MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Intellijel 1U Info Thread
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Author Intellijel 1U Info Thread
Citizen Klaus
Per mateo's recent suggestion, this thread is intended to compile information regarding Intellijel's 1U spec, so that we can have a place to refer people in response to future questions.

Here is Danjel's original post on the spec:

intellijel wrote:
I knew there was a potential for some controversy with our choice of sizing for the 1U modules but we honestly had no ulterior motives behind this other than being the only practical way we could make them work with our design.

As far as following the lead of those who had come before us that is exactly what we did: we calculate sizes based on official 1U rack standards and Doepfer Eurorack measurements.

Given that 1U = 1.75" and a 1U tile panel is 1.7" that would only leave 0.025" for each rail lip (0.6mm!) and that is without accounting for size tolerances and extra spacing which is usually about +/-0.2mm

It was important for us that the 4U cases fit perfectly in a 4U rack space. This requirement drove all the other sizing.

We also looked at Doepfer 3U specs in terms of distance of panel holes relative to edge of 3U space, panel size vs. opening, rail thickness etc.

We also wanted to keep using the 5x2 pin headers for power so that the modules would be compatible with standard power supplies.

I actually think the idea on Tiles to use a mini header is very clever but it does not work for our modules since we have some that will be using the CV/gate bus and +5V rails.

Source

In response to a recent post by pulplogic regarding Pulp Logic/Erthenvar 1U tiles fitting in a 1U rack space, Danjel clarified:

intellijel wrote:
But that is because the rails you are using in this do not have any lip at all so they are atypical to the most commonly used rails (e.g. doepfer, tiptop etc.)

As stated in the other thread I made my calculations on the panel size to be the same ratio as the panels used by doepfer in the 3U size.

This is the only way it would work with our extrusions that have lips.

Source

And in response to a question from DonaldCrunk about whether rails with lips are common enough to merit adopting a sizing different from that established by Pulp Logic/Erthenvar, James Husted of Synthwerks wrote:

ersatzplanet wrote:
The Vector rails indeed do not have a lip, which is there purely for cosmetic reasons. The standard Doepfer panel size will work with vector rails with no lip, Schroff rails with lips, Z-Rails with lips etc., etc. because they are sized for the HOLE SPACING, NOT the overall 3U size. If the original iU tiles made for the hole spacing of vector rails and rails with lips, they would work for both.

It is unfortunate that the originators of the 1U tiles didn't think of the possibility of the rails with lips being used. This means that buyers will always have to ask because now even the hole spacing is different for both versions.

NOBODY makes 3U modules that ONLY work for lipless Vector rails and not in the ones that have them. They are at least universal.

Source

Long story short: Pulp Logic/Erthenvar 1U tiles use the full 1U of vertical space, but only work with Vector rails. Intellijel 1U modules use slightly less than 1U of vertical space, but work with all rails, including those with lips.

----------

If anyone wants to add anything, or knows of any other pertinent posts by Danjel or others, please feel free to add them below.
solitud
Any suggestions how to name the new 1U formats to tell them apart?

Intellijel 1U and Pulp Logic 1U?
Lipless 1U and lipped 1U?

I understand the problem but this is a mess!
Users won't understand this and will be left disappointed. And I already regret that we tried to support 1U format on ModularGrid.

ModularGrid lets you drop all quirky mixed 1Us in a row and suggest that they all will fit.
But they won't. waah
Umcorps
solitud wrote:

I'd suggest the Intellijel units are called 1U and the Pulp Logic ones are called Tiles.
solitud
Umcorps wrote:

I'd suggest the Intellijel units are called 1U and the Pulp Logic ones are called Tiles.

Not sure if Mr Pulp Logic will agree to that?
phono1337
solitud wrote:
Umcorps wrote:

Not sure if Mr Pulp Logic will agree to that?

it sounds like the most logical though
Umcorps
I haven't been following the debate so I'm not up to speed with the feels side of things but, objectively, the Intelligel sizing is closer to being able to claim its generic in a physical sense of fitting all rails that are 1U apart - lipped or otherwise.

If you have to pay attention to the type of rail you are using to accommodate the PL style modules you need to know about that at the outset. Especially as it looks like cases with 1U sections are going to become more common.

"Generic 1U" v "Vector 1U" is another option. Maybe that's less emotive? seriously, i just don't get it Dunno. However its done, there is a difference and it needs flagging in some way.
botou
Joe.
Incoming: 3RU tiles.
Torn n Frayed
7 new ones up on Modular Grid today...
Sargon
A lot of people are claiming that this is "killing" the format. I don't agree with this, but it's certainly creating a pretty big rift.

Also, while we're on the subject, what's the difference between PulpLogic and Erthenvar? Who invented the format? Why are both of their webstores broken all the time?
justin3am
Well, I can tell you that I was considering putting together a new rack based on Pulp Logic's Mainframe but once I heard about this potential compatibility issue, I chose to hold off.

I don't want to get into a format which may not be widely supported in the long run, so I'm going to wait until the dust clears on this subject. Until then, I won't be buying any 1u/Tile modules (from Intellijel or Pulp Logic). I imagine that there are others who feel the same.

Not casting any blame here, just voicing my concern.
JohnLRice
OT but a similar story:

Wow, this is all surprising and interesting because something similar happened in the 5U world not long ago. In short, long ago Moog created CP panels that are 5.625" tall (as opposed to the 8.75" of the standard 5U modules) to go at the bottom of their cases, normally used for passive mults, attenuators and other shallow utility modules that would fit at the bottom of sloped cases and were often attached to a long piano hinge at the bottom of the case so the whole row could be flipped open.

Anyways, in modern times two different height CP panels (143mm and 147mm) and supporting cases found their way into the market and one is not easily compatible (or at all) with the other. sad banana

See this thread for details:
https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=120103
shred
the PulpLogic / Erthenvar connection has been covered in other threads. Sorry, just don't want to turn this too far away from Intellijel 1U info. Also, their websites are not "broken" all the time, PulpLogic has an Etsy page which he updates frequently and Erthenvar is in the middle of updating their website currently. Not to mention these are probably VERY small ventures and are simply spending their time focused on other matters. Recently I contacted John at PulpLogic with a question and he responded almost immediately & shipping was lightning fast.

You can buy 1U + 3U rack cheeks from PulpLogic made for Vector rails. Synthrotek sells 1U rack ears for Vector rails too. I don't know of anyone making 1U rack ears for Z rails, though I'm sure it won't be hard to do.
All I know of is Intellijel's case offerings (short of just buying rails and measuring holes yourself) which is one of the reasons I went with Vector rails because I wanted to do a DIY case with rack mounted rails (as opposed to measuring and screwing the rails to the case or using end cheeks).

The dust won't clear. There are two different scenarios and it appears neither are compatible with the other. People will have to choose, that's just what it comes down to.
PolarIceCaves
shred wrote:

The dust won't clear. There are two different scenarios and it appears neither are compatible with the other. People will have to choose, that's just what it comes down to.

All it will take is more manufacturers to release modules based on one size or the other and then we'll see what happens.
modernage
it's all starting to feel a bit like Blu-ray vs. HD DVD. Enjoy the show!
TheSolenoids
Since I am always reconfiguring, I am planning to stay "lipped". I want my rails (which are all currently lipped) to be able to move from one configure to another. Frankly that's why I currently have no tiles. I like earthenvar and love their Primitive ring mod, but wouldn't buy a tile unless it fit a lipped 1 u.

I feel so iconoclastic saying this, but hey, that's the way it is.
ablearcher
I recently built a 7u case into a Halliburton suitcase with a bunch of pulp logic tiles in there. I think they are great.

I would vote for vector 1u as the name. Vector rails are the diy standard as far as I know, and are used in most of the cases being built by the smaller companies.

I wonder if the intelligence 1u modules will be as cheap as the tiles? They are like candy! They can really make a system feel like an instrument too.
mskala
Umcorps wrote:

1U means 1.75 inches. If there are two formats, exactly one of them is 1.75 inches, and we are giving them names specifically to be able to tell which one is which size, then it doesn't make sense to me for "1U" to be the name of the format whose important defining characteristic is that it is not 1.75 inches.
Citizen Klaus
mskala wrote:
Umcorps wrote:

1U means 1.75 inches. If there are two formats, exactly one of them is 1.75 inches, and we are giving them names specifically to be able to tell which one is which size, then it doesn't make sense to me for "1U" to be the name of the format whose important defining characteristic is that it is not 1.75 inches.

They're both 1.75 inches. The difference is, one format includes rail lips in that 1.75 inches, and the other doesn't. (Alternatively, if you go by panel height instead of panel+rails+tolerance height, neither of them are 1.75 inches; the Pulp Logic/Erthenvar tiles are 1.70.)
handsomepanther
I wonder What size format is the Make Noise Shared System following? It has that classy 1u row in the center that just makes so much sense.. Did they make sure it was compatible with synthrotek/erthenvar..?

After carefully reading and re-reading this thread I'm still not understanding wtf lips are, probably because I never built my own case, but I know this will confuse lots of people..

I just have to say how disappointing all of this is.. Because I really LOVE erthenvar/pulp logic, own a lunchbox and I'm a big fan of tiles!! But I'm also a major intellijel fanboy and drool at those new cases with with the tile rows..
But.. Then.. I can't put ANY tiles in it except intellijel... Ugh, and the explanation is cryptic at best, the cases they're selling are custom anyway, I Do understand the bit about power, but aren't there adapters for the tiles to work in normal power slots?

