MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Expander available] "Anushri" PCB's with eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author [Expander available] "Anushri" PCB's with eurorack
ym2612
Bring on the SMT! 0805 and SOIC opamps are no problem IMO. cool
andrewradtke
Step 2.
C:\WinAVR-20100110\bin\avrdude -V -p m328p -c usbtiny -P usb -B 1 -U flash:w:C:\anu_092.hex:i -U lock:w:0x2f:m

This will work if you rename Oliver's file from 'anu_0.92.hex' to 'anu_092.hex'. Just tried this on an old board that I have been working on. Worked like a charm. Thanks.
nat601
Has anyone else successfully built this yet? I'm having a few problems, namely no square wave from the oscillator (sub square is there though) and the filter just doesn't work! i can hear a bit of resonance when its cranked up but the cutoff hardly does anything :(
yan6
I have successfully built two of them now. Unfortunately im not in much of a position to help just now. I just moved houses and my stuff is still packed away. Perhaps in a week i will be better setup. I could post a pic of my build if it would help you look for errors.
skookum
I have successfully built four myself. Any problems that I have had has so far been solved by reflowing the relevant sections and connectors.

There is a ton of connection back and forth between the two boards through the headers and it is a weak point if you need to repeatedly take it apart to check for things. Check these too.

Have you confirmed the test points as documented by the original MI build doc, it is all exactly the same? Check towards the bottom of this PDF.

Link>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B5HxHa-BWPRFLXJ1bmFwR0g2ZWs/view?usp= sharing
sicpaul
I finished mine and it seems to be good. Guinness ftw!
Did not test with MIDI yet, but made analog connections.
Beside from a very low level at the panel outputs (which is quite normal, as i asked a friend with an original anushri) everything seems to work fine.
Lovely little toy

Thanks skookum applause
bretvh
Hi, I'm new to the forum, but found this thread when searching for Anushri PCBs. Wondering if you have any of these left, and if so, how I could go about ordering a PCB set and a panel. Thanks!

-Bret

skookum wrote:
FIRST RUN OF PANELS & KNOBS SOLD OUT. PCB's STILL AVAILABLE. If you're interested in a panel still, let me know for the future.

A couple of times I've had requests to build the Mutable Instruments “Anushri” but I've never been able to find PCBs to buy.
After checking kosherness with Olivier I am going to do a run of boards, keeping what I think I might need now and in the future and then sell the remainder.

PCBs: $40
Panel: $60 (preliminary)
Knobs: $25
Shipping: at cost, location dependant, TBD.

This is an interest check to see if anyone around here is interested in a set of boards. The size of the pcb run will depend partially on interest.
I am not looking for anything up front, other than serious interest only. A list will be made and when manufactured and shipped, they can be paid for. They are a couple of fairly big boards and I expect a small run, so estimate about $40-50 for the set of two.

The boards will have some substitutions and modifications, such as “thonkiconn” jacks, D6R buttons, easier to source toggles and a slightly modified euro power section. This is done to better match my stock of parts and an updated BOM will be provided.

It will be sold and supported by me, nothing to do with Mutable Instruments except the licensing. They will be rebranded appropriately to reflect this.

If there’s enough interest I may offer eurorack aluminum front panels as well. I would like some for myself, but they will be expensive in the low quantity I'm expecting (~$60) so it’ll only go ahead if enough people express interest. Absolute minimum 10 peeps. The panel would not be compatible with MI’s original release, and have my own design on it.
If interest in this panel is sufficient I can offer SIFAM “intelljel” style knobs to go with it as well.

In short, if you'd like to buy a set of “Anushri” PCBs and/or a front panel to build a kick ass little box or module, express your serious interest. The PCB’s are going ahead either way, panel/knobs is interest dependent.

ADDENDUM: There is apparently demand for eurorack panels compatible with MI's original release. If you're interested in just a panel, note your interest. Same conditions as above.

edit: Files are on github as per license.

https://github.com/skookumsynth/anookum
stringsthings
It took some time, but I finished my build. This was the first time I've ever flashed a chip, so I was bit nervous. So I bought an inexpensive USBtinyISP and successfully flashed the chip. Waited a day or two for the V2164 IC and some Erthanvar 3.5mm jacks and then fired her up. I had already tested the drum machine while the V2164 was being shipped and now the synth section was fully operational.

Wow! I'm surprised at the versatility of this circuit. I'm waiting on a new MIDI controller so I just used the "hold" function to enter notes. I wound up playing with the different sounds and functions for an hour before finishing the panel with knobs and all the screws.

