MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Journeyman HP/LP switch
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Journeyman HP/LP switch
Leverkusen
Hi,

I am working me through my long sleeping diy-projects and have noticed that there is a lot missing in the part purchases that I did last year with some mouser parts lists from the internet. Now I have to go through everything to prevent ordering single caps... very frustrating

The building guide for the Journeyman says that a 'double pole double throw' DPDT toggle switch is required for the LPF/HPF mode selection. There are different types of them on the internet to buy but I assume for switching between HP and LP a so called on-on is needed. Am I right? I am still pretty new to diy.

Thanks,

Sven
Synthbuilder
Yes, you need an 'on-on' with two poles or gangs. The switch will have six solder lugs.

Tony
Leverkusen
Thank you for the support, Tony! thumbs up

It's the same with the dual vca, isn't it?
Synthbuilder
Leverkusen wrote:

The Dual VCA needs two SPST, that is 'single pole, single throw', switches. This type only has two solder lugs and is the simplest switch type available. However, they don't tend to sell these in toggle form that often so you'll probably need to get a couple of on-on SPDT switches; single pole, double throw. These have three lugs on each switch although you only need to solder two of them. The unused lugs, and their internal contact, can be just ignored.

Tony
Paradigm X
out of interest, ive been looking for switches recently, if youre considering using Tony's suggested parts, which are excellent, mouser were by far the most expensive, CPC here in the UK were the cheapest, then farnell.

eg spdt

farnell £2.56, price break at 25 - £2.34
cpc £2.15, price break at 10 - £2.04
mouser £6.83, price break at 25 £5.45 !!

not sure what options you have in germany but its worth looking around

cheers
Leverkusen
Synthbuilder wrote:
Leverkusen wrote:

The Dual VCA needs two SPST, that is 'single pole, single throw', switches. This type only has two solder lugs and is the simplest switch type available. However, they don't tend to sell these in toggle form that often so you'll probably need to get a couple of on-on SPDT switches; single pole, double throw. These have three lugs on each switch although you only need to solder two of them. The unused lugs, and their internal contact, can be just ignored.

Tony

Puh, confusing...that's from the manual but I think it is exactly what you mentioned as the second solution:

"Two 'single pole double throw' SPDT toggle switches are required for the optional AC/DC mode selection."

Thanks for the support!

thumbs up
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1