MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[NEW] Serge Resonant EQ for Euro by R*S
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author [NEW] Serge Resonant EQ for Euro by R*S
nordlead
Hey guys,

when the Serge VCFQ filter was released a few weeks ago, some of you requested a slim version of the Resonant EQ - which I thought was a great idea! Guinness ftw!
So here's the Random*Source adaption of the amazing Serge Resonant Equalizer (EQ) in Euro format - under license and with the kind support from Serge.

The R*S version adds an input mixer with 2 inputs that can be built/used to attenuate or amplify/distort the input signal(s) before they are sent into the EQ and a Feedback section (knob and phase switch) which allows to feed back the output signal or the inverted output signal (depending on the Phase switch). Adding inverted feedback leads to interesting phase cancellation/filter effects - unlike the “normal” feedback, level decreases and the signal thins out.

Here's a simple demo using the Euro version and only very simple (static) wave forms as input:

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/236846967" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

Currently the Euro version is available as a front panel (screen printed, 18hp) + pcbs kit. Module depth is < 40mm (~1.5").

See the R*S Resonant EQ page for more info - that's also the order page.

Worldwide / international shipping as an Express Letter (signed, insured) is € 9. Here's a picture of the kit contents:

Kits are shipping now w00t - as long as stock lasts.
didahdrieghe
Probably gonna miss out on this as I'm too broke to order right now cry
Hope there'll be more batches, great work RS!
mudlogger
Fantastic - this one is a definite buy, i've never liked the slider version.
AThousandDetails
Gonna get it right now...

Can anyone post the Mouser BOM Cart and the link to the other components that Mouser don't sell? I really suck at getting components... :(
euromorcego
thumbs up

looks very nice! Is there any chance to get the individual outs from this?
corpusjonsey
AThousandDetails wrote:
Gonna get it right now...

Can anyone post the Mouser BOM Cart and the link to the other components that Mouser don't sell? I really suck at getting components... :(

Only one way to get better at it.
cane creek
Just ordered Resonat EQ & SSG

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

With all that polystyrene I might order from Rush-on-line once again.
cane creek
Ive got a lot of revision to do for exams, however if i have a few hours spare tomorrow ill make a mouser car and post it here.

Simply because i was going to use Rapid however having a quick look they don't have Burr Browns and theres a few capacitor values i can't find either so i'll reluctantly use Mouser instead.
search64
euromorcego wrote:
thumbs up

Well... I expect that those 1k resistors that you can omit connect to the individual outputs (they connect to ten unused holes on the pcb).
wavecircle
Ridiculous.

My Serge panels are getting nervous. If the TWS and WVX come out there might be some upheaval.
SoundPool
yes!! ordered. very happy to see a compact but not crammed version of this in Euro.

any hints of what might be coming next?
listentoaheartbeat
SoundPool wrote:

Actually, this would be fantastic to know. There is no way I can fit these into my main case, but if some more bits are coming I might just go ahead and revive my little second case just for this line of modules.
nordlead
search64 wrote:
euromorcego wrote:
thumbs up

Well... I expect that those 1k resistors that you can omit connect to the individual outputs (they connect to ten unused holes on the pcb).

That's correct - however, please note that this is untested, for experimental purposes. Also, not sure if the amplitude of some (of the higher) bands is fully in line ...
nordlead
Many thanks for your feedback, guys! (pun intended ;-)

Guinness ftw! w00t

SoundPool wrote:

In general I'd rather not announce anything until it's here and ready to ship (- everything else would spoil the surprise!) However, this time the situation is a bit special - the ResEQ was intended as #4(!), front panels and pcbs for #3 have arrived last week, w00t but pcbs are currently in SMT production queue and it's unclear how quickly they will get back. Here's a hint:

Module #3 is also 18hp (and is SMT again) ...

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
search64
I expect it's a DUSG.
thelizard
Amazing! I'm probably going to sell my wide Res EQ mk. 2 as I don't really need the individual outs. However, I'm totally going to wait for the Thonk kit this time around. Sourcing the caps and resistors last time was a decently time consuming process.

Congrats on the awesome work on all of these. Removing the wiring pre-requisite really opens up these designs to builders with less time on their hands. Plus, the panel designs are absolutely gorgeous.
Reality Checkpoint
search64 wrote:
I expect it's a DUSG.

If it is I will be in heaven!
mr.freeman
applause It's peanut butter jelly time! This is fun! we're not worthy
SoundPool
nordlead wrote:
search64 wrote:
euromorcego wrote:
thumbs up

That's correct - however, please note that this is untested, for experimental purposes. Also, not sure if the amplitude of some (of the higher) bands is fully in line ...

any chance of a breakout panel for that in the future?
nordlead
Reality Checkpoint wrote:
search64 wrote:
I expect it's a DUSG.

Sorry to disappoint you! - ... DUSG is a bit further down the list, probably rather in 22hp ...
wavecircle
nordlead wrote:
Reality Checkpoint wrote:
search64 wrote:
I expect it's a DUSG.

Sorry to disappoint you! - ... DUSG is a bit further down the list, probably rather in 22hp ...

WVX?

TWS?

very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating
search64
WAD?
didahdrieghe
Mouser CART:
https://www.mouser.be/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=7cdbe 3b998

does NOT include:

- 4x styrene 220p
- 2x styrene 680p
- 2x styrene 2n2
- 2x styrene 22n
- 2x styrene 47n
- 10x thonkiconn jacks
- 10x B50k/B100k alpha pot
- 3x A50k/A100k alpha pot
- ferrite beads (if anyone has proper ferrite beads on mouser let me know)

if you see anything fishy let me know!

links to othere styrene caps also welcome ofcourse
thelizard
If you're in the USA, the last time I ordered the polystyrenes, they were from here:
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/polystyrene-capacitors- 100-pf-01-mf/
medbot
I'd love to sell my mk2 and jump on this. I could use the room in my case and I really like your design aesthetic, but then I remembered how half the time I use my mk2 I'm cutting and boosting four or five bands at a time with the sliders. Can't do that with knobs :[ #realproblems

I'm also for knowing what's coming in the near future. I love a good surprise, but I like knowing to hold off on a wavefolder build because there's a Serge module coming soon even more hihi
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 1 of 11