MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

final module decision: ADSR/VCA or Dual VCA?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author final module decision: ADSR/VCA or Dual VCA?
jonny_w
I'm nearing the completion of my synthesizer build (I know..I know. It's never finished). Here's where I need help. I've currently got (1) Dual VCA, and 2xADSR envelopes. I have one more slot available. Do I:

Buy an Oakley ADSR/VCA, or buy an Oakley Dual VCA? I really like how the Oakley ADSR/VCA would take care of my keyboard voice, so I'm leaning towards that. Plus, neither of my two EG's have looping, which the Oakley has.

My basic setup:

2 x MFOS VCO
2 x Oakley VCO
1 x MFOS VC-LFO
1 x CGS Dual LFO
1 x MFOS Dual VCA
1 x MFOS ADSR
1 x Ian Fritz EG
1 x Ian Fritz 5pulser
1 x Tellun Doomsday Machine
1 x MFOS 16 step sequencer
1 x J. Haible Tau Pipe phaser
1 x Yusynth Diode Ladder VCF
1 x Yusynth Transistor Ladder VCF
1 x MOTM mixer
1 x MFOS Sample & Hold
1 x Oakley Ring Mod
krisp14u
if you don't have an Oakley ADSR get one you will not be sorry
Dr. Sketch-n-Etch
It's pretty easy to add repeat to an MFOS ADSR. I built a dual MFOS ADSR with repeats (laid out my own PCB).
Awazleon92
Hello,

Both are nice. Like says Tony : you never get enough VCA...
That said, the ADSR/VCA from Tony is very clever because it embeds a VCA. So, you can easily control the VCA without having to patch from another ADSR. The only black point is that you can't just use it as VCA.
I have 2 ADSR/VCA but one of my next module would be a dual VCA. I can then control it with a modulation wheel, the after touch from my Kb...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1