MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

STG Soundlabs Integer Dividers now available
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Author STG Soundlabs Integer Dividers now available
suitandtieguy
So this took longer than I wanted but it is now available.

a logic-optimised divider with outputs from 2 to 16 (except for 11, 12, and 13, which will appear on future divider modules.)

There are trigger inputs for clock and reset with green indicator LEDs. Outputs run 0-5V. Input frequency range of DC to 10KHz.

yep, even though it's running on an 8 bit Atmega chip it'll do pretty much the full range of a Synthesizers.com Q106 biased up 3 volts. however since the output duty matches the input duty it will be rather thin ...

http://stgsoundlabs.com/products/integer_dividers_mu.htm

here's the first finished product. this one already shipped out, there were a couple of people waiting for this one ...

sduck
I like it! Although, jackwise, all the cool kids are over on the right side...
kindredlost
I just happened to have an empty space available. nanners Suit And Tie Guy!
JohnLRice
love
sbuge
COOL!! Will most def order one It's peanut butter jelly time!

Question: What is power consumption?
suitandtieguy
sbuge wrote:

no clue. "not much" would be my guess. there's an Atmega 88P and 2 octal logic buffers driven by a 5V regulator running off the +12V line only, no draw on negative 12.
Tronman
Mine arrived yesterday morning. It's a very handy module.
Just me
What does it do?
kindredlost
Is the next "version" going to drop the divide by 2, 4, 8 & 16 in favor of adding the 11, 12, 13 & 17? That would be more useful for those of us who have the normal fare of dividers found on every T,D & H's divider module. Heck, I'd even say drop the divide by 12 and add a divide by 19.

Sorry for the seemingly unappreciative attitude. I am glad to see these come about and this incarnation is likely to be the most useful for the majority. I have to save for one but maybe if there is a plan to deviate to a different divide set then I'll welcome that too. I am loaded up with dividers but could use the odd-count divisions as those are harder to find.

Maybe a "normal" set like the one you have here for starter systems and a more whacky set for the weirdo's like me? I know you could have two of the ones you have introduced now and add a switch to do some multiplication of the "divisions" and get almost anything you desire. Why buy one when you can have two at twice the price? Mr. Green

EDIT: Oh, I almost forgot why I was going to write to begin with... Does this have a link cable for the STG Soundlabs sync bus?
megaohm
The first awesome thing that jumps out at me is the pulse signals for the divided outputs are on the one.
Thank you!!!
suitandtieguy
The names of the other dividers are Prime Dividers and Binary Dividers. (12 is on binary.) This is basically the Moog-format counterpart to the .DIV, .PRI, and .BIN in eurorack.

Not sure if I will make those. If I sell more than ten of these I'll order the panels. Probably.
kindredlost
suitandtieguy wrote:
The names of the other dividers are Prime Dividers and Binary Dividers. (12 is on binary.) This is basically the Moog-format counterpart to the .DIV, .PRI, and .BIN in eurorack.

Not sure if I will make those. If I sell more than ten of these I'll order the panels. Probably.

Cool. Are these using the STG Soundlabs sync bus?
fac
suitandtieguy wrote:
sbuge wrote:

no clue. "not much" would be my guess. there's an Atmega 88P and 2 octal logic buffers driven by a 5V regulator running off the +12V line only, no draw on negative 12.

Wait. +12V? On MU?
sduck
fac wrote:
suitandtieguy wrote:
sbuge wrote:

Wait. +12V? On MU?

methinks s&tg has forgotten what format he's talking about. This may be an adaption of an existing euro format thingie.
JohnLRice
sduck wrote:
fac wrote:
suitandtieguy wrote:
sbuge wrote:

Wait. +12V? On MU?

methinks s&tg has forgotten what format he's talking about. This may be an adaption of an existing euro format thingie.
Yeah, or I'd guess it probably doesn't care if it's getting 12v or 15v since it may be just using +5v and has an on-board regulator?
suitandtieguy
Yes, doesn't care what voltage it gets, whole mess runs off the regulator.

No it doesn't connect to the sync bus, that's what the Time Divider is for.

Sorry for terseness, typing on phone and is PIA.

Also all this stuff runs at 12 or 15, most with no significant difference in performance.
DonaldCrunk
i have been running the full divider suite in Euro for a few weeks now, you guys will enjoy this module. handy access to lots of clock streams is always nice, and i am jealous of your input/reset LEDs. razz
Squattamolie
megaohm wrote:
The first awesome thing that jumps out at me is the pulse signals for the divided outputs are on the one.
Thank you!!!

Suit nicely let me use a prototype until these were ready to ship, so I've had it for a while. I went through more than one other MU divider that just wouldn't work consistently regardless of the (literally) weeks I spent testing, trying this, trying that, etc. These other units had not only major reset problems but the divisions did NOT(!!!) line up on the "one" and it drove me bonkers.

Call me a fanboy or whatever, I don't care. The Integer Dividers and all of Suit's stuff just _works_, no muss no fuss, always right on the dime. Suit originally gave me the ID prototype because the Time Divider I'd ordered wasn't ready. I assumed that once I had the Time Divider, I'd have no use for the Integer Divider but that turned out to be wrong, so I bought it (though I do want to swap the prototype out for a shipping unit).

If you need a divider this one should absolutely be on your list. And if you have a Time Suite with a Time Divider, the Integer Dividers compliments it really nicely.

I did a quick demo a year or so ago when I first got it, to show how on-the-money all the divisions were. I'll see if I can dig it up and post it.
kindredlost
Squattamolie wrote:
Call me a fanboy or whatever, I don't care. The Integer Dividers and all of Suit's stuff just _works_, no muss no fuss, always right on the dime.

Here! Here! Well put.

I have the Time Divider and it is solid, as are all of Suit's modules. I've never had to wonder if it was something I could use, but more like how can I afford to fit it in space-wise.
NikatNOISEBUG
Noisebug just received stock on these... Indeed a useful, no nonsense, must-have module. It's a can of worms so to speak... necessitating more Moon 526's in the sys... And I mean that with love and admiration.

By the way, Noisebug is having a Black Friday/Small Business Saturday Sale with a very special Specials List (a scrumptious sum of desirable pieces on it this year!) in addition to fifteen percent (15%) off any and everything in stock, with FREE SHIPPING within the continental United States! PM or email for the Specials List! End threadjack///
JohnLRice
NikatNOISEBUG wrote:
Noisebug is having a Black Friday/Small Business Saturday Sale with a very special Specials List (a scrumptious sum of desirable pieces on it this year!) in addition to fifteen percent (15%) off any and everything in stock, with FREE SHIPPING within the continental United States!
eek! d'oh! Dead Banana (I just made a small order at Noisebug the other day . . .didn't think to wait . . lol )
Just me
I just blew my wad on parts for my old Army truck project. I better not even LOOK at their site!
Squattamolie
Well, I found the demo from right after I got the Integer Divider. The YT description has more info on the voices/modules.

OK, lets see if I can remember how to post a video.....

JohnLRice
Squattamolie wrote:
Well, I found the demo from right after I got the Integer Divider. The YT description has more info on the voices/modules.

OK, lets see if I can remember how to post a video.....

Nice! w00t thumbs up
VinceL
NikatNOISEBUG wrote:
Noisebug just received stock on these... Indeed a useful, no nonsense, must-have module. It's a can of worms so to speak... necessitating more Moon 526's in the sys... And I mean that with love and admiration.

I must be missing something. hmmm.....

Why the need for Moon 526's with the Integer Divider?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page 1, 2  Next [all]
Page 1 of 2