If someone ever has the chance to show the intellijel tiles and erthenvar/pulplogic/synthrotek tiles next to each other.. Please post some pictures to shed some light on this, I love intellijel but this tiles business doesn't make sense to me.. I mean.. Isn't this from pulp logic 4U?
http://pulplogic.com/product/mainframe-3u1u/

Would that just fit right in say.. One of these cases?
http://www.thenoizeworks.co.uk/cr204blkm-4u-professional-19x22-rack-ca se-480-p.asp

seriously, i just don't get it
Coetillion
i have pulp logic and synthrotek tiles in my 7u mn shared system case
mskala
Citizen Klaus wrote:
mskala wrote:
it doesn't make sense to me for "1U" to be the name of the format whose important defining characteristic is that it is not 1.75 inches.

They're both 1.75 inches.

Anybody who applies a ruler is going to disagree.

Yes, one can draw a diagram of how each format works and there will be a dimension somewhere on each diagram that is 1.75 inches. It's also true that each has a panel size that is not exactly 1.75 inches.

But remember why we're doing this at all. We're not just coming up with a good name for one format. We have two formats that are about the same size, but are not the same size and are not compatible, and we need to tell the difference between them. The one whose obvious, directly measurable, size is furthest from 1.75 inches, should not be assigned a name that literally means "1.75 inches."

If you think 0.05 inches matters, than don't call either of them 1U. (Although that same 0.05 inch clearance is standard on full-width 1U rack equipment, which has been called 1U for a long time.) I don't feel strongly about that. It'd also make sense to me to call them both 1U and qualify it in both cases, such as "lipped 1U" and "lipless 1U." But don't call just one of them just "1U," and have that be the one that most clearly is not.
shred
I hear what you're saying mskala, but I think the salient point is that regardless of which rail you use both fit into the 1U rack space. The rack rail standard is the same across the board so, IMO, if they both fit in a 1U rack space then they are "1U".

A distinction between the two should still absolutely be made, I think your suggestion of "lipped 1U" and "lipless 1U" is a good way to go.

The real meaty info will come when these Intellijel tiles/units/whathaveyou hit the streets and people can do some more detailed comparisons.

And for what it's worth I think the Intellijel designs look really awesome, especially the clock divider, that's a brilliant idea.
thx2112
Are just the outer diameters different, or are the hole placements different as well?
flo
mskala wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:
mskala wrote:
it doesn't make sense to me for "1U" to be the name of the format whose important defining characteristic is that it is not 1.75 inches.

Correct.

Ty wrote:
I brought a blank erthenvar 1U tile to see the size difference with the new Intellijel 1U modules.

Source: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2120035#2120035
Citizen Klaus
flo wrote:
mskala wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:
mskala wrote:

Correct.

mskala left out the rest of the quote, leaving out the context for that statement.

I'm not disputing that the panel sizes are different -- just that, as shred pointed out above, both 1U formats fit into exactly 1U of rack space, provided you use appropriate rails. With both formats, the size of the total package (panel + rails + tolerances) comes to 1.75 inches. They're both 1U.

The difference is that one format (Pulp Logic/Erthenvar) was designed exclusively around one type of rail, while the other (Intellijel) works with multiple rail types.
Citizen Klaus
thx2112 wrote:
Are just the outer diameters different, or are the hole placements different as well?

Both. From the OP:

ersatzplanet wrote:
The Vector rails indeed do not have a lip, which is there purely for cosmetic reasons. The standard Doepfer panel size will work with vector rails with no lip, Schroff rails with lips, Z-Rails with lips etc., etc. because they are sized for the HOLE SPACING, NOT the overall 3U size. If the original iU tiles made for the hole spacing of vector rails and rails with lips, they would work for both.

It is unfortunate that the originators of the 1U tiles didn't think of the possibility of the rails with lips being used. This means that buyers will always have to ask because now even the hole spacing is different for both versions.

NOBODY makes 3U modules that ONLY work for lipless Vector rails and not in the ones that have them. They are at least universal.

Source

Basically, as I understand it, Pulp Logic/Erthenvar were able to give themselves extra PCB and panel space for their tiles by pushing the rails out to the vertical limits of the 1U form factor. But they could only do this because they were using Vector rails, which don't have lips. Since the lips take up a few mm of vertical space, if you used the Pulp Logic/Erthenvar hole spacing with lipped rails (Doepfer, TipTop, etc.), you'd exceed 1.75 inches of overall height, and the tile row would no longer fit into exactly 1U.
thx2112
Interesting.

I calculate the 1U centers as 33.457mm.

The tiles have about 29mm PCB height, which is just barely enough for two vertical jacks. 22.5mm for 1U is very tight.

It will be interesting to see if it takes.
handsomepanther
Ty wrote:
I brought a blank erthenvar 1U tile to see the size difference with the new Intellijel 1U modules.

That Picture is Super Helpful!
msegarra
do all of them use the same power connector plugs as the rest of my euro?
thx2112
They just sent me this link:

http://intellijel.com/technical-specifications/

It includes the above graphic, plus this one:

dumbledog
msegarra wrote:
do all of them use the same power connector plugs as the rest of my euro?

Intellijel uses the standard 12-pin cables as far as I know, as they use the CV/Gate buses. PulpLogic's tiles use small, keyed, 4-pin 'tile tails' and a cable that splits one eurorack power slot into 3 tile tail connectors to save on slots.

The lunchbox I got has enough connectors built in that I'm able to power 14 tiles without using a single slot on the power board which is kinda nice.
mskala
Citizen Klaus wrote:
I'm not disputing that the panel sizes are different -- just that, as shred pointed out above, both 1U formats fit into exactly 1U of rack space, provided you use appropriate rails. With both formats, the size of the total package (panel + rails + tolerances) comes to 1.75 inches. They're both 1U.

If you want to call them both 1U, that's great, but it has nothing to do with my point, which is very specifically about the proposal from Umcorps to call only the lipless format "1U" and to call it only "1U" with no clarifying adjective.
Citizen Klaus
mskala wrote:
Citizen Klaus wrote:

If you want to call them both 1U, that's great, but it has nothing to do with my point, which is very specifically about the proposal from Umcorps to call only the lipless format "1U" and to call it only "1U" with no clarifying adjective.

Ah. I agree, it makes no sense to call only one format "1U," with no adjective attached. Thanks for clarifying.

Personally, I'm leaning towards "Schroff 1U" and "Vector 1U," to clarify the type of rails used, but "lipped 1U" and "lipless 1U" would accomplish the same thing.
dumbledog
Pulp Tiles and Jelly Squares.
Diabolik!
can we maybe talk about the actual modules in this thread? this debate over the differences in format isn't going anywhere, and it's already happening in multiple threads. Intellijel made their own judgement call, offered their (valid) reasons for doing so, and it's not changing, so why keep discussing it?

i think i'm going to need a couple of the quadratts. would be nice if there was a way to link the two with a ribbon cable to expand to an 8 channel mixer.
modernage
Diabolik! wrote:
can we maybe talk about the actual modules in this thread? this debate over the differences in format isn't going anywhere, and it's already happening in multiple threads. Intellijel made their own judgement call, offered their (valid) reasons for doing so, and it's not changing, so why keep discussing it?

i think i'm going to need a couple of the quadratts. would be nice if there was a way to link the two with a ribbon cable to expand to an 8 channel mixer.

Yeah, I'm very interested in knowing more about all the proposed modules, and pricing/release date for the 1u modules and 7u case. I've been holding off buying another case, and since the NAMM reveal the Intellijel lineup has a slight lead in the race for my money. The affordability of the 1u modules will probably be the deciding factor over whether I will be buying one of their cases.
Jazzmarazz
Is that 36.65mm dimension correct? The full height of a lipped 1U module is 39.65, but they claim the space between the edge and drill is 3mm. This would mean that the dimension between drill-to-drill should be 33.65mm, not 36.65mm.

Hese my comparison.

DSC
Jazzmarazz wrote:
Is that 36.65mm dimension correct? The full height of a lipped 1U module is 39.65, but they claim the space between the edge and drill is 3mm. This would mean that the dimension between drill-to-drill should be 33.65mm, not 36.65mm.

Hese my comparison.

This is interesting.
Jazzmarazz
Here is the design of a universal Intellijel faceplate. This will fit both a lipped rail and vector rail.

The faceplate matches exactly the dimensions suggested by Intellijel, but the drills themselves are cut-out to the nearest edges.

I suppose user modifications could pretty easily be made for these modules to fit a vector rail.

AS mentioned above, both standards are in fact 1U by their own means, for one reason or another. Not necessarily the same reasons. razz
intellijel
There was a typo on the diagram (updated on our site).

hole to hole of the 1U is 33.65mm (not 36.65mm)

[/img]
Trebbers
Info on the 1u modules is up on Intellijel's site. Some have pricing. The first thing that stood out to me is [edit: something I was wrong about!] but is normalled to let you do submixes, which seems like a pretty good tradeoff. Nothing on the cases to put them in though.
intellijel
Trebbers wrote:
The first thing that stood out to me is that the Quadatt won't work an offset generator like the Triatt,

It can do offset generation too.

The differences from the triatt:
triatt has 3 modes for each channel (negative, positive, bipolar)
while Quadratt has two (positive, bipolar)

Triatt sums at output 3 (normals to the sum broken if you patch out of a discrete output).

Triatt has headers on the back to select normalling of +5V or +10V to each input while Quadratt is fixed at +5V.

