MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Improbability Drive White Noise Soundclips?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Improbability Drive White Noise Soundclips?
Kwote
if anyone can post a quick mp3 of the Improb Drive's analog white noise completely untouched and unmodulated i'd really appreciate it.

if all you can do is post a description that's cool too.

i recently heard the Wiard Noise Ring's white noise and it was the cleanest purest white noise i ever heard. i plan on buying both but i'm just curious to contrast the two.

thanks we're not worthy
thetwlo
hmmmm... damn, my Noise Rings are the early ones and don't have the white noise.
Cybananna
I'll post some later tonight or tomorrow morning. I'm recording someone tonight so i'll record it then.
thetwlo
hmmmm.. not sure how different white noise might be. But maybe we should try and get a collection from all the systems to compare?
Maybe like a 10 sec WAV or AIFF file of each, not sure what mp3 compression might alter it too much.
Kwote
thetwlo wrote:
hmmmm.. not sure how different white noise might be. But maybe we should try and get a collection from all the systems to compare?
Maybe like a 10 sec WAV or AIFF file of each, not sure what mp3 compression might alter it too much.


i'm cool with that.
Roycie Roller
Another thing you could do is find an old shortwave radio & rehouse it behind a Blacet panel. Just have one or two lines out, and there you'd have a huge variety of noise and other stuff. I love shortwave radio noise - it's pretty strange & spooky & it can also be very meditative.
Kwote
Roycie Roller wrote:
Another thing you could do is find an old shortwave radio & rehouse it behind a Blacet panel. Just have one or two lines out, and there you'd have a huge variety of noise and other stuff. I love shortwave radio noise - it's pretty strange & spooky & it can also be very meditative.


werd. i'm lookin for all sorts of modular noise modules. improb, NR, SNVoice, etc. there's some crazy short wave noises you can get when tuning a fully oscillated filter driving a VCO. FM'ing too.
parasitk
I can make clips of both the Noise Ring and Improb Drive when I get back home Sunday.
flts
How about MFOS Noise Cornucopia?

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/NOISECORNUCOPIA/NOISECO RNUCOPIA.php
johnnymad
flts wrote:
How about MFOS Noise Cornucopia?

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/NOISECORNUCOPIA/NOISECO RNUCOPIA.php


that's what i have. it's a great module. it has several different types of noise to offer.
eyehue
Kwote wrote:
Roycie Roller wrote:
Another thing you could do is find an old shortwave radio & rehouse it behind a Blacet panel. Just have one or two lines out, and there you'd have a huge variety of noise and other stuff. I love shortwave radio noise - it's pretty strange & spooky & it can also be very meditative.


werd. i'm lookin for all sorts of modular noise modules. improb, NR, SNVoice, etc. there's some crazy short wave noises you can get when tuning a fully oscillated filter driving a VCO. FM'ing too.


on the general idea of different noise sources:

http://home.earthlink.net/~erinys/tech.htm
scroll down to furious AM noise source

i also recommend the Thomas Henry 566 VCO for its rather odd noise source. someone recommends a mod to keep oscillator bleed out of this noise source, but i think it sounds dope and strange.
Cybananna
Here's the white noise from the Improbability Drive. I played around with the level and width because they seem to have a slight effect on the noise. I built it so I don't know if this typical or a "feature" of mine.

White Noise:


http://www.gristleaudio.com/whitenoise.mp3
neandrewthal
johnnymad wrote:
flts wrote:
How about MFOS Noise Cornucopia?

http://www.musicfromouterspace.com/analogsynth/NOISECORNUCOPIA/NOISECO RNUCOPIA.php


that's what i have. it's a great module. it has several different types of noise to offer.


Yeah! The grainy noise and random gates are awesome!
Cybananna
the ID is a great module. I really like the digital noise too. it sounds great, especially when filtered.
Kwote
Cybananna wrote:
the ID is a great module. I really like the digital noise too. it sounds great, especially when filtered.


i really should get it right now but i'm on the verge of a noise ring for the umpteenth time and i don't want to fuck things up again.

fortunately the ID is well within my monthly budget so it won't be too long. probably grab it up next month or october at the latest. w00t
Cat-A-Tonic
http://share.ovi.com/media/Cat-A-Tonic.public/Cat-A-Tonic.10006

Here is a demo of the CGS Digital Noise
and the Blacet Improbability Drive.
Not the best demo, but I hope it gives you some idea of their range.

In order of appearance:
CGS Digital Noise - Digital, White, Pink, Digital, White, Pink...
Blacet Improbability Drive - White, Digital, White-Digital Mix with variations, S/H audio out.
parasitk
Ah this reminds me I was gonna try to record some noise for you! Hopefully tomorrow...
Kwote
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
http://share.ovi.com/media/Cat-A-Tonic.public/Cat-A-Tonic.10006

Here is a demo of the CGS Digital Noise
and the Blacet Improbability Drive.
Not the best demo, but I hope it gives you some idea of their range.

In order of appearance:
CGS Digital Noise - Digital, White, Pink, Digital, White, Pink...
Blacet Improbability Drive - White, Digital, White-Digital Mix with variations, S/H audio out.


thanks! good deal postin the CGS. that's on the list too. probably one of the next pcb's i'll order from Ken.
Kwote
parasitk wrote:
Ah this reminds me I was gonna try to record some noise for you! Hopefully tomorrow...


SlayerBadger! Guinness ftw!
Kwote
http://www.kwotemusic.com/WiardNoiseRingNoiseOutput.wav

Coffee Addiction FTW
haricots
I just bought an ID off the AH list last week .... can't wait to get it!!! hyper
tragedybysyntax
I havent really heard any decent clips of the S/H section of the ID. I've got one on the way to me.... bout time I get a f'ng noise source in my rig. lol.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group