MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Make Noise 0 Coast
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next [all]
Author Make Noise 0 Coast
Mdashdotdashn
Although I can get the 0-coast to sync to midi clock, it does not seem to go faster than a tick per beat. Is there any ways to make it go faster ? Generally dividing clock rate is easy while multiplying is innacurate so I'd be nice to get a signal as close as possible to the original midi pulses.

Is there any way to achieve this ?
Thanks
gentle_attack
spektralisk wrote:
Here's my previous video. Nothing fancy sounding but a funny idea.

I've done something similar with the EXH "8-Step"

Graphic Env or Oscillator.
tonyt138
here's a little clip of some noodling on the 0-coast with a little analog delay. I've spent dozens of hours with this beast so far and I LOVE IT. My first venture into modular/semi-modular and now i'm hooked. Started my synth journey with a minilogue and a few volcas, but a friend of mines modular setup really inspired me to dig deeper.

0-coast noodling

I'm a total synth noob. My primary musical experience is playing drums in rock bands so synthesizers finally have me wanting to learn more about music theory and electronic music, and the 0-coast is keeping me inspired. Can't wait to check out the wealth of knowledge here and start building a rack setup of my own.
Liddlepud
Mdashdotdashn wrote:
Although I can get the 0-coast to sync to midi clock, it does not seem to go faster than a tick per beat. Is there any ways to make it go faster ? Generally dividing clock rate is easy while multiplying is innacurate so I'd be nice to get a signal as close as possible to the original midi pulses.

Thanks

Has anyone worked out how to set different clock divisions yet? The manual states that CC116 can alter the clock division but I can't get it to work.
sexslut
Liddlepud wrote:
Mdashdotdashn wrote:

Thanks

Has anyone worked out how to set different clock divisions yet? The manual states that CC116 can alter the clock division but I can't get it to work.

I've had no problem setting clock divisions using the max4live device (http://www.makenoisemusic.com/manuals/0-coast_programmer_m4l.zip). Make sure you're in the midi pages when you change it, and then exit by holding down program b to save.
Liddlepud
Thanks for the link but I don't have Ableton or max4live. Has anyone managed this without max4live?
The Junglechrist
Hey there ! Ever tought about adding a Touchplate Keyboard to your 0-Coast for some "Music Easel" type action ? Well we tried and it's fun !

DruMunkey
Hi all!

First jump into the land of physical patching=0-Coast...

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to make the stepped random voltage be smoothed or slewed just using patching on 0-coast...

I don't think there is, but I wanted to see if anyone has figured it out.

Thanks!
The Junglechrist
DruMunkey wrote:
Hi all!

First jump into the land of physical patching=0-Coast...

I'm trying to figure out if there's a way to make the stepped random voltage be smoothed or slewed just using patching on 0-coast...

I don't think there is, but I wanted to see if anyone has figured it out.

Thanks!

You can't realy slew the random but you can achieve sort of similar result by patching this way :

Random out into Voltage Math in 1
Clk out to Slope trig
Slope out to Voltage Math in 2
Mix in the slope signal with the random using the Voltage Math knob and adjust rise and fall ofthe slope to go on with the random speed as you like.
The Junglechrist
Also we just did a new Patch from Scratch with the 0-Coast and the Verbos Touchplate Keyboard, pure 50s horror movie type soundtrack stuff :

spektralisk
Exploring additional 0-coast oscillators. Sequenced and modulated by Digitakt.

dthorn
The Junglechrist wrote:
Hi all!You can't realy slew the random

Random out to contour gate in. Sustain to maximum. Onset, decay and curve to taste. Contour out to whatever you want to control. Your random is now slewed.
DruMunkey
dthorn wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:

Random out to contour gate in. Sustain to maximum. Onset, decay and curve to taste. Contour out to whatever you want to control. Your random is now slewed.

Perfect! But I gotta say, it raises even more question as to why in the hell it works...

I thought Gate was just on/off... So how does the random levels get translated into different voltages if the gate in is just taking 1/0?

For example:

Random->Contour Gate in
Voltage math right out -> dyn to keep it open
Contour to v/oct

I'd have guess that this patch would just sweep a fixed voltage based on sustain level. But I actually hear the random tones.

