv/celitelnaya-chastota-432-gerca.html

Yes, the whole 432 Hz business is just a pile of horseshit. You can find tracks tuned to this frequency more pleasant to hear, but that's just because the ear finds lower frequencies more relaxing (if you tuned it ar, say, 428 Hz you'll prefer it to the one tuned to 432 Hz). The whole earth resonance Schumann frequency blah blah blah is just nonsense, since that frequency is NOT constant and keeps changing. No offense to whoever might believe in this, but I consider this whole affair misinformation and conspiracy theory level stuff
ube.zahn
I was thinking of having different possibilities, sometimes I tune at 442Hz, some others down to 428Hz, 424Hz or 432Hz, well, it depends. To have the possibility of choosing the central frequency would be great, as with standard guitar or orchestral tuners. 432Hz is simply more useful for working with some singers (this is an old demand of 'bel canto' singers).
L-1
Really this A4 tunning is for if you forced to play with wrong tuned band and
adapt to them. IMHO.

But anyway I will move that A4 button to frontpanel in the next batch. People want - I do.
acidbob
Ooooh looks really great, im in, when is next batch?
monads
L-1 wrote:
But anyway I will move that A4 button to frontpanel in the next batch. People want - I do.

This looks perfect. Timing of next batch?? It looks like all 18 from batch one sold out within a few hours?! eek!
L-1
monads wrote:
L-1 wrote:

This looks perfect. Timing of next batch?? It looks like all 18 from batch one sold out within a few hours?! eek!

I plan next batch in one month - somewhere middle of December.

Yes those 18 sold quick. Russians bought a half.

Send me email for pre-order.
L-1
I didn't considered one thing from beginning. If no signal is presented at the input or a signal is out of the range, then the Tuner turns off in 3 minutes.

I already sold these tuners but didn't shipped yet. So I didnt sleep all night, thought how to solve. There is transistor-based switch which turns off power of the circuit. I connected it direct but anyway the screen turned off in 3 min. The PIC disconnected the screen from the ground and no possibility to change this because PIC is covered with unremovable plastic.

So I decided to install a button. The button turn on and off the screen if to press 1 sec. If to press shortly - it choose scales for different instruments - Chromatic, Guitar, Bass, Violin, Ukulele. Default position is Chromatic. No need to change. I even don't know what is Ukulele.

I installed the button very accurately. Even impossible to note it was here not from beginning.

Good I still didn't ordered PCBs for next batch. This feature will be considered.

monads
How's it coming along? Next batch on target?
L-1
monads wrote:
How's it coming along? Next batch on target?

Can't understand what do you ask.
I'm waiting for ordered parts, boards, panels now. Release - middle of December as I written above.
L-1
Tuners are in stock. Please order.

Preorders are shipped.

xpmtl
Hi Alex,

Is it possible to run this at -/+ 15V? and is it possible to buy it without the front panel? (i'm in MOTM format)

cheers
L-1
xpmtl wrote:
Hi Alex,

Is it possible to run this at -/+ 15V? and is it possible to buy it without the front panel? (i'm in MOTM format)

cheers

Yes, will work from 15V.

You will need without jacks and power socket then. I can make, will be $10 cheaper. But need several days for making.
synthcube
for people in the US, we'll be adding these as we increase our stocks of assembled L-1 modules.

click on 'notify me' to receive an email when they arrive

http://synthcube.com/cart/index.php?route=product/product&product_id=9 50
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2