MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

VIDEOS - MIDIRAUSCH - Eurorack and Jamming
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Author VIDEOS - MIDIRAUSCH - Eurorack and Jamming
youkon
I just started a Ladik sequencer system (still very basic) 8 steps, 4 rows for CV.
Bought it to sequence the D-333 Rom Player with Hihats Chip (I loooove them)
awsome combo with the sequencer!
I also modulated the DPO, Doepfer A-110-4 and Telharmonic with these 4 rows.
Some clock deviding and switches involved.
Unfortunately a little bit too much of a sample played from Nebulae

gis_sweden
Nice work applause
Spivkurl
Cool cool! I dig live patching.
youkon
rhythmdial
slick stuff man!
I love it!
youkon
thank you!!
mobiustripper
Very nice!...Kicked off my work day with this. I dig your treatment of the vocal sample, very cool!
youkon
Another "Techno" Jam
Wavefolded DPO (via PEG) makes the Bass Groove, accompanied from Grendel Grenadier and Bassbot.
Mysteron makes the Hihat
Telharmonic you can hear in the very beginning
The dubby metallic sound comes from Blue Lantern Little Shimmery through LxD and DubJr.
Nice Pad from Ambika

two more videos from the same jam to be followed
youkon

Don't know which one is best, so you get all three videos!
favourite?
youkon
same patch, different jam

gis_sweden
Have to say I like your latest tracks. Bubbling, organic and spiced with
interesting sounds. Techno doesn’t become good just because you use a
modular synth. But this is good. Even the one you have not jet posted here. applause
youkon
hehe :-D thanks!

youkon
turn up the BPM and see, waht happens hihi

completely improvised, as always
Beats by 888 and LXR, Pad by Ambika, some TT-303
A-110-4 for Percussion
DPO is the first voice that comes in
Grendel Grenadier makes the fast lfo bee swarm efx sound
and sometimes when you hear a "klonk" Bongo like sound, this is the little shimmery module through Optomix

170 BPM

gis_sweden
Great bubbling sounds. But… The bpm isn’t that obvious. Now It’s like a dark plaid (blanket, Decke) that covers you.
I want a beat where you really feel the speed. An unstoppable force of modular techno in the left lane on autobahn.
Otherwise impressive. What else can I say.
Catalyst
wow. Really nice subtle sounds. Lots of ticky groove bits. Love it.

This is my stuff I do with a friend. A bit more blatant and intense, aber immer noch:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JgaIrAbPCqE
youkon
aber immer noch :-D

thanks, Catalyst!

the only hard thing for me is always the "arrangement"
I hate to and unfortunately - I can't arrange at all:cry:

that's why I started training my improvisation skills. more fun anyway

would also like to play in a combo!
more fun and more control (smaller orchestra to play for each person)
youkon
gis_sweden wrote:
An unstoppable force of modular techno in the left lane on autobahn.

thanks, gis_sweden!

I really keep this sentence in mind hihi
youkon
still found a video with nice sounds.
Elektro impro Jam.
DPO into MMG into Optomix, all controlled by PEG really makes a great bass combo!
Erbe Verb starts to kind of scream because of some uncontrolled feedback

Turboblast
really like "version A" a few posts back. very nice.

Are you doing most of the sequencing on the Cirklon or is there some modular generated sequencing happening?

Some nice rhythmic phrasing in there and wondering where its coming from..
youkon
I mostly do only basic sequencing on the cirklon (at least for the modular). I'm lazy at sequencing and prefer wiggling.
most of the time just sending clock and some basic steps or root notes.

The modular becomes most alive from modulating/sequencing itself.
So it's always a mixture. The random/weird stuff is always done by the modular itself
youkon
[quote="Turboblast"

Some nice rhythmic phrasing in there and wondering where its coming from..[/quote]

this must have been the PEG. I modulated the wavefolder of the DPO, the MMG and the Optomix with both sides of the PEG. Working on the PEG then makes this nice rhythm structure.
TemplarK
nice work guys!
youkon
straight out of da box modular techno jamming
fat bass inside hihi
unfortunately some sequencer reset hickups I still have to solve
more descriptions on youtube

youkon
slightly modified patch from the last video

TechForze
Nice job on the videos!!
And LXR yes!!
youkon
thank you!

here some more Techno exercises:
Experimenting with filter- and efx routings
minute 3 to 4 sucks a little

