MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Reflex LiveLoop Sampler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 [all]

Based on the feature list, how would you rate the Reflex LiveLoop?
Amazing!
72%
 72%  [ 170 ]
Pretty Good
15%
 15%  [ 36 ]
Too Complicated
11%
 11%  [ 26 ]
Too many HP for my rack!
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 236

Author Reflex LiveLoop Sampler
latigid on
Quote:
Also, can anyone think of a better name for this PlayFX???

OrthogonalFX hihi
Sandrine
Right Channel (RP) feedback send/return insertion:

If you have a jack strip witha pair of unused jacks, and would like to break out the Right Feedback insertion, or just have a feedback right monitor, it can be done in two ways:

Without Flash-8, just remove the top jumper in the 30 pin header and plug on your custom jacks,or -

With Flash-8, cut the trace between the two top pins on the 30 pin header and hard wire your insertion there on those two pins.

Remember to use the switched part of your return jack to connect to the hot on the Send jack. This will close the insertion as it is now so there isn't the need to have a permanent patch from one jack to the other hihi

If anyone wants to do this mod, please PM me and I'll make up some pics and info for it.

Cheers!
Patate le mage
Hi Sandy, i've tried the new "DJ" mode, very nice.
For the naming perhaps : Travelling mode.
Sandrine
Patate le mage wrote:
Hi Sandy, i've tried the new "DJ" mode, very nice.
For the naming perhaps : Travelling mode.

Hey that's pretty good! It does travel
Noted & merci!
Sandrine
Summer Reflex LiveLoop Sale is on! $100 off across the board, most recent board revision

Reflex DIY kits including mother board, panel board, digital board, all parts and panel pre-programmed core & Arduino Boot (USB)...$250

Reflex fully assembled & tested with PSU ribbon... $300

Flash-8 Expansion fully assembled/tested only with MIDI patch ... add $55
elegon2112
So i might be picking one of these used with a expander. I just have a question. Iv noticed in a lot of videos one has to manually hit the record button. Is there cv options for all this. Or just midi. Hands free generative patching.. also for minimal use am i able to run this module like a syncable delay. Its nice to think about cause if i dont plan on doing heavy sample looping fun. I can still patch it up to be good sound quality delay effect?
Sandrine
elegon2112 wrote:
So i might be picking one of these used with a expander. I just have a question. Iv noticed in a lot of videos one has to manually hit the record button. Is there cv options for all this. Or just midi. Hands free generative patching.. also for minimal use am i able to run this module like a syncable delay. Its nice to think about cause if i dont plan on doing heavy sample looping fun. I can still patch it up to be good sound quality delay effect?

Yes there is, the REC button's jack is just below and acts much like the button (i.e. echo/delay rec->echo->infinite echo)
If set to Clock it can be clocked (via a divider pre-set1-16) and the Rate control can be switched to Mult/Div mode which locks the pitch but shifts the delay time up or down in mults/divs.

Here's a really good video on this..
Sandrine
Hi Fellow RLL DIY'ers!

It has recently come to my attention that there's a bug with G-Move.
Full CW on Size knob and max (5V) CV can cause the G-Move PlayFX to crash, becoming locked up until a power cycle.

It's amazing I haven't noticed this before, and perhaps no-one else has either. It only happens when the knob is full right and there's 5V or more on the CV input... while in G-Move of course

The fix is available as V.2.06 :
http://www.freshnelly.com/reflex/FW/Reflex-FWUDv2.06.zip

The FW page will be updated asap as well

Thanks to Edward (MW'er?) for the heads up!
huron
How does one go about finding what version firmware their LiveLoop is running? Just picked up a used one and curious if I need to update it or not. I'm on Mac so it's looks extremely annoying and I might have to grab a quick degree in computer science to do it.
Sandrine
huron wrote:
How does one go about finding what version firmware their LiveLoop is running? Just picked up a used one and curious if I need to update it or not. I'm on Mac so it's looks extremely annoying and I might have to grab a quick degree in computer science to do it.

The best way is to check the FW update page and see if yours has the additions http://www.freshnelly.com/reflex/reflexFWUD.htm lists them.
One of the more obvious additions is "DJ Mode" accessed by tapping the PlayFX LOOP button then the P.SEL button right after. If the 3 PlayFX LEDs are all off then it has entered DJ Mode so >= V2.03

Yes Mac with the constant OS changes has been a challenge. The CH341 driver isn't free for the Mac either. Unfortunately more and more hardware (uP interfaces, LED name tags, programmable lighting, RC motor controllers) uses the CH341 but Apple doesn't seem to like it much as every update royally messes with the driver so it hangs/crashes.
Sandrine
huron wrote:

Re: email received (can't send from the location!) Sure no problem. Send away! I'll send my addy once we're back later on
Sandrine
Firmware (2.07) Update!

There is a rare issue with the RateLock feature that was brought to my attention by Micah (not sure of his MW pseudo) in that if the RateLock was on at the time of FW update to the version that replaced the Settings RateLock with Slice SemiTones option (V.2.04) then the RateLock starts as locked on power-up.
While it's easy enough to hold the MODE button to disengage the RateLock it can be a PITA if you forget to do it.

This FW update will cause the RateLock to resume from last setting at power-up, which is the way it should be!

http://www.freshnelly.com/reflex/FW/reflex4distV207.zip

Happy Reflexin' !
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 [all]
Page 20 of 20