Quadratt sums via adjacent normalling. e.g. output 2 is the sum of out1 and out 2. out 3 is the sum of out 2 and out 3 and so forth.
So if nothing is patched into the discrete outputs then out 4 would effectively be a sum of all 4 channels. If you patched out of out 2 and out 4 then out 2 = sum of 1+2 and out 4 = sum of 3 + 4 which means you get two seperate sub mixes.

If you want to do offsets you use a pair of channels and only one input. The input that is left unpatched will have the 5V normal and then you can set it to be either 0-5V or -5 to +5V with the mode switch. This voltage will be summed with the adjacent channels output to create the offset to an external signal for example.
le_palace
Jazzmarazz wrote:
Here is the design of a universal Intellijel faceplate. This will fit both a lipped rail and vector rail.

very good idea, interesting indeed
Trebbers
intellijel wrote:
Trebbers wrote:
The first thing that stood out to me is that the Quadatt won't work an offset generator like the Triatt,

It can do offset generation too.

My bad! That is good news. I'll edit the post, accordingly.
jenz
When the Quadratt will be available via intellijel's site?
Roy72
Any possibility of an intellijel 1u headphone tile? To me it seems to be the utility missing from the first release collection.
le_palace
Roy72 wrote:
Any possibility of an intellijel 1u headphone tile? To me it seems to be the utility missing from the first release collection.

+1 only thing missing from output
rimbod
intellijel wrote:
Quadratt sums via adjacent normalling. e.g. output 2 is the sum of out1 and out 2. out 3 is the sum of out 2 and out 3 and so forth.
So if nothing is patched into the discrete outputs then out 4 would effectively be a sum of all 4 channels. If you patched out of out 2 and out 4 then out 2 = sum of 1+2 and out 4 = sum of 3 + 4 which means you get two seperate sub mixes.

Wooooooow... woah That's really interesting...

Any chance the quadratt will ever be available in 3U?
taylor12k
+2 on headphone output!
xonetacular
quadratt looks cool. I know it can mix audio too as long as you turn down unused channels to not add dc offset like triatt but is there going to be a more audio focused 1u mixer too? that would be cool.
Grom
how about making a bigger I/O or an expansion? 6 tracks would be great to pull your modular jams apart and rearrange them in a daw.

Imo this would be a perfect 1U module, keeping the fluff out of your 3U space
slumberjack
how is it with vermona 1u, do they fit into intellijel cases?
iirussell
slumberjack wrote:

I don't think so. Vermona 1u tiles look to be 43mm high. At least that's what it says on the Schneidersladen website.
string56
iirussell wrote:
slumberjack wrote:

I don't think so. Vermona 1u tiles look to be 43mm high. At least that's what it says on the Schneidersladen website.

OK, thanks for that info. However, will the Intellijel modules fit into the Vermona case? Earlier it was mentioned that they would fit rows with or without a lip, so although standard tiles won't fit Intellijel's 1U format, perhaps the latter will work in the (lipped) Vermona?
iirussell
string56 wrote:

OK, thanks for that info. However, will the Intellijel modules fit into the Vermona case? Earlier it was mentioned that they would fit rows with or without a lip, so although standard tiles won't fit Intellijel's 1U format, perhaps the latter will work in the (lipped) Vermona?

It looks like the Vermona are 43mm tall, and the Intellijel are 39.65mm tall. So although there's technically enough room to fit the Intellijel 1u in a 43mm case, the position of the holes would be wrong, so you wouldnt be able to mount them in the Vermona case without making a new panel for them.

I've not seen either in person, but this looks to be the case from the specs online. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
slumberjack
iirussell wrote:
slumberjack wrote:

THX
widgetoz
solitud wrote:

Intellijel 1U and Pulp Logic 1U?
Lipless 1U and lipped 1U?

I understand the problem but this is a mess!
Users won't understand this and will be left disappointed. And I already regret that we tried to support 1U format on ModularGrid.

ModularGrid lets you drop all quirky mixed 1Us in a row and suggest that they all will fit.
But they won't. :waah:

Am I missing something ...
the Intellijel ones are what woudlbe recognised as true EuroRack while the Erthenvar ones fall under the FracRack format.
i.e. FracRack uses the full height of the 3U space while EuroRack uses a reduced (~5mm) height.
I am calling them 1UF (1U FracRack) and 1UE (1U EuroRack). The 1UF use lipless rails while the 1UE use lipped rails. We support and supply Side Panels and Rails to suit BOTH formats.
BOTH formats will fit in to a 1U space.
Effie
Bought a 1u quadratt and passive mult to put in the 1U space in my synthrotek case. Already had some pulplogic stuff in there (which I love!). Here's a photo to show the size difference: http://i.imgur.com/a6BxhUc.jpg
autopoiesis
@Effie, how are those Intellijel tiles holding up in your "1UF"-sized tile row when you stick cables in and out of them?
DSC
Looks like some conversion panels would be necessary.
Effie
autopoiesis wrote:
@Effie, how are those Intellijel tiles holding up in your "1UF"-sized tile row when you stick cables in and out of them?

Haven't had too much time with them but they feel sturdy enough. I don't see any problems arising due to only screwing the top in. Having two different 1U module sizes is not as aesthetically pleasing, but I don't mind.
nicdro
Why is the 1u mult passive? for me the 1u utilities are to save space. a buffered mult would make so much more sense...
geremyf
What happened to those cool 1u black PCB blank panels that were on the pictures of the original cases? I'd really like a little Intellijel robot one! That looked so cool.
widgetoz
nicdro wrote:
Why is the 1u mult passive? for me the 1u utilities are to save space. a buffered mult would make so much more sense...

Because it is cheap and for many task you just need to 'stack patches'. They use stackable patchleads extensively in Serge land and don't need a buffered mult for that.
Buffered mults come in more useful when patching critical voltages like 1V/Octave stuff or if you need to make a 1-in/50-out (exaggerated!!!) patch. Passives are all-way whereas buffered is one so with a passive you can plug in to any of the grouped jacks and get the desired results whereas with buffered there is an IN and there are OUTS. Also remember that you shouldn't plug multiple outputs together with either type with out first using some form of mixer
nicdro
widgetoz wrote:
nicdro wrote:

Because it is cheap and for many task you just need to 'stack patches'. They use stackable patchleads extensively in Serge land and don't need a buffered mult for that.
Buffered mults come in more useful when patching critical voltages like 1V/Octave stuff or if you need to make a 1-in/50-out (exaggerated!!!) patch. Passives are all-way whereas buffered is one so with a passive you can plug in to any of the grouped jacks and get the desired results whereas with buffered there is an IN and there are OUTS. Also remember that you shouldn't plug multiple outputs together with either type with out first using some form of mixer

yes i do know that. but as for this i need a buffered one. all other 1u tiles do draw current so why not making a buffered mult too...
widgetoz
nicdro wrote:
widgetoz wrote:
nicdro wrote:

yes i do know that. but as for this i need a buffered one. all other 1u tiles do draw current so why not making a buffered mult too...

http://www.schneidersladen.de/en/vermona-tile-buffmultinverter.html
nicdro
widgetoz wrote:
nicdro wrote:
widgetoz wrote:
nicdro wrote:

http://www.schneidersladen.de/en/vermona-tile-buffmultinverter.html

Thank you but it would not fit into the new cases by intellijel confused
restless1
Anyone know if the Intellijel 1Us fit with the Clicks & Clocks rails?

I have 2 custom 4Us for my portable case just begging for these...

http://clicksclocks.de/888
pulpum
restless1 wrote:

excellent question!
Felnyrii
dumbledog wrote:
Pulp Tiles and Jelly Squares.

MY ASS IS BLEEDING
CeeJay
pulpum wrote:
restless1 wrote:

excellent question!

I think, the discription of the Clicks & Clocks 4U frames is quite clear. There is even a link to erthenvars 1U specs.
They use lipped rails but with the inner height of erthenvar/pulplogic tiles.
This makes their whole 4U frame actually bigger than 4U.

The Intellijel 1Us will fit, but leave a gap and you can screw them only to one rail.
fubsan
Quote:
the Intellijel ones are what woudlbe recognised as true EuroRack while the Erthenvar ones fall under the FracRack format.
i.e. FracRack uses the full height of the 3U space while EuroRack uses a reduced (~5mm) height.
I am calling them 1UF (1U FracRack) and 1UE (1U EuroRack). The 1UF use lipless rails while the 1UE use lipped rails. We support and supply Side Panels and Rails to suit BOTH formats.
BOTH formats will fit in to a 1U space.

Best description yet, thanks. I've chosen to go with the 1u Eurorack format (Intellijel) in my upcoming case.
handsomepanther
Just thought i'd pop in on this thread and post this image I came across on the DIY cases thread which really helps to visualize the intellijel tiles if they are mounted in the more common lunchbox erthenvar/synthrotek/pulp logic spec.

Looks like they can fit, just not the prettiest thing, (that little gap would drive me insane)

Picture from Gonkulator

infovore
Well, you can always make a new frontpanel for them which would solve that problem...
widgetoz
infovore wrote:
Well, you can always make a new frontpanel for them which would solve that problem...

Re panelling 1UE to 1UF is not an issue but going from 1UF to 1UE will usually have the problem that the modules pcb maybe to big to go between the rails in a 1UE system
autopoiesis
infovore wrote:

There's a thread on this topic in case you're curious: https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=155980&highlight=
auxren
Anyone know if the audio I/O module can handle instrument inputs? Looking to use it to throw my guitar signal into the case to process then back out to a guitar amp.
restless1
CeeJay wrote:
pulpum wrote:
restless1 wrote:

excellent question!