Main sources:
tt-808
DPO-RxMx-MMG-Optomix sequenced by Ladik sequencer
A-110-4-Optomix (modulated by wogglebug)
Nebulae-Optomix
Mysteron for hihats
some Telharmonic
hihat rolls by Little Shimmery plus Ladik 333 Rom Player

Efx by DubJr and Erbe Verb
Used filters:
Doepfer Wasp for Highpass sweeps/cuts
Aion Modular highpass before Erbe Verb input
Happy Nerding MMM Vcf as end of chain (gives the bass more punch)

then I added the Ladik Burst Generator plus Probability Generator for some hihat rolls (still have to tame this, the sweetspots are very small)

zfigz
woah, that's some intense sound design.
youkon
Testpatch with new modules
Tempi is making the groove
some TT-303 inside

youkon
and part 2

(don't know how it sounds on monitors, had a headphone session as usual and you will have to hear it loud)
lot's of going on in the deep frequencies

youkon
my first glitch experience with the modular (I'm sure there will follow more :-D)
still have to work out that patch

youkon
Part no. 2:

youkon

youkon
youkon
Vacation Jam in Italy:

youkon
youkon
youkon
eek!
youkon
try and error with Morphagene

youkon
performance training
what can be done with a bunch of 8 step sequencers and some performance controllers (love my joystick!)
musical content is lame but it is interesting how the music can be shaped with the help of a joystick!

youkon
My first Samba experience with my modular!
youkon
youkon
youkon
youkon
breakbeat studies:

Elektro Breakbeat improvisation.
Tired of so many hours of four to the floor sessions, I descided to have some breakbeat practice.
Experimenting with alternative beat creation/variation.
LXR sequencer triggers kick, clap and mysteron hihat with a basic beat.
Fills and Rolls realized with changing stages from Tempi clock divider and adding these triggers with a XAOC Devices - Bytom Or combiner. Fading through these stages with the LS1 lightstrip.
Pressure Points are used to mute the drum voices.
Morphagene runs an Ave Maria Reel for the right vibe
youkon
youkon
Ypsi Kid
Nice man, been enjoying watching your videos. Do you typically have everything sequenced beforehand (looks like this is what you do), or is it kind of off the cuff (outside of drums)?

Either way, sounding real good man.
youkon
Ypsi Kid wrote:
Nice man, been enjoying watching your videos. Do you typically have everything sequenced beforehand (looks like this is what you do), or is it kind of off the cuff (outside of drums)?

Either way, sounding real good man.

thank you!!

there is no sequencing at all! it's all playing a big patch with lots of clock dividers, trigger generators, 8 step sequencers... very hard work! and even harder to play :-D
that's my challenge lol
The funny thing is: I have never heard that sounds until to the moment I play them ..then listening what happens - react and change.. improvising.. the same with the triggers - so fail and success is very close to each other:-D that's the game - don't fail!! the "songs" are as new to me as they're for a first time listener
When I play a drop for example... I don't know what will come after until I changed stuff and hear the result :-D the better you patch - the better it works

all you hear comes directly out of the modular and all happens within the modular. everything. (here and there some little exceptions)
Ypsi Kid
youkon wrote:

thank you!!

there is no sequencing at all! it's all playing a big patch with lots of clock dividers, trigger generators, 8 step sequencers... very hard work! and even harder to play :-D
that's my challenge lol
The funny thing is: I have never heard that sounds until to the moment I play them ..then listening what happens - react and change.. improvising.. the same with the triggers - so fail and success is very close to each other:-D that's the game - don't fail!! the "songs" are as new to me as they're for a first time listener
When I play a drop for example... I don't know what will come after until I changed stuff and hear the result :-D the better you patch - the better it works

all you hear comes directly out of the modular and all happens within the modular. everything. (here and there some little exceptions)

Nice man, I'm trying to create something very similar where I can just go and jam and see what comes out. I definitely hear you are saying about not failing, I'm kinda there too where 80-90% of the stuff sounds pretty good and then 10-20% where it's like WTF just happened - haha! The current patch I have going is getting pretty close to what I want and very close to what you are doing outside of the drums as I use drums samples triggered through a BitBox for my drums (sequenced from Eloquencer). I'd like to look at tying the drums rhythmically into everything else, just haven't thought too much about it - but that is really where I would like to get to.

Keep up the good work man, sounding great!
youkon
Ypsi Kid
Nice work man - sounds great!
youkon
youkon
like this one better

Ypsi Kid
Sounding excellent man. Would love to hear a high level overview of how your patching things and would love to know what you have on the mix in terms of effects as it sounds friggin amazing man!