Thanks to skookum for a great project ! smile smile smile
glennfin
Interested in a PCB/panel as soon as they're available. hyper
skookum
stringsthings wrote:
It took some time, but I finished my build. This was the first time I've ever flashed a chip, so I was bit nervous. So I bought an inexpensive USBtinyISP and successfully flashed the chip. Waited a day or two for the V2164 IC and some Erthanvar 3.5mm jacks and then fired her up. I had already tested the drum machine while the V2164 was being shipped and now the synth section was fully operational.

Wow! I'm surprised at the versatility of this circuit. I'm waiting on a new MIDI controller so I just used the "hold" function to enter notes. I wound up playing with the different sounds and functions for an hour before finishing the panel with knobs and all the screws.

Thanks to skookum for a great project ! smile smile smile

I'm very happy to hear of your success! It is a great synth isn't it?

I want to take a minute and extend apologies for the much delayed expander. Full-time work, two small children and a home under construction has left me with little time or energy to pour into different projects. I do hope to get a chance to revisit this soon.
If anyone purchased based on the expander, please accept my sincere apologies for the delay.
o0
Making good progress on designing a standalone acrylic case, while I wait for the last parts to come in and I start the build.

I was about to send it to the printer when I noticed that the while Olivier's build calls for 10mm spacers between the 2 boards, the connectors are around 11mm+ once you mate the male and female header, which means adding a spacer or using an 11m headers instead.

I'm might actually replace the whole thing with low profile headers, since there is absolutely nothing in between the 2 boards, except for room for the exposed solder traces.

I also replaced the knob for the filter cutoff for a much larger MXR style, and using 1900h style for everything else.

I guess the Eurorack people don't care, but I wished the PCBs were designed so the ICs and most importantly the MIDI and Audio connectors were between the 2 boards instead of below the main board, so the entire assembly could have a much lower profile.

Here's the case design in progress...

masterofstuff124
looks like a nice case! im looking forward to it!
skookum
That looks fantastic! Great job! This acid monster deserves a yuuge Resonance knob. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Oliviers BOM has the low profile headers. I made the choice of "regular" headers ands 12mm standoffs, again to make the sourcing easier and it is mainly aimed at the Euroracked segment.

You could make it even more low profile by using wires in the headers too, but thats a ton of work.
glennfin
Are PCB's and panels still available?... hmmm.....

skookum wrote:
That looks fantastic! Great job! This acid monster deserves a yuuge Resonance knob. MY ASS IS BLEEDING

Oliviers BOM has the low profile headers. I made the choice of "regular" headers ands 12mm standoffs, again to make the sourcing easier and it is mainly aimed at the Euroracked segment.

You could make it even more low profile by using wires in the headers too, but thats a ton of work.
evolve
Interested in europanel/PCB (and knobs I guess!)
Always wanted one of these
sammy123
Is the expander still available for those of us from the pcb/panel/knob run?
skookum
sammy123 wrote:
Is the expander still available for those of us from the pcb/panel/knob run?

It will be, for sure.
I got my ass in gear and the prototype is in the fab, and will hopefully be with me soon.
Altitude909
Just finished a build, well done. Those new tacts are a very welcome addition. Any reason you dont use the bootloader? There is an alternate Anushri firmware floating around, having the bootloader would save cracking open the case/pulling it from the rack to update it
lasesentaysiete
pcbs and/or panels still available?
bertjepilsbier
I have an original Anushri and would love to buy an alu panel and other knobs.

Do you also have a replacement for the in/out and MIDI panel?
Altitude909
bertjepilsbier wrote:
I have an original Anushri and would love to buy an alu panel and other knobs.

Do you also have a replacement for the in/out and MIDI panel?

Doesnt fit the orginal Anushri, different jacks and tacts.

While on the topic, here's my case. Same case I used to the MI Anushri adapted to the new jacks and switches

skookum
Just got notifications of a reply, after the fact it seems.

Altitude909 is correct, the buttons and jacks are different and have a slightly adjusted layout.

[quote
Just finished a build, well done. Those new tacts are a very welcome addition. Any reason you dont use the bootloader? There is an alternate Anushri firmware floating around, having the bootloader would save cracking open the case/pulling it from the rack to update it[/quote]

Ignorance I suppose. I haven't seen the alternate firmware you mention. It has made me curious though and I'll be looking for it!

That's a great looking implementation too. Good job! thumbs up
ym2612
Altitude909 wrote:
While on the topic, here's my case. Same case I used to the MI Anushri adapted to the new jacks and switches

love love

Do you have a design file for this that you can share?
indigo
Definitely interested in a kit when available! Tnx
skookum
I did not get a notification that they were at the post office, got a "Final Notice" slip in the mail and they are finally in my hand. Close one!
I hope to get time to test within the next few days. Hopefully all will be well, it is a very simple board.

[/img]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 9 of 11