I think, the discription of the Clicks & Clocks 4U frames is quite clear. There is even a link to erthenvars 1U specs.
They use lipped rails but with the inner height of erthenvar/pulplogic tiles.
This makes their whole 4U frame actually bigger than 4U.

The Intellijel 1Us will fit, but leave a gap and you can screw them only to one rail.

Ahh I see. I think I'm gonna pick up a few and see if I can work an easy solution.

And that pic really helps too, handsomepanther!
TrondC
Time to announce the new format: 2 2/3 U! Specifically designed so you can have three rows of a total of 7U!

Oh, and VariU (tm) format built out of living wood so that your modules will vary in size over time.

Jokes aside tho, not being able to fit Erthenvar or Pulplogic tiles in a Intellijel 4U case is a dealbreaker for me....
$XxxxX$
rimbod wrote:
intellijel wrote:

Wooooooow... woah That's really interesting...

Any chance the quadratt will ever be available in 3U?

Very much i like. Space saver.
$XxxxX$
Roy72 wrote:

Yes this indeed would be useful.
StevelandCleaner
$XxxxX$ wrote:
Roy72 wrote:

Yes this indeed would be useful.

+1 for this I have a gig coming up soon and it would be a fantastic addition
noisejockey
Odd question just came to mind: Would an Intellijel tile fit into the 1U row in the Make Noise Shared System?

(I love my Intelljel 7U case, fwiw. Quadratt rocks. µMIDI and audio I/O tiles that pass the rear connectors to the front panel are awesome. I've got two USB tiles that power a light and a Sound Devices USBPre2 for limiting and headphone I/O. Supremely happy with the build, power, tiles. Just want more tile module options!)
hermbot
I don’t know if there have been any developments on this front, but I have mounted 1U rack rails in the bottom portion of my IKEA Rast Rack. I’d like to load it up with Intellijel modules only. What’s the easiest way to get those set up? I’d prefer to use Z-rails.

If I bought the tiptop z-rails I would just need some bracket to hold them and mount them to the rack rails, yes? Does anyone sell brackets like that or will I have to go DIY?
bc3
hermbot wrote:
I don’t know if there have been any developments on this front, but I have mounted 1U rack rails in the bottom portion of my IKEA Rast Rack. I’d like to load it up with Intellijel modules only. What’s the easiest way to get those set up? I’d prefer to use Z-rails.

If I bought the tiptop z-rails I would just need some bracket to hold them and mount them to the rack rails, yes? Does anyone sell brackets like that or will I have to go DIY?

Go DIY for sure, I did. Go pick up some 1" aluminium (1/8") and its not too bad to make your own side brackets. Intellijel has the exact measurements listed on their website. Also, a drill press is helpful in the process.
hermbot
Thanks. Somehow I missed the diagrams on the Intellijel site, but now I see them. I do have a drill press and someone at work can bend the brackets for me to a nice radius, so I'll just fab up my own.
ethnotronics
Any news on if and when new 1U modules are going to be released?
I look forward to having more options to fill the rows of my two 7U cases Guinness ftw!
Hovercraft
ethnotronics wrote:
Any news on if and when new 1U modules are going to be released?
I look forward to having more options to fill the rows of my two 7U cases Guinness ftw!

Recently bought two of the Intellijel 7U performance cases and I'm wondering the same thing. Intellijel hinted at all sorts of 1U modules, including a sequencer, but it's nearly a year later and they don't even offer a buffered mult. Don't see much of a commitment to their own format. seriously, i just don't get it
kisielk
There's a bunch of new ones (including buffered mult) that will be coming soon. Enough that I've lost track of how many there are smile
Hovercraft
kisielk wrote:
There's a bunch of new ones (including buffered mult) that will be coming soon. Enough that I've lost track of how many there are smile

Yes!--thanks for the update. w00t
indexofmetals
kisielk - by soon do you mean before Christmas?
bobbcorr
It's getting awfully close to Christmas. . .I hope Santa has some 1U(I) tiles in his bag for me.
dc_Sux
Would be very happy if they also released the previously mooted neoprene sleeves for the cases. Would be nice to have something to wrap my 4u 104hp in.
Happiness Forever
I too would really like to know more about these coming 1Us.
pinkflag16
Anyone try driving headphones with the Audio I/O 1U? I'm probably going to get a 4u skiff, and would love to free up some space by replacing my Rosie, but direct headphone out is a must. I'm using AKG Q701s. Thanks.
kisielk
pinkflag16 wrote:
Anyone try driving headphones with the Audio I/O 1U? I'm probably going to get a 4u skiff, and would love to free up some space by replacing my Rosie, but direct headphone out is a must. I'm using AKG Q701s. Thanks.

There is a headphone out module coming soon smile
Hovercraft
kisielk wrote:

It would be great to get a list of the new1U modules and a rough availability date. Thanks.
kisielk
It's hard to provide date estimates since it depends on several different manufacturers and their timelines (panels, PCBs, component assembly) and then our own assembly. The designs are done though...
Hovercraft
kisielk wrote:
It's hard to provide date estimates since it depends on several different manufacturers and their timelines (panels, PCBs, component assembly) and then our own assembly. The designs are done though...

Fair enough, but can you list the modules definitely slated for production?
kisielk
Headphone + buff mult + a few surprises smile
MindKind
I tried with the Line out 1u the other day and it sounded fine to me.

pinkflag16 wrote:
pinkflag16
MindKind wrote:
I tried with the Line out 1u the other day and it sounded fine to me.

pinkflag16 wrote:

Thanks!
pinkflag16
kisielk wrote:
pinkflag16 wrote:

Very cool! Thanks.

I second the request for a list of new stuff smile. It would be really nice if you could link skiffs together into an angled case too. Just saying... Rockin' Banana!
absolve
pinkflag16 wrote:
I second the request for a list of new stuff smile. It would be really nice if you could link skiffs together into an angled case too. Just saying... Rockin' Banana!

Intellijel posted a picture of prototype linking plates to make angled cases with the skiffs on their Instagram a month or two back.
pinkflag16
absolve wrote:
pinkflag16 wrote:

Intellijel posted a picture of prototype linking plates to make angled cases with the skiffs on their Instagram a month or two back.

Very nice! Just looked that up. I wonder if the power can be chained?
kisielk
I couldn't find the thread about the 4U cases themselves, so this is probably as good as place as any to announce that we now have the 4U joiner plates available for sale on our website:

https://intellijel.com/product/4u-case-joiner-plates/
pinkflag16
kisielk wrote:
I couldn't find the thread about the 4U cases themselves, so this is probably as good as place as any to announce that we now have the 4U joiner plates available for sale on our website:

Very nice! Can the power be chained?
kisielk
pinkflag16 wrote:
kisielk wrote:

Very nice! Can the power be chained?

We don't have a way to do that at the moment, but it's definitely possible to power multiple bus boards from the same power brick, you'd just need some kind of splitter cable.
freqout
Does anyone know if the 1u USB Power tile can power a Beatstep Pro?
scrunday
kisielk wrote:

Sweet! Now I can get another case w00t
grep
freqout wrote:

Should be fine.

The Beatstep pro power supply specifications are:

AC/DC Adaptor(5V DC 500mA)
Center Positive
5,5mm X 2,1mm X 12mm

Which has to be provided through a Micro USB socket.

So it can be powered by:

A computer
A mobile phone charger (fast charge too)

USB Power 1U
USB socket for charging/powering peripheral devices.
This tiny but handy module connects the USB A connector to the +5V bus on the Intellijel TPS series powered busboards. Allowing 1A or more of current to be supplied to USB devices such as lamps, phone chargers, and usb powered musical devices.
anosou
freqout wrote:

Just tried this the other day, worked perfectly. smile
nashsnazzy
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'll give it a go. I received a Intellijel Quadratt for Christmas. I have a few other Pulp Logic and Synthrotek 1u tiles. Can I get a different face plate made for the Quadratt so it then fits Synthrotek cases? If so, can someone recommend someone to do that?
WIZARDISHUNGRY
Are there any 3rd party intellijel-compatible tiles?
DSC
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi hihi
exper
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

Actually yes, meng qi has one coming...
billyk419
nashsnazzy wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place for this question but I'll give it a go. I received a Intellijel Quadratt for Christmas. I have a few other Pulp Logic and Synthrotek 1u tiles. Can I get a different face plate made for the Quadratt so it then fits Synthrotek cases? If so, can someone recommend someone to do that?

It will fit, but you'll only be able to use two of the screw holes (top or bottom). I had a Quadratt and mult in my Synthrotek 7U case for a while without any problems.

The opposite is not true however. Synthrotek/PL tiles are bigger (vertically) than Intellijel tiles and will not fit.
novotnik
Quote:

my brother made me a pulplogic compatible faceplate for my quadratt. if you have access to a cnc controlled lasercutter and some aluminum plates its not too difficult...
Kent
exper wrote:
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

Which ones? Where has this been mentioned before? fap fap fap...
absolve
exper wrote:
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

Yeah, look at that. It looks like it may fit both pulplogic and intillijel 1u spaces.

edit:

https://www.mengqimusic.com/seashore/

Check his Facebook for a picture of it in an intellijel case.
Kent
Sweet!
Jinx
1u external input with integrated envelope follower in Intellijel 1u format Would be nice. Great in combination with shapeshifter?
By the way, there is an env follower Intellijel module listed as prototype on modulargrid, Will this module ever get in production

Is there a way of converting Pulp logic 1u's to the Intellijel standards? Is it just the faceplate or do they have different power specs?
euromorcego
Jinx wrote:

Is there a way of converting Pulp logic 1u's to the Intellijel standards? Is it just the faceplate or do they have different power specs?

good morning and welcome to the topic! There are only about 1000 posts on this issue, not all of them are a pleasure to read.
In short: No, you cannot convert, because the distance between rails in the Intellijel cases is less, just 2-3mm, but sufficient so that PulpLogic tiles will not fit.

