MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Bananas so far - WVX and friends
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Author Bananas so far - WVX and friends
Ekofisk
I tackled one of the big ones today. The Bananalogue WVX.

Haven't had a chance to actually turn it on yet, but all fingers crossed.

You can tell this was done by hand. meh

So this is what I've got banananized(!) so far:

Feeling pretty good about the whole thing, really. Done most of the easy ones now, some pretty tough choices and challenges ahead.
There are a few modules I'm pretty ambivalent about converting, but it's not as if I'm going to sell them anyway, right?
Ekofisk
Oh, and I finally got the switch working on the Binary Zone (Thanks, DGTom!).

It appears the switch works exactly like I kind of thought it did, but somehow I confused myself and just didn't get it. DGTom set me straight, though!
ignatius
nice. i wish everything was bananas

It's peanut butter jelly time!
panda30y
Looks fantastic! What's on the bottom right?
Ekofisk
It's a quad attenuator in Metalbox styling. Easy one of my most used modules.
zerosum
Beautiful! love It's peanut butter jelly time! thumbs up
Ekofisk
Edit: stupid double post.
DGTom
It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners It's peanut butter jelly time! nanners

great stuff! How much better is the BZ with a switch tho! Love it.

So, which modules are you ambivalent about converting?
dude
totally beautiful!
cerebrosis
great. frac looks sick with bananas.
Ekofisk
Thanks!

The ones I'm really dreading are VCS(x2), Wiard JAG and the Noisering. And these are sort of essential in my setup.
Escpecially since it seems the WVX didn't go as smoothly as I had hoped (trying to work that one out now).

Starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel.

Guinness ftw!
Ekofisk
And the BZ should come with the switch as a factory standard. for sure.
Ekofisk
2 x Plague bearer, now with bananas!

Just drilled a few holes manually (really, you can tell?) in a BugBrand blind panel. Tom wasn't joking when he said this material was nasty.

I think it looks really good. Rough and ready.
BugBrand
Great --- makes me want to make one too (single maybe)

Remind me, are the pots PCB mounted? I think they have a slightly different spacing to my regular pot spacing (0.8" for mine).

And, yes, PCB material isn't nice to drill -- get good ventilation, wear a dust mask etc etc.

PS -- VCS and Noisering ain't to bad for modding.. I can't remember the JAG details exactly, but I looked at one and said I'd be unwilling to attempt it due to the PCB mounted sockets!
DGTom
yessir, pots are board mounted @ ~1" centres IIRC... I did my dual horizontal not vertical because it meant I could mount each socket above its pot = easier to remember with a blank panel. The PB loves bananas tho; its optimized for multiple Ins & outs anyway & loves feedback!

The VCS was super easy with Toms step by step photo guide grin
VCS takes on a whole new life once it gets "fixed" it loves being stacked SlayerBadger!

I've sold a few modules I couldn't bring myself to mod as well... right now I'm a little worried about my Doepfer 156 Quantizer.... I think it should be OK with a couple of switches tho.
Ekofisk
The pots are indeed PCB mounted on the PB.

The Noisering look ok to convert, but I got a bit scared after my WVX didn't work as expected after bananafying.

Also, don't think the JAG is too bad. Need standoffs, though.

Would you happen to have a pic of the back of the VCS?
Can't really figure out how to do this one.
Ekofisk
Nevermind, I just found the how-to-thread regarding the VCS.

Great job! I'll get to it soon. I am really missing my VCSs in bananaland.
BugBrand
DGTom wrote:
yessir, pots are board mounted @ ~1" centres IIRC... I did my dual horizontal not vertical because it meant I could mount each socket above its pot = easier to remember with a blank panel. The PB loves bananas tho; its optimized for multiple Ins & outs anyway & loves feedback!

The VCS was super easy with Toms step by step photo guide :D
VCS takes on a whole new life once it gets "fixed" it loves being stacked :sb:

I've sold a few modules I couldn't bring myself to mod as well... right now I'm a little worried about my Doepfer 156 Quantizer.... I think it should be OK with a couple of switches tho.

Cheers for the PB info

I've also got Doepfer 156 which I sometime plan to convert -- been a year waiting at least already...
I kind of wanted to add an offset dial too, maybe an attenuation too.. That's what has kept me from doing it thus far...
Oh and question of panels too..
Hmm
gde
the plague bearer pot spacing is actually 3/4 of an inch
the barebones packs are really cool
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules  
Page 1 of 1