MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Make Noise 0 Coast
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next [all]
Author Make Noise 0 Coast
eBerkhout
Daaaamn! I hope for Make Noise's sake that this sells like hotcakes. It should do. Absolutely beautiful. NAMM '16 is looking like the dip-your-toe-into-modular desktop unit year... Not opposed. It's peanut butter jelly time!
shredsickgnar
cthonist wrote:
homodyne wrote:
I assume it's a eurorack module and case? 42hp?

Looks like solid metal corners where there should be a seam if it was meant for euro. Maybe they'll sell a separate module version or that's just the prototype, but my guess is it's only standalone. Seems like it's meant to be semi-modular and euro patchable but still a synth-in-itself rather than a synth voice for euro. It looks very coherent an playable on its own.

Oh, I didn't look that close. I just saw the screws in the corners and figured you could put in a rack.
ryangaston
Very cool Make Noise spin on the synth voice trend. Good to see a quirkier alternative to the Mother 32 and such.
xonetacular
looks nice and low profile

I can't tell if this actually looks good or if it's just the make noise effect where I GAS for it at first then buy and come to not like it so much
homodyne
Modulator - this seems to be eurorack mountable, just like the M32... not sure General Gear is the right place for this.
ignatius
homodyne wrote:
Modulator - this seems to be eurorack mountable, just like the M32... not sure General Gear is the right place for this.

prove it and i'll move it
xonetacular
homodyne wrote:
this seems to be eurorack mountable

doesnt look like it and that was never mentioned
booksy
I'm curious to hear more of the range of this thing but fuck...can't deny the appeal is strong on this one.
jimmie
Looks really cool! How thin that thing is! Fresh air to the table top mini synth scene.
Karl_Joseph
PM'd for Maths shirt ! ! !
CF3
rutabaga40 wrote:
very frustrating

It never ends...

Why would I want it to end? SlayerBadger!

Price for this is reasonable at $499. They're gonna sell a ton of these.
Kingnimrod
Why did it get moved? Looks like it is mountable in a euro case - has four screws on the top.
Dcramer
Sweet w00t would be great to see some of these circuits as separate modules thumbs up
sduck
homodyne wrote:

It's kilpatrick format and runs on +-19v. Can't interface with euro at all.

mdoudoroff wrote:
And… it’s black?!

I'd call it peuce.
Hovercraft
sduck wrote:
homodyne wrote:

Where did you get that info? It makes much more sense as a standard euro module.
clarke68
sduck wrote:

hihi applause

Hovercraft wrote:
Where did you get that info? It makes much more sense as a standard euro module.

Welcome to Muff's! thumbs up
Hovercraft
clarke68 wrote:
sduck wrote:

hihi applause

Hovercraft wrote:

Welcome to Muff's! thumbs up

Maybe you can give me a hand--I'm trying to get back on that turnip truck. oops
ym2612
Somewhat Sergey, aside from the normalled signal path. I like it. I don't know why so many of the intro demos for MN gear sound like they were dragged through the mud, but the wavefolders and VCA sound great in those NAMM videos.
pescatore
Eurorack or not, I think I'm gonna need that. This namm is already making my wallet hurt...
vav
SO LONG, MONEY
Hi5
It's cute. Don't need it but a great way to get people started into modules. MIDI plus self powered are big pluses.
xonetacular
At first I thought the top edge of the case was bent 90* aluminum and one piece but I think it's just the lighting. I'm leaning more towards think it's eurorackable and it's a normal flat panel screwed into an enclosure. If it is it seems strange not to mention that in that demo video.
winterhater
It's like a mn version of the dark energy
joem
xonetacular wrote:
At first I thought the top edge of the case was bent 90* aluminum and one piece but I think it's just the lighting. I'm leaning more towards think it's eurorackable and it's a normal flat panel screwed into an enclosure. If it is it seems strange not to mention that in that demo video.

It's not mentioned in _two_ demo videos. I'm actually kind of on the edge of my seat to find out! Will it or won't it (be eurorackable)?!
L.C.O.
I agree that the price seems pretty appropriate.

But I am also curious about whether or not this is euro rack mountable...
why would it not be? am trying to figure out the rationale for that decision.
IF
it is not euro mountable, then I don't get why all the patch points for CV a at the bottom of the box??... you would clearly be putting this in front of your other case, and patching up, with cables going over all the knobs. Putting the CV inputs onntop edge would have been smarter.
BUT
if it is euro rack mountable, then it does not matter.

As always with makenoise: looks cool as hell.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 51, 52, 53  Next [all]
Page 2 of 53