The other way round is ok, though, the slimmer intellijel modules will fit in PulpLogic 1U cases, only the faceplate will be a bit too small (so best is to replace the faceplate).
KNYST
absolve wrote:
exper wrote:
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

Yeah, look at that. It looks like it may fit both pulplogic and intillijel 1u spaces.

edit:

https://www.mengqimusic.com/seashore/

Check his Facebook for a picture of it in an intellijel case.

AFAIK, it's been discontinued. :(
Slomen
You can buy it here: https://www.etsy.com/no-en/listing/458526502/please-exist-quad-transfo rmer-io?ref=shop_home_active_3
kisielk
Four new 1U modules are now shipping:

* Headphones 1U - https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/headphones-1u/
* Noise Random Tools 1U - https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/noise-random-tools-1u/
* Buff Mult 1U - https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/buff-mult-1u/
* Digiverb 1U - https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/digiverb-1u/
Jamnuska
Has anybody done a standalone box for just 1U tiles?

If so pics?

Was thinking of a row mounted on top of my existing cabinet but not sure if that would work?
Trebbers
Jamnuska wrote:
Has anybody done a standalone box for just 1U tiles?

If so pics?

Was thinking of a row mounted on top of my existing cabinet but not sure if that would work?

I like the idea of having a moveable set of 1U utilities, but it'd pretty expensive to get started with one. You'd need rails, a busboard, power entry tile, and an enclosure, for what would be an exceedingly small number of modules.
Tumulishroomaroom
Anybody knows where to find the new 1U utilities in Europe ? Maybe they haven't hit the stores yet ? I just got the 7U case and the whole set looks incredibly useful.
asteraster
Just want to throw some praise in here for the I/O 1U module.
I've been using the Pittsburgh In/Out, but suspected it might be noisy or distorting the output. Last night I ran the output of the Mother-32 into the Pitts and the Intellijel and compared side by side. The Pittsburgh actually sounded better than I previously thought, but the Intellijel was noticeably cleaner and output the entire range of the sound. I noticed the Pitts wasn't outputting some range of frequencies - it sounded dampened, somewhat. Maybe some folks might like that for a 'warmer' sound, but the Intellijel sounded like a revelation to me.
Eagleclaw
WIZARDISHUNGRY wrote:

There will be soon!
noisejockey
kisielk wrote:
Four new 1U modules are now shipping:

* Headphones 1U - https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/headphones-1u/
* Noise Random Tools 1U - https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/noise-random-tools-1u/
* Buff Mult 1U - https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/buff-mult-1u/
* Digiverb 1U - https://intellijel.com/eurorack-modules/digiverb-1u/

You made my year with just the first two alone! thumbs up
bobbcorr
Has anyone crafted 84HP 1U rails with ears that adhere to the Intellijel standard?
hermbot
I made my own, or rather had one of the machinists at work help me. He cut and bent the aluminum and then I drilled and painted them.

Tumulishroomaroom
Anyone here tried the Noise Tools ? I have juste ordered one, seems like a great set of utilities in a small package. Still waiting on the headphone amp to appear anywhere near me though.
nearly ghost
Any chance that (single channel) quadra style EG's and springray can become tiles? Also I think some pressure pad tiles would be great!
Tumulishroomaroom
nearly ghost wrote:
Any chance that quadra and springray can become tiles? Also I think some pressure pad tiles would be great!

It's not quite the same but the Digiverb that just came out might cover some of that ground.

A bit crusher in 1U would be great too !
intellijel
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
nearly ghost wrote:
Any chance that quadra and springray can become tiles? Also I think some pressure pad tiles would be great!

It's not quite the same but the Digiverb that just came out might cover some of that ground.

Our next 1U module will be another handy one (more details soon) but after that I am open to suggestions.

We have considered a lot of possibilities including mini sequencers, performance tools, simple fx.

The best is to make things that take advantage of being oriented horizontally or offer some absolutely essential utility function.
jwm
would be interested to hear peoples impressions of the digiverb..haven't seen much in the way of audio examples. guessing its similar to whats used on the music thing spring?

and now that i'm thinking about it, does the module come with a brick? or is that sold separately?
hermbot
intellijel wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
nearly ghost wrote:

Our next 1U module will be another handy one (more details soon) but after that I am open to suggestions.

We have considered a lot of possibilities including mini sequencers, performance tools, simple fx.

The best is to make things that take advantage of being oriented horizontally or offer some absolutely essential utility function.

A ribbon (or dual ribbon) controller would fit well horizontally, or a no-frills joystick control.
intellijel wrote:

Intellijel Intellijel Intellijel srsly never Intellijel Intellijel Intellijel

Eh?
Jehos
Might take up a fair bit of space, but the uScale panel would look great sideways, like real piano keys.

Triatt is a super useful module that could go at the top of a rack. Actually, something you guys don't have (that I'm aware of) is an attenuverting VCA, like MI Blinds. 2-4 of those in 1U would be cool.

Shifty 1U to go with uMIDI 1U.

Related, can we please have Noise Random Tools in a regular 3U format? I'd pay for a uRandom. It seems like most random/noise modules are either 4hp and barebones or 10hp+. There's got to be an opportunity there to hit a sweet spot at 6hp with noise + s&h + (colored noise? quantization? woggles? slew?) that isn't on the market right now. How small can you make a Source of Uncertainty? smile
mapmap
A 4ch vca/mixer
Simple LFO
Clock w/ built in clock divisions (bonus points for adding swing)
uscale
MATSmile
Simple 4-6 step sequencer with possibility to mute, slide, transpose steps. Also logic modules or one big module with different logic options.
taylor12k
sd card sample player with pitch knob.
MvK
I'd love a 1U mixer.

Every channel is a small, physically seperated VCA, connected at the back to provide chained mixing like the Quadratt (output not plugged in = add to the next channel). Connections at the back can be long so they don't have to sit next to each other. A single channel module would be a normal VCA which is also attractive and could be done in 6-8hp without a poti like many VCAs. 3 Jacks and one LED. Version with attenuation (trimpot?) 8-10hp. Version with only attenuation: 6-8hp

Buying a single channel makes sense and is small. You get an Intellijel quality VCA. Having 4 evenly placed in one row gives you a chained VCA-mixer with an output at the rightmost channel.

Later the system can be expanded by connecting the internal outputs of the channels to a master module (1U or 3U) to add attenuation, stereopanning and an auxbus. Also grouping is possible by chaining some channels and connecting the rightmost channel to the master module.

:-)
ah yes, what about a 1U 8step Seq. (stackable to 16-24-32 steps) with a row of trimpots and a row of chasing-light buttons and no jacks (again with a 3U master module)

generally I like the idea of having 1U satellite modules and 3U master modules.
nearly ghost
intellijel wrote:
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
nearly ghost wrote:

Sounds interesting got me curious now hmmm.....

I agree performance tools would be excellent. I'd love some touch/pressure controllers. u scale is also a good suggestion.

My inspiration for wanting a springray 1 was the monome isms case, i liked the fact it had LPG's simple LFO, mixer and spring reverb built in.

At the moment i just have quadratt and headphone out installed so im interested in whats to come for this format.
reppiks
I'd like a stereo crossfader module in 1U: 2 jack inputs on the left, 2 outputs on the right, DJ-style fader across the middle.
nearly ghost
reppiks wrote:
I'd like a stereo crossfader module in 1U: 2 jack inputs on the left, 2 outputs on the right, DJ-style fader across the middle.

This is exactly what i need for my system too, 2 stereo channel dj style mixer with cross fader. I would even buy a regular size module like this.
Varthdader
1u 84hp sequencer.

And why not, a 84 and 104 8u case with a top and bottom 1u row.

I run out of 1u space quite fast if I want to integrate the cases' in and out plus midi ports.
wavecircle
Any word on anywhere you can buy the Intellijel rails?
Trebbers
I used Tiptop rails in my DIY case and it handles the Intellijel 1U modules I have just fine.
loydb
I would love to see a quad VCA in the same layout/footprint as the quad attenuverter.
mapmap
loydb wrote:
I would love to see a quad VCA in the same layout/footprint as the quad attenuverter.

Ditto!
kisielk
mapmap wrote:
loydb wrote:

Ditto!

That's physically impossible wink a VCA needs three jacks per channel..
Trebbers
Suggestion: A simple-ish quantizer, with the option to slave additional units.
Trebbers
Also,

3-input AND/OR/XOR logic, plus inverter.

Tiny/simple SD recorder. Thinking a stereo input pair, headphone jack, SD card slot, and single button (single press plays last recorded track/stops, long press starts recording). Basically a no-hassle sketchbook that's always in your rack.
Tumulishroomaroom
Same here for logic and a simple quantizer, that would be nice (although my 1u row is full already...)

