MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel 1U Info Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Intellijel 1U Info Thread
widgetoz
infovore wrote:
Well, you can always make a new frontpanel for them which would solve that problem...

Re panelling 1UE to 1UF is not an issue but going from 1UF to 1UE will usually have the problem that the modules pcb maybe to big to go between the rails in a 1UE system
autopoiesis
infovore wrote:
Well, you can always make a new frontpanel for them which would solve that problem...

There's a thread on this topic in case you're curious: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155980&highlight=
auxren
Anyone know if the audio I/O module can handle instrument inputs? Looking to use it to throw my guitar signal into the case to process then back out to a guitar amp.
restless1
CeeJay wrote:
pulpum wrote:
restless1 wrote:
Anyone know if the Intellijel 1Us fit with the Clicks & Clocks rails?

I have 2 custom 4Us for my portable case just begging for these...

http://clicksclocks.de/888

excellent question!

I think, the discription of the Clicks & Clocks 4U frames is quite clear. There is even a link to erthenvars 1U specs.
They use lipped rails but with the inner height of erthenvar/pulplogic tiles.
This makes their whole 4U frame actually bigger than 4U.

The Intellijel 1Us will fit, but leave a gap and you can screw them only to one rail.

Ahh I see. I think I'm gonna pick up a few and see if I can work an easy solution.

And that pic really helps too, handsomepanther!
TrondC
Time to announce the new format: 2 2/3 U! Specifically designed so you can have three rows of a total of 7U!

Oh, and VariU (tm) format built out of living wood so that your modules will vary in size over time.

Jokes aside tho, not being able to fit Erthenvar or Pulplogic tiles in a Intellijel 4U case is a dealbreaker for me....
$XxxxX$
rimbod wrote:
intellijel wrote:
Quadratt sums via adjacent normalling. e.g. output 2 is the sum of out1 and out 2. out 3 is the sum of out 2 and out 3 and so forth.
So if nothing is patched into the discrete outputs then out 4 would effectively be a sum of all 4 channels. If you patched out of out 2 and out 4 then out 2 = sum of 1+2 and out 4 = sum of 3 + 4 which means you get two seperate sub mixes.

Wooooooow... woah That's really interesting...

Any chance the quadratt will ever be available in 3U?

Very much i like. Space saver.
$XxxxX$
Roy72 wrote:
Any possibility of an intellijel 1u headphone tile? To me it seems to be the utility missing from the first release collection.

Yes this indeed would be useful.
StevelandCleaner
$XxxxX$ wrote:
Roy72 wrote:
Any possibility of an intellijel 1u headphone tile? To me it seems to be the utility missing from the first release collection.

Yes this indeed would be useful.

+1 for this I have a gig coming up soon and it would be a fantastic addition
noisejockey
Odd question just came to mind: Would an Intellijel tile fit into the 1U row in the Make Noise Shared System?

(I love my Intelljel 7U case, fwiw. Quadratt rocks. µMIDI and audio I/O tiles that pass the rear connectors to the front panel are awesome. I've got two USB tiles that power a light and a Sound Devices USBPre2 for limiting and headphone I/O. Supremely happy with the build, power, tiles. Just want more tile module options!)
hermbot
I don’t know if there have been any developments on this front, but I have mounted 1U rack rails in the bottom portion of my IKEA Rast Rack. I’d like to load it up with Intellijel modules only. What’s the easiest way to get those set up? I’d prefer to use Z-rails.

If I bought the tiptop z-rails I would just need some bracket to hold them and mount them to the rack rails, yes? Does anyone sell brackets like that or will I have to go DIY?
bc3
hermbot wrote:
I don’t know if there have been any developments on this front, but I have mounted 1U rack rails in the bottom portion of my IKEA Rast Rack. I’d like to load it up with Intellijel modules only. What’s the easiest way to get those set up? I’d prefer to use Z-rails.

If I bought the tiptop z-rails I would just need some bracket to hold them and mount them to the rack rails, yes? Does anyone sell brackets like that or will I have to go DIY?

Go DIY for sure, I did. Go pick up some 1" aluminium (1/8") and its not too bad to make your own side brackets. Intellijel has the exact measurements listed on their website. Also, a drill press is helpful in the process.
hermbot
Thanks. Somehow I missed the diagrams on the Intellijel site, but now I see them. I do have a drill press and someone at work can bend the brackets for me to a nice radius, so I'll just fab up my own.
ethnotronics
Any news on if and when new 1U modules are going to be released?
I look forward to having more options to fill the rows of my two 7U cases Guinness ftw!
Hovercraft
ethnotronics wrote:
Any news on if and when new 1U modules are going to be released?
I look forward to having more options to fill the rows of my two 7U cases Guinness ftw!

Recently bought two of the Intellijel 7U performance cases and I'm wondering the same thing. Intellijel hinted at all sorts of 1U modules, including a sequencer, but it's nearly a year later and they don't even offer a buffered mult. Don't see much of a commitment to their own format. seriously, i just don't get it
kisielk
There's a bunch of new ones (including buffered mult) that will be coming soon. Enough that I've lost track of how many there are smile
Hovercraft
kisielk wrote:
There's a bunch of new ones (including buffered mult) that will be coming soon. Enough that I've lost track of how many there are smile

Yes!--thanks for the update. w00t
indexofmetals
kisielk - by soon do you mean before Christmas?
bobbcorr
It's getting awfully close to Christmas. . .I hope Santa has some 1U(I) tiles in his bag for me.
dc_Sux
Would be very happy if they also released the previously mooted neoprene sleeves for the cases. Would be nice to have something to wrap my 4u 104hp in.
Happiness Forever
I too would really like to know more about these coming 1Us.
pinkflag16
Anyone try driving headphones with the Audio I/O 1U? I'm probably going to get a 4u skiff, and would love to free up some space by replacing my Rosie, but direct headphone out is a must. I'm using AKG Q701s. Thanks.
kisielk
pinkflag16 wrote:
Anyone try driving headphones with the Audio I/O 1U? I'm probably going to get a 4u skiff, and would love to free up some space by replacing my Rosie, but direct headphone out is a must. I'm using AKG Q701s. Thanks.

There is a headphone out module coming soon smile
Hovercraft
kisielk wrote:

There is a headphone out module coming soon smile

It would be great to get a list of the new1U modules and a rough availability date. Thanks.
kisielk
It's hard to provide date estimates since it depends on several different manufacturers and their timelines (panels, PCBs, component assembly) and then our own assembly. The designs are done though...
Hovercraft
kisielk wrote:
It's hard to provide date estimates since it depends on several different manufacturers and their timelines (panels, PCBs, component assembly) and then our own assembly. The designs are done though...

Fair enough, but can you list the modules definitely slated for production?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 4 of 13