MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Expander available] "Anushri" PCB's with eurorack
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Author [Expander available] "Anushri" PCB's with eurorack
skookum
So here is an attempt at shoehorning in TRS midi jacks.

By shifting the PCB over to the left, it is possible to fit two wired jacks on the right hand side. Feels a bit lopsided to me. Comments?

herrprof
Maybe drop them to be even with Audio and VCA drums?
alain6870
You should write on the panel that this jacks are stereo ones to avoid any short for the end user... hmmm.....
skookum
Quote:
Maybe drop them to be even with Audio and VCA drums?


That was my initial thought, but I found it put too much of a squeeze on the text.

Quote:
You should write on the panel that this jacks are stereo ones to avoid any short for the end user... hmmm.....


That is a very good point.
LudfisterSound
Will a programmed MCU be available for this as well?
LudfisterSound
Looks like there could be a lot of room under the buttons and jacks if the PCB was moved up slightly. Might even be able to work them onto the control board, the pic of your PCB makes it look like there could be room there.
Rowan
Could I put my name down for 1 X MI panel
smithoid
Hi
Is there any chance I could buy just the controller board? I have already sourced and built the main synth board with the intention of doing custom panel mounted pots, but suddenly the job seems too much hassle.
Cheers
Paul
eclectics
I'm interested in a set of pcbs, knobs and panel, thanks.
sammy123
It does seem a bit lopsided with the midi jacks on the right, but i can't think of a better idea. At least they are out of the way there.
Altitude909
Honestly, the more I look at it, the less it bothers me. If you wanted to go crazy, you could mod the CS PCB and add jacks between volume and audio in
skookum
Quote:
Will a programmed MCU be available for this as well?


At this point I am not planning on producing programmed MCU's, however that may change. Still not sure if I want to do that.

Quote:
Looks like there could be a lot of room under the buttons and jacks if the PCB was moved up slightly. Might even be able to work them onto the control board, the pic of your PCB makes it look like there could be room there.


That is possible, and the Thonkiconn jacks can sit very tight together.
Currently one of the headers are relocated to sit on the edge of the board, below the jacks. Relocating them again would require another round of rerouting for the top and bottom and another proto made. It's not really something I relish getting into at this point.

Quote:
Hi
Is there any chance I could buy just the controller board? I have already sourced and built the main synth board with the intention of doing custom panel mounted pots, but suddenly the job seems too much hassle.
Cheers
Paul


Certainly, but be aware that some of the headers connecting the two boards have been relocated to make room for the changed jacks and switches, so these would need to be wired.

Quote:
Honestly, the more I look at it, the less it bothers me. If you wanted to go crazy, you could mod the CS PCB and add jacks between volume and audio in


Yes I'm trying to keep this off the boards. With a half-stuffed proto PCB I'm not too keen on making changes to the boards unless I made a mistake on this one. If I did, which is not outside the realm of possibility, then I will take another look at incorporating it directly into the control PCB.
alain6870
Your panel is definitivly great! I would let the midi connection out. It is still possible to add them on a 1U panel with other stuff beside.

Count me in for panel and pcb.
ArtGarfunkadelic
I'll be getting in way over my head with this, but I'll take a pcb, panel, and knob set.
4floorsofwhores
Definitely 1 pcb please. plus panel if that happens
spotta
There was a chap on the MI forum who modded his so the fuzz was a pot rather than a switch. When I had my Anushri I always thought that was a mod worth doing, might be worth incorporating.
skookum
spotta wrote:
There was a chap on the MI forum who modded his so the fuzz was a pot rather than a switch. When I had my Anushri I always thought that was a mod worth doing, might be worth incorporating.


That's interesting, I'm going to look for the thread.

Update: I'm waiting for some parts to arrive to finish the control-board and program the MCU.
Coconuts
I'd be interested in a pcb/panel set but not one without the other
m0d01
I'm interested in one of everything.

Serious and committed.

If it's not too late, that is...

N
skookum
Coconuts wrote:
I'd be interested in a pcb/panel set but not one without the other


The PCB's and panel are both going ahead, barring unforeseen consequences. So I'll mark you down!

Quote:
I'm interested in one of everything.

Serious and committed.

If it's not too late, that is...

N


Not at all! This is the first time I am going through this kind if sourcing, so I am taking it slow. And I will be getting a few extras too, so it won't really "close" at any point.
dksynth
Panel and PCB for me. On a mission to build everything MI ever released smile
Hkg_phooey
Please mark me down for 1 set of pcbs + panel. Thanks.
Altitude909
If you're still considering 3.5mm to midi, I recommend these:

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/253/KC-300830-202687.pdf

I use them in my Monotribe and Volca midi kits
skookum
Altitude909 wrote:
If you're still considering 3.5mm to midi, I recommend these:

http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/253/KC-300830-202687.pdf

I use them in my Monotribe and Volca midi kits


Those look perfect, thanks for the tip.
skookum
Well it all seems to work, bar a minor cock-up on one of the boards (that is why we prototype). I just gotta do a bit more testing to make sure its all good then I will order the PCB's and move on to the panels.

Thank you for your patience!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next [all]
Page 3 of 11
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group