BTW the Noise Tool gets used in every patch, it's really really handy. Thanks !
mateo
A horizontal quantizer and/or mini keyboard and/or step sequencer would be very handy. The horizontal format would be much more ergonomic than the existing vertical ones!
hawkfuzz
Info found
wiggler81929
I'd like to see a monome/mannequins-style switchable lpg/vca/gate, as well as a triangle and square LFO. Basically, some of the utilities from the -isms 1U panel.
Tumulishroomaroom
Also apart from a quantizer a pico drum equivalent in 1u would be pretty damn cool.
maltemark
I've got the noise random tools 1u now, and it's perfect for me.

What I'd like to see
- Something like aspects of the wmd/ssf tool-box
- Something similar to nonlinear triple sloth
- Something like the ladik U40 min/max with split level
- Probability skipper like the ladik S090 or West Oakland Systems skipmin
- Quad slew?
Infinity Curve
Since we're making requests:

Logic block with a clock divider with individual outs, AND, OR, XOR sections and a couple inverters.

Loving the noise tools as well, and the digitank is surprisingly quite good. Sounds much better than I expected and well useable.
rew_
A single (hopefully expanded) generator from the quadra
Infinity Curve
What's the power draw on the Digitank and Noise Tools? I'm approaching my upper limit on power, but these don't note power consumption on modular grid, so just want to ensure they aren't using more than I'm expecting
oscillateur
Does anyone have sound samples/a video of the digitank (or digiverb, which name is it really, actually...) ? I couldn't find any smile.
jwm
oscillateur wrote:
Does anyone have sound samples/a video of the digitank (or digiverb, which name is it really, actually...) ? I couldn't find any smile.

just picked one up the other day - racked it, but haven't had a chance to patch it yet. will post a clip when i have a chance.
jwm
as promised

[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/318722240" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

tried to have a little bit of drone with some percussive aspects as well.

sound source is a little random progression from the e350 into rings in formant mode, then swirled around in the morphagene with the digiverb in rosie's efx loop. starts dry, then about 50% wet, with about 20% decay...then about 50% decay and 75% wet...introduces some nice lo-fi tape-ish saturation, which is kinda nice (at least for me/in my system, and for what i do..don't mind a little bit of hiss)
oscillateur
Cool, thanks. That sounds pretty nice, I'm probably going to get one soon smile.
Imaginaire
intellijel wrote:

I'm really curious about the new 1U module(s?)!
I have your 4U 84HP case with Audio I/O + Jacks installed. I'm now having difficulties finding the right combination of 1U modules to fill up the whole row, so I would be happy with some new 1U modules that are <10 HP wide. I was also thinking about performance tools (maybe something like the Pulplogic FSR or maybe a tiny cute joystick? hihi ). A simple (but good sounding) ring mod would also be cool IMO.

BTW, having lots of fun with your modules, thanks!

Seppe
kbithecrowing
Thank you for those reverb clips jwm This is fun!

I have the idea that using two 1u headphone modules would be a simple and easy way to convert modular level signals into two stereo / four mono line level outputs to throw into an external multitrack recorder or mixer. Would it really be that easy or is there something I'm missing?
Purveyor2
Please make a lpg in 1U, something simple like an LxD would be awesome in my intellijel cases.
Jesse8n
Purveyor2 wrote:
Please make a lpg in 1U, something simple like an LxD would be awesome in my intellijel cases.

That would be wonderful.

I am in the planning stages o f a 2u utility skiff. Struggling with the idea of making on row of 1u intellijel and the other row pulp logic etc size, or just making both rows intellijel size. I am more drawn to what intellijel is doing in 1u but there are some logic tiles and the synthrotek ribbon tile that I would like to have as well. I am not super picky but I also don't want to have to use large washers to lock down the bottom end of the intellijel tiles if I make the second row the other size. Of course intellijel could fix the dilemma by just making more 1u tiles I am into.
rew_
Purveyor2 wrote:

thirded. one half of an optomix equivalent in 1u would be **chef kiss**
chapelier fou
Just to be sure (and sorry because it must have been asked many times) :
is there a way to use my Pulplogic tiles in an Intellijel case ?
kisielk
chapelier fou wrote:

Assuming the PCB can fit between the rails, you need a shorter faceplate, and then some kind of power adapter. I'm not sure if anyone has actually done it or not.
chapelier fou
kisielk wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:

Assuming the PCB can fit between the rails, you need a shorter faceplate, and then some kind of power adapter. I'm not sure if anyone has actually done it or not.

And if i remove the rails and replace them with 'unlipped' rails ?
kisielk
chapelier fou wrote:
kisielk wrote:
chapelier fou wrote:

And if i remove the rails and replace them with 'unlipped' rails ?

We use custom dual rails for the in-between sections, so you'd be in serious case mod territory at that point.
chapelier fou
That's really too bad.
I tried my best, but i'd rather take the time to build a case from scratch. Thanks for answering !
kisielk
chapelier fou wrote:
That's really too bad.
I tried my best, but i'd rather take the time to build a case from scratch. Thanks for answering !

If you're really set on using a bunch of Pulplogic tiles, that's probably a better option.
chapelier fou
It's just that the offer is so great, and i already bought so many of them...
lud
Hope some more tiles are coming soon, be great to have a small function generator, logic and VCAs. Not asking for too much am I?!
mrerdat
For my custom 10U case, I just bought a pair of Synthrotek rack ears for my Intellijel 1U row being held by Tiptop Z-rails and surprisingly didn't have to modify the rack ears too much from stock.

The side mounting holes are pretty much in the right place but might need about 1/16"-1/8" slightly more clearance on either the top or bottom hole for both the M4 screws to come in straight. Easy enough to DIY if you have a drill.

This might be the cheapest option for rack ears unless you have a friend with access to a metal shop AFIAK.
etch
Any word on a new batch of 1u modules? Looking forward to it.. w00t
lud
I noticed there's a line in tile available now on Modular Grid. Useful but not looking for one at the moment
lud
Might just fill up the rowing quadratts, really cool 1U module
lud
Row with quadratts I meant
Phase47
Is there a way to externally clock Noise Tools?
kbithecrowing
If you mean to clock the s+h circuit, there is a trigger input for that. The internal pulse is normal to it with nothing in the input jack. It's a really smart design being able to use everything all together via the normalizations or as three individual circuits.
Phase47
kbithecrowing wrote:
If you mean to clock the s+h circuit, there is a trigger input for that. The internal pulse is normal to it with nothing in the input jack. It's a really smart design being able to use everything all together via the normalizations or as three individual circuits.

Cool - thanks. I was hoping that would be case!
hmurdoch
Just built a case with an intellijel 1u row and got a Quadratt. Main thing I want that they don't offer is a 1u vca (ideally dual). Anyone know if there are any plans for this? If not might try and squeeze in a pulp logic.
CF3
hmurdoch wrote:
Just built a case with an intellijel 1u row and got a Quadratt. Main thing I want that they don't offer is a 1u vca (ideally dual). Anyone know if there are any plans for this? If not might try and squeeze in a pulp logic.

There's a "wishlist" thread here for 1U Intellijel tiles.
https://forum.intellijel.com/t/1u-modules-wishlist/81/8

A VCA would definitely be a logically choice for a 1U new tile.
rean1mator
so are there 1u 19" rack/case thingies like the synthrotek one that will work with the intellijel 1u modules? What are my options?

I purchased a quadratt and then with out knowing purchased a synthrotek kit. and then sadlyl realized it's not a correct fit. it kinda works but....
mapmap
I’ve seen people screw them in on the top row and use washers on the bottom row to grip the edge of the faceplate
echopraxia
i would be stoked on a 4 voice poly USB/MIidi to CV module in the 1u format.
sytnax
Planned to use Synthrotek 1U Stereo Output module in Intellijel 7U case then found this thread sad banana

I hope Intellijel will release a similar 1U module in the near future. Their current line of output modules can't do stereo mixing and panning and lower my desire to get their 7U case, even though i really want to jump in.
SmokyClap
I’m surprised more companies aren’t going all out making new, cool 1U tile designs. Seems like here is a hole in the market waiting to be filled. Need more cases with 1U as well.
bandenoire
+1 for an envelope follower (dare I say a pitch tracker as well) in 1u format.
lud
Be good to see the Line In 1U module available from some UK sellers soon
filtermod
bandenoire wrote:
+1 for an envelope follower (dare I say a pitch tracker as well) in 1u format.
YES. Both in one unit. Take my money now.
Geaux
Envelope follower +pitch tracking would be a dream come true I've really wanted something like that for eurorack for awhile now as I'm very interested in controlling modular via voice
euromorcego
Geaux wrote:
Envelope follower +pitch tracking would be a dream come true I've really wanted something like that for eurorack for awhile now as I'm very interested in controlling modular via voice

Disting can do pitch tracking (and has an envelope follower): https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139370

disting is not 1U (you can mount it horizontally if needed) but i do not see much sense in having more specialized function 1u. Imho what works well in 3u should be 3u. 1u is perfect for utility and general plumbing.
Iridite
lud wrote:
Be good to see the Line In 1U module available from some UK sellers soon

I've got them on order just now at Signal Sounds, should be shipping next week all being well

cheers

Jason
Geaux
New pedal IN/OUT spotted at the end of this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LN37dK9s2MM&feature=youtu.be

unless I missed that this was new
sytnax
Would love to see something like Mixup in 1U format
PompeiiRuler
Mixup is what I'm waiting for too before I order any others. Want to order multiplr Iu modules together to cut down on shipping.
uebl
sytnax wrote:

Yes, please!
Audiodog
Mixup or similar in 1u sounds v useful. I would buy
peripatitis
It would be nice to see some quality 1u modules from intellijel or others..
Noise tools is ok but nothing to write home about and the quadratt has been quite a disappointment for me and in any case none could possibly replace my 3u modules having similar tasks.

