MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Argos Bleak - what do we know?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Author Argos Bleak - what do we know?
Infinity Curve
Really interested in Argos Bleak. I think this would fit in really well with how I work. The more I hear/see on it, the more excited I get! hyper

Is it summer yet?
kanhvass
Can't wait SlayerBadger!
governor blacksnake
This will be manufactured shortly, I've just ordered the PCBs. I recently revised the mainboard so that the main converters behave much more precisely than in the prototype, and added a few convenience features (tuning mode and clip indicator.) This is an unusual module design and I'll make some videos to show its intended use. Under the correct conditions it is a lot of fun to use.
metel909
governor blacksnake wrote:
This will be manufactured shortly, I've just ordered the PCBs. I recently revised the mainboard so that the main converters behave much more precisely than in the prototype, and added a few convenience features (tuning mode and clip indicator.) This is an unusual module design and I'll make some videos to show its intended use. Under the correct conditions it is a lot of fun to use.

I just finished my first 9U today...not a complaining...Argos is good enough to connivence me to get another case...thank you Mr. Green thumbs up
wireangel
Beyond excited to put this to work with my SH Mk2 and Kermit. The Holy Trinity?
jwise
wireangel wrote:
Beyond excited to put this to work with my SH Mk2 and Kermit. The Holy Trinity?

I too have the SH MK2 and Kermit, but I'm most interested in pairing the Argos Bleak to the SynthTech E370 showing up later this year.
ether
On pre-order for $465 at Perfect Circuit SlayerBadger!
mt3
https://www.perfectcircuitaudio.com/the-harvestman-argos-bleak.html

Note 10% off this weekend as well. So $420.

"Argos Bleak, from The Harvestman, is an oscillator controller and quantizer to provide voltage precision over a handful of various oscillators. It's main function would be as the main brain for quantization and tuning, providing coarse and fine tuning for up to four VCOs. Each of the four outputs also has a dedicated vibrato LFO to prevent a quad LFO to be used as something as little as vibrato. The Argos Bleak can save many settings for different configurations, and even save offsets on certain oscillators, to provide chordal "presets." These presets can be clocked through giving "chord changes." The Argos Bleak is a benevolent master control module.

Scale quantization selection (similar to Stillson Hammer mkII, free selection of scale root and mode)
Vibrato Generator (internally routed to all 4 channels using the mixer knobs) with frequency and amount control
Gate control inputs: Quantizer trig, slew enable, input selection swap Chord preset storage (16 slots, stores semitone offset of each channel and other programmable settings)
Chord selection CV input
Quantizer trigger output
"
mt3
Pre-ordered!
nanners
robotopsy
Looks like it's time to reorganise some Hp space into my rack very soon grin
mt3
http://www.industrialmusicelectronics.com/news/3

Release date is in a few weeks, August 2017.
The Harvestman
mt3

FacesbookOfDeath
REwire
So when will the Argos start showing up in shops?
mt3
Hopefully any day now.
w00t
REwire
Are the smaller knobs center detented?

When moving a centered knob away from tune or adding LFO it's a pain to get them to perfect 0CV without a click off mode.

Dan
mt3
Shipping to dealers next week.
what gives?
Any demos out yet (That aren't brief booth rundowns)?
mt3
From the facesbookofdeath comments section:

Funcktion
"designed to sit between a Stillson Hammer and some IME oscillators, but also does a good job of bridging the gap between the IME universe and other brands."

Infukc/Outfukc
"2 calibrated cv inputs (to come from your sequencer, keyboard, or other source), 4 outputs to go to your oscillators. The various controls and gate inputs on the module can transform even a single cv input into 4 very different output signals, just imagine using the dual inputs with the input swap function!"

Usage: Quantizer Modulation Math
"For each of the outputs, you can select the input source (A, B, A+B, A-B).
Each output lets you shift the input data by octaves, also with a fine tune control, vibrato LFO amount, and slew.
You can route the slew to act before the quantizer (per channel) for strange delayed arpeggio effects.
You can also individually disable the quantizer per channel.
Most significantly, you can program a pre-quantizer semitone shift (positive or negative) per output, and store it as a nonvolatile preset, so you can generate chords from a single CV (and instantly sequence across 16 stored chords using the Chord CV input).
Argos is obviously best suited for controlling a mix of oscillators with clear unison or chord structures, but its input routing and quantization options open it up to a number of uses (such as precisely setting FM carrier/modulator ratios, or transposing a CV sequence in response to a 1v/oct CV input [which Stillson Hammer doesn't do well on its own]).
At the last minute, I also added an output rotation feature that lets you invert chords by shifting the programmed semitone setting for each channel to the next channel."
mt3
Manual:
https://ime-assets.s3.amazonaws.com/uploads/manual/manual/20/argos_ble ak_manual_v10.pdf
mt3
On its way to dealers.
mt3
Perfect Circuit has them. Use WORK10 until Monday for 10% off.
ignatius
it's pretty dope. very useful module. easy to use. some nice tricks and mostly super easy/straight forward to dial in 4 musically related parts from one sequence. add 4 vcas 4 envelopes and really interesting things can happen.
revoltcrews
I'm loving this module SlayerBadger!

My main usage for Argos is catered for:

SHMKii > Argos > Addac 222 (4x6 CVtoMidi) > OB-6 desktop

as ignatius pointed out. streamlined, very clear & easy to use.
my 0B-6 is loving the chord generation It's peanut butter jelly time!
Cortega
revoltcrews wrote:
I'm loving this module SlayerBadger!

My main usage for Argos is catered for:

SHMKii > Argos > Addac 222 (4x6 CVtoMidi) > OB-6 desktop

as ignatius pointed out. streamlined, very clear & easy to use.
my 0B-6 is loving the chord generation It's peanut butter jelly time!

can you please make a little sound demo, i must hear this love
mt3
From modular 8:

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYhKDBLhXza
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next [all]
Page 2 of 7