MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Capacitors questions
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Capacitors questions
nickster
Hi I am sourcing capacitors from Rapid and am trying to find the
47pF low-ceramic on Oakley's general parts pdf there is a reference number of 08-1224. If you search for this though Rapid say it has been discontinued. However I am wondering if they have since re numbered it as the 08-0485 and I should be getting these instead?
Synthbuilder
Go with the 5mm NP0 ones now:

http://www.rapidonline.com/Electronic-Components/Capacitors/Ceramic/Ra dial-multilayer-ceramic-capacitors/62498

Rapid and others are phasing out the old low-K plate style caps. There is a note about this in the last version of the parts guide and some of the parts numbers have been updated but not all yet.

Tony
nickster
Thanks very much Tony for the tip. It's peanut butter jelly time!
I am also having difficulty trying to source 2.2uF, 25V electrolytic capacitors are there alternatives I could use ? Or am I just getting crossed eyed from staring all day at the screen and thus missing the obvious?
Sorry if that is the case.
Synthbuilder
nickster wrote:
I am also having difficulty trying to source 2.2uF, 25V electrolytic capacitors are there alternatives I could use ?

You will. Use 63V or 50V ones.

Just checked the User Guide - it does say 25V in the parts list but 63V in the parts guide section. I'll get that one changed today. Sorry for the confusion.

Tony
nickster
Thanks once again Tony. I'll be going with your suggestion. Strangely enough I think I just managed to find some 2.2uF , 25V electrolytic capacitors from RS Components (RS Stock No. 176-8246) if anyone needs these.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1