If it wasn't for the I/O module I would be very sceptical about the need for the 1u strip.
Diabolik!
what do you find disappointing about the quadratt?
peripatitis
Diabolik! wrote:
what do you find disappointing about the quadratt?

Well the attenuators do not close down completely in any channel, there is some offset voltage preventing that and basically renders a big chunk of the supposed functionality useless for me.
Hovercraft
peripatitis wrote:

Well the attenuators do not close down completely in any channel, there is some offset voltage preventing that and basically renders a big chunk of the supposed functionality useless for me.

I have four Quadratts, and they all close down completely. Suggest you contact Intellijel. To me, they're indispensible for sub mixes, attenuverting, and offsets.
peripatitis
Hovercraft wrote:
peripatitis wrote:

I have four Quadratts, and they all close down completely. Suggest you contact Intellijel. To me, they're indispensible for sub mixes, attenuverting, and offsets.

That's interesting thank you! If there are quadratts without an offset that is very good news.
Because in the "new intellijel cases" thread where I first mentioned it, there were other fellow wigglers that had noticed the offsets, but judging from the non-response this issue received by intellijel I was left with the impression that "it is what it is".
I'll contact them to see what can be done..
Tumulishroomaroom
I have one and it closes completely as well. I've used it as a mixer for a while before the Mixup came out and now it's back to attenuverting.
anosou
Tumulishroomaroom wrote:
I have one and it closes completely as well. I've used it as a mixer for a while before the Mixup came out and now it's back to attenuverting.

Same. Guinness ftw!
peripatitis
thumbs up guys for the input.
So I talked with Daniel and he was very fast to respond!
I will send him the module for repair as it seems it is faulty.
I might need a second one after all smile
propertyof
i'm planning to get an intellijel 7u case in the next few months. i never have any experience with 1u/tiles modules. i'm really interested with some of pulp logic tiles, but i heard that their tiles modules doesn't fit with intellijel 1u.

is there any way how to make it works?
pulp logic power cables seems different too, so do i need like an adaptor for its power cables?
Trebbers
More possible to kludge PL tiles into an Intellijel 1U row than vice versa. The PL panels are too large to fit within the lipped IJ rails.
RecycleYourPets
Trebbers wrote:
More possible to kludge PL tiles into an Intellijel 1U row than vice versa. The PL panels are too large to fit within the lipped IJ rails.

The space available for the PCB behind the rails is smaller on Intellijel 1u as well, which could cause issues aside from the panel size.
propertyof
I see. but how about power supply? from what i know PL tiles don't use regular 10/16 pins eurorack power ribbon? i might be wrong..

so other than that, is there a list of 1u manufacturers that could be fit & not fit/need modification to the intellijel's case 1u section?
muddy ranks
Maybe it's just me... But I really wish the I/O just had the headphone functionality built into it... Or that it was built into the case itself... That would be dope. meh
intellijel
muddy ranks wrote:
Maybe it's just me... But I really wish the I/O just had the headphone functionality built into it... Or that it was built into the case itself... That would be dope. meh

If the phones output were built into the case would you want it on the front or back? Where would the level control go?

We have considered splitting the audio i/o 1U module into two modules so that just the output + phones was one module and the stereo input was a seperate one. Both would possibly only have a single stereo control knob.
FrogStar
I’d like the headphone module to be an expander to the 1U io. It would connect via back of panel cable. Easy peasy. Now it consumes two stackables and I worry about signal loss.
Is buffering important in this situation? I output from the 7hp case outputs into a recorder and it seems I loose some amplitude when I mult the signal into the headphone module for monitoring.
muddy ranks
intellijel wrote:
If the phones output were built into the case would you want it on the front or back? Where would the level control go?

We have considered splitting the audio i/o 1U module into two modules so that just the output + phones was one module and the stereo input was a seperate one. Both would possibly only have a single stereo control knob.

I'm not sure where I'd prefer it at the moment. I guess I'd have to think about it... It seems like there's enough room on top next to the existing 1/4" ins & outs for a headphone jack and a level control. I imagine they would come as close to the handle as the midi jacks do on the opposite side.

Hadn't considered the option of splitting the ins from the outs but that sounds like it might be cool. Hope I don't come off as nitpicky or a comlpainer... Lots of output modules include headphone jacks, e.g. Pittsburgh/Lifeforms Outs, Rosie, Erica Black Outputs... Just seems kinda natural to me. I dunno.

And I actually like the idea of separate level controls for the headphones and output... I imagine that would be handy for those who might be performing at a space that maybe has a PA system but can't provide you with a monitor. Or it allows one to prep/practice their set while plugged into to house/PA.

Just my thoughts... I can't speak for other people. Maybe there are others who have good reasons in opposition. Thanks for being open to user opinions/input. I think that's really great! =]
Audiodog
I think you need to be careful adding too much ' fixed functionality' to the case. Obviously this will increase cost and in some instances (headphone output in particular) will duplicate functionality that most people already have via mixer modules etc.

I love the inputs and outputs (i have 2 104HP cases) but im not sure i want to see much more added to the case unless it was an optional extra.

As a separate request - is there any opportunity to provide case connectors that are hinged so that two connected cases can be 'closed' while patched together for easy transportation. Im not thinking about heavy duty transportation like flying or shipping the cases - more an easy way to pick up two connected cases, throw it in the car, and re-open the case at a gig without having to re-patch. A bit like the new Arturia cases can do?

Love the cases!

Brian
muddy ranks
Audiodog wrote:
I think you need to be careful adding too much ' fixed functionality' to the case. Obviously this will increase cost and in some instances (headphone output in particular) will duplicate functionality that most people already have via mixer modules etc.

Brian

Hi Brian!

Are mixer modules with headphone outputs common? Only one I know of off hand is the WMD Performance Mixer... (which would be too big for my 1-case rig plans) I can't do two cases. Can you hip me to some smaller options? I would be grateful!

Speaking for myself, having the headphone out included with the I/O 1U tile or on the case itself would be a simple fix that saves from having to mult the audio signal to go to both the line out and the headphone jack, which is what's required with the current intellijel 1U options. Easy enough to do, yeah, but I'd rather use a mult for something else. Just seems like an unnecessary step... And it would add to the versatility of the case, which is the whole point of designing it to include audio, usb, and midi connectivity in the first place.
apfEID
Anyone have details on the 1U scope module? Hp width? Price? ETA?
REVIVER
muddy ranks wrote:
Are mixer modules with headphone outputs common?

Just a few off the top of my head:

Circuit Abbey Unify
Toppobrillo StereoMix
Happy Nerding PanMix
Erica Black Output Mixer V2
Pittsburgh Lifeforms System Interface
Sputnik 6 Channel Stereo Mixer
L1 VC Stereo Mixer
ProModular MIIIIX

I'm probably missing a bunch still....
intellijel
apfEID wrote:

Vladimir (http://vpme.de/) dropped by our booth on Day 1 and presented the module to us. We had no idea he had been working on it but we were pleasantly surprised.

After playing with it at SB I think we want to try adding an extra button to it in order to make the navigation a bit more intuitive but otherwise it is pretty much done in terms of software development. I will just tweak the panel design and pcb layout but this should be quite straightforward. My guess is it should be available mid summer, around 16-18hp and approximately $100-120 price tag but this is still TBD.

In case people missed the details:
- 2-channel Eurorack oscilloscope, frequency meter and tuner.
-Single, dual and X-Y modes.
-timebase: 10us – 10s per division
-voltage range: 0.5V – 10V per division.
JayZ
With how robust the intellijel PSU is, I wonder if it would be possible to have a 1u tile to provide a 9v output to supply a pedal.
steveoath
intellijel wrote:
apfEID wrote:

Vladimir (http://vpme.de/) dropped by our booth on Day 1 and presented the module to us. We had no idea he had been working on it but we were pleasantly surprised.

After playing with it at SB I think we want to try adding an extra button to it in order to make the navigation a bit more intuitive but otherwise it is pretty much done in terms of software development. I will just tweak the panel design and pcb layout but this should be quite straightforward. My guess is it should be available mid summer, around 16-18hp and approximately $100-120 price tag but this is still TBD.

In case people missed the details:
- 2-channel Eurorack oscilloscope, frequency meter and tuner.
-Single, dual and X-Y modes.
-timebase: 10us – 10s per division
-voltage range: 0.5V – 10V per division.

I loved hearing about this! Vlad's stuff is ace and a 1U scope is instabuy territory for me.
freqout
wow 1U scope? i'll take two!

are there any pics out there of the prototype in question?
richc90
freqout wrote:
are there any pics out there of the prototype in question?

Pretty sure it's just a 1U version of the zeroscope, will definitely buy one since the zeroscope is great.

freqout
ah looks great. hadn't seen all those new 1U modules!
muddy ranks
REVIVER wrote:
muddy ranks wrote:

Circuit Abbey Unify
Toppobrillo StereoMix
Happy Nerding PanMix
L1 VC Stereo Mixer
ProModular MIIIIX

Thanks! Some of those are pretty cool. I appreciate the input... Though my feelings remain the same on having headphone on either the 1U I/O module or on the case itself. hihi
peripatitis
muddy ranks wrote:
REVIVER wrote:
muddy ranks wrote:

Circuit Abbey Unify
Toppobrillo StereoMix
Happy Nerding PanMix
L1 VC Stereo Mixer
ProModular MIIIIX

Thanks! Some of those are pretty cool. I appreciate the input... Though my feelings remain the same on having headphone on either the 1U I/O module or on the case itself. hihi

+1
these mixers are nice but i can't seem them making it to my gig system where i need every hp of the case.
oh snap, that scope and sequencer look ace!!
IMUR
Anyone out there tried the 3U1U3U orientation of the Eventhar rail brackets and the Intellijel 1U modules?