So does that mean that Gate in is actually voltage sensitive, or is there some other "magic" going on I'm not grokking?
The Junglechrist
dthorn wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:

True that ! Well found sir. I did realise recently that you could process CV in the Contour section as the sustain was sort of becoming the average voltage in but I havn't realised that it could work as channel of Maths like this for slew limiting ! One more trick to add to the unofficial manual then ;-)
The Junglechrist
DruMunkey wrote:

Perfect! But I gotta say, it raises even more question as to why in the hell it works...

I thought Gate was just on/off... So how does the random levels get translated into different voltages if the gate in is just taking 1/0?

For example:

Random->Contour Gate in
Voltage math right out -> dyn to keep it open
Contour to v/oct

I'd have guess that this patch would just sweep a fixed voltage based on sustain level. But I actually hear the random tones.

So does that mean that Gate in is actually voltage sensitive, or is there some other "magic" going on I'm not grokking?

Yes it just means the Contour might be based on a DUSG type design more than on a regular gate only sensitive envelope.
orangehexagon
The Junglechrist wrote:
dthorn wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:

True that ! Well found sir. I did realise recently that you could process CV in the Contour section as the sustain was sort of becoming the average voltage in but I havn't realised that it could work as channel of Maths like this for slew limiting ! One more trick to add to the unofficial manual then ;-)

Woah, is this true? Can someone confirm with scope shots?
DruMunkey
orangehexagon wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:
dthorn wrote:
The Junglechrist wrote:

Woah, is this true? Can someone confirm with scope shots?

I ax'd MakeNoise and here's the response:

Quote:
I tried your patch out, and it seems that the maximum Sustain level of the Contour circuit is determined by the level of the voltage that is gating it... so you could also think of the Sustain control as kind of an attenuator, while the Onset and Decay controls are like slew limiters in the up and down directions respectively. However, I found that it does not pass tuned voltage very accurately (you can't use it to add slew to a melodic sequence without that sequence being knocked out of tune). Nonetheless this is a fun use of the Contour circuit and should open up some new possibilities in your patching!
dthorn
Contour's gate input is unipolar, so with onset and decay set to zero it acts as a half wave rectifier with attenuation via the sustain knob. I've also managed to get it to work as a kind of envelope follower by feeding it external audio, but it's not exactly snappy or precise.
DruMunkey
Hey all... Not sure if this "deserves" it's own thread or not, so I'll put it here for now.

I've created a little layout for the iOS app MIDI Designer Pro to access all the midi/CC related features of the 0-Coast.

You can watch/suffer through a video description here:
https://youtu.be/PAqn6y5E9-I

Direct link to MDP layout is here:
http://mididesigner.com/qa/6567/programming-interface-utility-for-make -noise-0-coast
nrrrd
I've created a Reaktor 6 ensemble for editing the program pages.

It's available in the Native Instruments Reaktor User Library here:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/12257/
Azarius
nrrrd wrote:

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/reaktor-community/reaktor-user-l ibrary/entry/show/12257/

This is great, thanks for making this! As a Reaktor user this will come in very handy!
anselmi
nrrrd wrote:

great!

are you using CC, NRPN or SysEx messages on this?
nrrrd
anselmi wrote:

great!

are you using CC, NRPN or SysEx messages on this?

It's using CC messages, the ones that are in the table on page 15 of the manual. Hope it's useful for every reaktor user who also owns a 0-coast.
chuzzlewit
I've had my 0-coast a week now and so much fun. Couple of thing that feel like bugs though relating to the arp. Oh and yep I've read the manual and every forum post I could find!

I'm controlling the 0-coast with my Octatrack and trying to send gate via Midi B by patching to the tempo in to control the arp speed. Looking at the tempo indicator window the OC is receiving the gate.

As soon as I engaged the arp the tempo indicator freezes on and arp stops sounding. Or if the arp is running and then I patch midi B gate to the tempo in the same freeze. Perhaps I'm missing something really obvious!? I have been able to use Midi B gate to fire the contour no problem and also able to use LFO from Midi B to drive the tempo in - just the gate that doesn't seem to work.

Oh and perhaps a related issue the Latch Mode of the arp doesn't seem to work as expected. Notes latch on, but notes aren't released if I press them a second time (as the manual says).

help!?
The Junglechrist
This what might happen when a DFAM is having sex with a 0-Coast under supervision of a Mother 32 :

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 50, 51, 52, 53  Next [all]
Page 51 of 53