Nice work!
youkon
Ypsi Kid wrote:
Sounding excellent man. Would love to hear a high level overview of how your patching things and would love to know what you have on the mix in terms of effects as it sounds friggin amazing man!

Nice work!

thank you, Ypsi Kid!

End of chain: two subgroups, each fed into a mscl compressor and two mmmf, one for hipass, one for lowpass. Then into Azimuth for more gain and wider stereo. Compressors are in sidechain mode.
then I have two efx matrix busses, efx used: erbe verb, echophon, spring reverb, erica fusion chorus, 4ms tapographic delay, verbos delay.
before my two end of chain subgroups, there are several little subgroups which go through high- and lowpass filters
youkon

Patch exercise:
two voices
two samples
two drums.
(two clocks and two sequencers)
This is what came out. You hear my Verbos case and Make Noise case only. No external processing. In the Verbos case there is the Morphagene for sample duties, in the Make Noise case the Nebulae. Kick is a TT808, HH is noise from Verbos
oranginafiend
great stuff man. I saw in one of your pics that it looks like your cirklon CVIO cable is going straight into the side of your case, but I didn't see a CVIO module anywhere. care to share how you've got it hooked up?
youkon
thank you!
It was a V.1 CVIO Bob, don't know how they look today.
I removed the pcb's from the faceplate and they fitted correctly onto doepfer blank eight hole panels!! (from Schneidersladen) was so easy:-)
Just had to make longer ribbon cables. I really liked the solution. Just missed some LEDs

DSC06856 by wellenreiter2011, auf Flickr
DSC06889 by wellenreiter2011, auf Flickr

PC130007 by wellenreiter2011, auf Flickr
youkon
Verbos Modular plus Make Noise Modular.

5 Voices:
1. Verbos Complex Oscillator
2. DPO
3. Nebulae Sample
4. TTA808 for Kick
5. digital noise for Hihat from Verbos Random Sampling

Efx:
Erbe Verb
Echophon
Verbos Multi Delay Processor

all sounds directly out of the Modular
youkon

I have hooked up quite a lot to the Erica Synths Joystick in order to blend in, out and morph sounds, make reverb tails, filter etc...
Minimum change of the joystick position leads to sometimes extreme results.
Morphagene makes the efx sounds which get blend in and out by the joystick.
Recording is a "little" ;-) too much saturated and not the interesting musical content but the joystick moves are quite cool
youkon
EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELektRRRROOOOOO!

Tespatch Jam

Better listen than watch, shakey camera :-D

lostphysicist
Nice job!
Ypsi Kid
youkon wrote:

thank you, Ypsi Kid!

End of chain: two subgroups, each fed into a mscl compressor and two mmmf, one for hipass, one for lowpass. Then into Azimuth for more gain and wider stereo. Compressors are in sidechain mode.
then I have two efx matrix busses, efx used: erbe verb, echophon, spring reverb, erica fusion chorus, 4ms tapographic delay, verbos delay.
before my two end of chain subgroups, there are several little subgroups which go through high- and lowpass filters

Thanks man, what modules are you using for the sub mixes? Excellent stuff, keep up the great work.
Ypsi Kid
youkon wrote:

I have hooked up quite a lot to the Erica Synths Joystick in order to blend in, out and morph sounds, make reverb tails, filter etc...
Minimum change of the joystick position leads to sometimes extreme results.
Morphagene makes the efx sounds which get blend in and out by the joystick.
Recording is a "little" ;-) too much saturated and not the interesting musical content but the joystick moves are quite cool

This sounds dope man, really great stuff!
youkon
Ypsi Kid wrote:

Thanks man, what modules are you using for the sub mixes? Excellent stuff, keep up the great work.

there are already some mono subgroubs on my Mutamixes. Only drums here.These go into different hi/lowpass filters/, controlled by joystick or faders. Some go into send mixers like livestock felix and from here into different efx or some go into wmd ssm. wmd ssm is connected to different efx..

...really difficult to explain as the chains are quite complex lol
Ypsi Kid
youkon wrote:

there are already some mono subgroubs on my Mutamixes. Only drums here.These go into different hi/lowpass filters/, controlled by joystick or faders. Some go into send mixers like livestock felix and from here into different efx or some go into wmd ssm. wmd ssm is connected to different efx..

...really difficult to explain as the chains are quite complex lol

Thanks man, I get the concept as to how everything is fed out, so appreciate you sharing that much!

Cheers.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Play Out! Performance Modulars  
Page 1 of 3