MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Arturia keystep controller
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 [all]
Author Arturia keystep controller
Isaiah
My Keystep arrived recently but I haven’t had much chance to explore it yet.

Is there an easy way to completely erase sequences in such a way that the step length is erased as well as the note information?
ianbortolotti
I find the way the sequencer transposes really weird. Say, if I record a sequence starting in D and try to transpose it to a sequence starting in E by pressing E, I get a sequence that starts in F#, if I press D again, the sequence doesn't transpose to D, but rather to E!

I understand the reference is always C. To get it to work the way I want, I need to record all my sequences starting in C, but that is really annoying.

My Microbrute sequencer works the way I expect it to. It transposes in relation to the way I played it while recording. Is there any way to get Keystep to behave like this?
operator808
Help? Is there a way to save a sequence I've just created onto the Keystep's on-board memory without syncing it to my computer and using the MIDI control center??

xx
lohacker
operator808 wrote:
Help? Is there a way to save a sequence I've just created onto the Keystep's on-board memory without syncing it to my computer and using the MIDI control center??

xx

8 sequences are stored in the 8 slots selectable with the first encoder (Seq/Arp mode).
operator808
Sure. Is there a way to over-write them? I've just entered in a new sequence that I'd like to save to the Keystep's on-board memory but don't know how to go about it.

xx
lohacker
operator808 wrote:
Sure. Is there a way to over-write them? I've just entered in a new sequence that I'd like to save to the Keystep's on-board memory but don't know how to go about it.

xx

afaik it's already saved, just press stop and play a new one to overwrite it
_lampshade_
Considering buying a keystep but maybe they are about to premier a new one at namm... any thoughts? Should I just go ahead or wait it out?
timeforest
does anyone have any ideas why the pitch cv on my keystep is two (or more) octaves too high when connecting to eurorack oscillators? and potentially how to correct it?
nrrrd
timeforest wrote:
does anyone have any ideas why the pitch cv on my keystep is two (or more) octaves too high when connecting to eurorack oscillators? and potentially how to correct it?

If it's like the Beatstep Pro you have to use the MIDI control centre software to set the "root note" - i.e. the lowest note possible.
I think the default is C2, and I had to set it to C0.
You can also set the voltage offset for CV.
timeforest
nrrrd wrote:
timeforest wrote:

If it's like the Beatstep Pro you have to use the MIDI control centre software to set the "root note" - i.e. the lowest note possible.
I think the default is C2, and I had to set it to C0.
You can also set the voltage offset for CV.

im in the midi centre and changed the "transpose center pitch" to C0 in "sequence settings" and its at c-2 in cv/gate settings but it still is very pitched up when i plug in the pitch out to an oscillator. is there something else i should be doing?
Red Electric Rainbow
l hated it. l bought a few weeks ago and had to downgrade the firmware to a previous version for it to work correctly for me with my hardware. What the fuck, right? lf it wasn’t so cold out that day l would’ve gone outside and smashed it against a dumpster.....legit that pissed....and lm not an angry person.
timeforest
is this pitching octaves up with pitch cv a defect in my unit? changing it in the midi station does nothing that i can discern
charonme
maybe you have to "sync" or "upload" the setting into the keystep? What did you select as the "0V MIDI NOTE" option?

there's also this thread: https://forum.arturia.com/index.php?topic=82696.0

also see 10.9.4.3 MIDI Note reference in the manual
http://downloads.arturia.com/products/keystep/manual/KeyStep_Manual_1_ 0_0_EN.pdf
timeforest
edit fixed in midi station very frustrating
Technologear?
Just adding my positive experience to this thread:
- setup once via arturias software and I have had all functions working as they should and as I prefer
- love the dip switches on the back to select clock source, good spot for that.
- the BEST thing for me: record a chord in Chord mode. Play back a Sequence and the single notes will play back chords. Plus you can transpose the sequence live using the keyboard.
Great for simple polyphonic synth stabs in classic techno.

Way more fun and powerful than what I bought it for initially.
Shledge
Planning to build a case that integrates the keystep, aiming for 104hp.

How much HP would a keystep take up? Wondering because I plan to make a little "side panel" for small performance modules right beside the keystep - precision adders and such.
col
The keystep is: 485mm x 146mm x 55mm (including the knobs).

Edit: add 4mm for the rubber feet.
Mashmore
Just wanted to share in case anyone else missed the firmware update that was released in July.

Its a big one IMO, mainly for the fact that they finally gave you the option to clock externally and not have the arp start automatically. nanners applause

https://www.arturia.com/support/updates&manuals
cake100
Someone said on the other site that there is a CV trigger bug if I recall correctly since they installed this new firmware.
Datum
The arp/seq not starting automatically is when I run the external clock is huge! Thank you Arturia for listening to our cries for help! SlayerBadger!
Mashmore
Datum wrote:
The arp/seq not starting automatically is when I run the external clock is huge! Thank you Arturia for listening to our cries for help! SlayerBadger!

I couldn't agree more! It only took a couple of years lol. They can code Moog clones and all kinds of stuff but could't take the time fix a run/stop error on ground level...Either way its a huge. we're not worthy

I haven't noticed that trigger bug yet(crosses fingers)
Thanks for sharing, If I experience that or anything else I'll report back.
synthi
cake100 wrote:
Someone said on the other site that there is a CV trigger bug if I recall correctly since they installed this new firmware.

Whats the other site??? sad banana
Fallen_lassen
The dark site Miley Cyrus
cake100
synthi wrote:
cake100 wrote:

Whats the other site??? sad banana

Begins with G and ends with earslutz
Bignorthumbrian
Delete, found the answer...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14 [all]
Page 14 of 14