I'm doing a case build and I'd need to spend a lot to find out whether or not there will be any gaps between rails-against-rails or rails-against-caseframe.

Ideally; I want my two sided 14U to be PL compatible one side and INTLJ compatible the other.

Erthenvar says that the 3U1U3U will allow for Intellijel 1Us, and 1U3U3U will work with everything else but unless I'm missing something; it seems as if there will be some space left over somewhere.
Foghorn
IMUR wrote:
Anyone out there tried the 3U1U3U orientation of the Eventhar rail brackets and the Intellijel 1U modules?

I'm doing a case build and I'd need to spend a lot to find out whether or not there will be any gaps between rails-against-rails or rails-against-caseframe.

Ideally; I want my two sided 14U to be PL compatible one side and INTLJ compatible the other.

Erthenvar says that the 3U1U3U will allow for Intellijel 1Us, and 1U3U3U will work with everything else but unless I'm missing something; it seems as if there will be some space left over somewhere.

The Erthenvar rail brackets space the rails for Erthenvar & Pulplogic "tiles".
The spacing for Intellijel 1U is different.
That said, with the correct spacing the 1U row could go anywhere.
Who actually said the 3U & 1U & 3U bracket kit would fit Intellijel 1U modules?
-notice I don't call the Intellijel 1U "tiles"

I had never seen the 3U-1U-3U bracket but I have used the other variations. (3U and 3U & 1U) and 1U cut off of the 3U & 1U bracket.
patches
IMUR wrote:

Clicks & Clocks now has Intellijel 1U brackets.

Can double confirm in a recent email received by the kind Mr. Stefan at C&C:

Quote:
Regarding your question, I have no plans for 4U side panels. But you can easily combine 1U + 3U frames. The size is the same, but it might not be as convenient to mount two frames.
DJMaytag
I can't seem to find Intellijel 1U modules anywhere. Have they been discontinued?
maltemark
DJMaytag wrote:
I can't seem to find Intellijel 1U modules anywhere. Have they been discontinued?

Many models seem available @ for example signal sounds
https://www.signalsounds.com/modular?cat=37

Some are still in stock @ rubadub
https://www.rubadub.co.uk/catalogsearch/result/?q=intellijel+1u

Plenty at musicstore:
https://www.musicstore.de/INTERSHOP/web/WFS/MusicStore-MusicStoreShop- Site/en_US/ms-oe/EUR/ViewParametricSearch-SimpleOfferSearch
XiXora
I assume they're made in batches they are slowly coming back into stock now.
DJMaytag
I guess I should have clarified... I see plenty available overseas, there is nothing in the US.
Foghorn
Intellijel sells them directly, at their website.
Or at least most of their modules.

Of course I do not know about to Europe.

I just bought 2 - 1U buffered mults.
cg_funk
DJMaytag wrote:
I guess I should have clarified... I see plenty available overseas, there is nothing in the US.

I know perfectcircuitaudio.com has a few in stock, I just bought a few from them.

Just use wigglehunt.com to find what you need. Great resource.
fragletrollet
Just from the top of my head (planning to buy the IJ 7u), why cant just IJ make the 1u tile unlipped (as an option)? I mean, theres no need for it to fit in a rack like the 4u rackframe.
Sin_Phi
Would like to voice my support for separate output and input modules instead of the I/O. Just chopping them as is would be a 14 and 10 hp module for ins and outs respectively. For me personally that would be great in 104 system because you can take 3x28 hp modules (6x14 hp which is a common multiple in the intelijel ecosystem), the output and headphones. As is I have 14 hp that will never do anything in my set up.

Alternativly. With a bit of photoshop I figured out that a combined output with a headphone pot and 1/4 jack would be 18 hp, really only saving you 2 hp and not worth doing instead of separate headphone and output setup. Getting rid of the separate headphone pot would be 14 hp in a headphone+output module which might be worth it, but judging from the layout there just isn't room on a pcb that small.
propertyof
Is there any 1U switch module available out there?
Would be very helpful to have something similar to Short Bus in intellijel 1U format.
kathinka.
intellijel wrote:
My guess is it should be available mid summer, around 16-18hp and approximately $100-120 price tag but this is still TBD.

sounds very good. looks like summer is over. wink
any news?

www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-zeroscope-with-vpme-de
intellijel
kathinka. wrote:
intellijel wrote:
My guess is it should be available mid summer, around 16-18hp and approximately $100-120 price tag but this is still TBD.

sounds very good. looks like summer is over. wink
any news?

www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-zeroscope-with-vpme-de

Production units ordered smile
mekohler
Would really like a 1U that lets you connect an expression pedal to control CV...pulp logic made one, but not compatible with intellijel cases
rew_
mekohler wrote:
Would really like a 1U that lets you connect an expression pedal to control CV...pulp logic made one, but not compatible with intellijel cases

this is a very good idea
Carmelo_P82
I can't wait to order the zeroscope. Any news ? waah hihi
secrethero303
Carmelo_P82 wrote:
I can't wait to order the zeroscope. Any news ? waah hihi

Same here... just waiting.
missingtwin
Dear intellijel
Please make a pulp logic size conversion panel for the zeroscope (in black),
Sincerely,
MT
srogers
I’m still really surprised there isn’t a VCA in the 1U lineup. A dual (at least) VCA seems like a no brainer to me.
dave999z
Yes, any ETA on when thr scope will be available for order?
gb
srogers wrote:
I’m still really surprised there isn’t a VCA in the 1U lineup. A dual (at least) VCA seems like a no brainer to me.

Exactly what i thought since i have a intellijel 7u case
I‘d love a dual vca like the uvca for 1U!
beem
mateo wrote:
A horizontal quantizer and/or mini keyboard and/or step sequencer would be very handy. The horizontal format would be much more ergonomic than the existing vertical ones!

+1 for the uScale with horizontal keys!
dave999z
beem wrote:
mateo wrote:

+2
dave999z
Seriously, any ETA on the 1U scope? I do not want to miss the first batch of these.
filtermod
dave999z wrote:
beem wrote:
mateo wrote:

+2

+3
Mercutio
Hi

is there alternative panels to mount some specific small modules (2=>5 HP) on this 1U ?

Is there other manufacturer compatible with the 1U Intellijel ?

Cheers
userfriendly
Mercutio wrote:
Hi

is there alternative panels to mount some specific small modules (2=>5 HP) on this 1U ?

Is there other manufacturer compatible with the 1U Intellijel ?

Cheers

Bump
av500
According to Intellijel this will be out "real soon now" smile

kathinka.
sounds good, waiting for it. wink
Todai
filtermod wrote:
dave999z wrote:
beem wrote:
mateo wrote:

+2

+3

+4
Sinamsis
Does anyone have a lead on where to purchase Intellijel 1U brackets?
kathinka.
Sinamsis wrote:

https://clicksclocks.de/

1u + 4u.

(he is back from holiday @ 14th of jan 2k19, but u can ask for the english pdf-pricelist.)
Sinamsis
kathinka. wrote:
Sinamsis wrote:

https://clicksclocks.de/

1u + 4u.

(he is back from holiday @ 14th of jan 2k19, but u can ask for the english pdf-pricelist.)

Nice, I actually just found that. Anyone in the US?
budinis
sytnax wrote:

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up

are there any informations it will come as 1U?!
MarkSinister
av500 wrote:
According to Intellijel this will be out "real soon now" smile

Thank you for the pics - really looking forward to this.
magneteyez
Todai wrote:
filtermod wrote:
dave999z wrote:
beem wrote:
mateo wrote:

+2

+3

+4

+5 Mr. Green
tuttlerecall
The zeroscope is up on the intellijel site.

https://intellijel.com/shop/eurorack/1u/zeroscope-1u/
Todai
tuttlerecall wrote:

You'll surely send the first batch to Schneiders, right? thumbs up
radin
I saw their post and just purchased it directly. Wasn't sure when it would get around to retailers.
fuzzyboy
Also curious about 1U Intellijel-compatible rails that can be housed into 19" rack.

Happy Ending Kit (or similar) + 1U bundled into a 19" case – should be a cool combo.
wavecircle
I'd love to see spock and flipflop come back as 1U.
Todai
fuzzyboy wrote:
Also curious about 1U Intellijel-compatible rails that can be housed into 19" rack.

Happy Ending Kit (or similar) + 1U bundled into a 19" case – should be a cool combo.

Alternative - clicks'n'clocks offers a simple one...

https://clicksclocks.de/category/modular-synth/parts-for-eurorack-case s
euromorcego
tuttlerecall wrote:

nanners

it is also up at schneidersladen: https://www.schneidersladen.de/en/intellijel-designs-zeroscope-1u.html

probably the only intellijel 1u where an alternative faceplate for Pulplogic is a must.
intafon
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, again, but is there somewhere that one can find all 1U modules available that meet the Intellijel 1U spec? For example, there are the Intellijel modules, and I've also seen an Intellijel 1U Radio Music, but there is no way on modulargrid.net to view only intellijel spec 1U modules easily. Some, such as Tsyklon Labs not in their module descriptions "NOTE; This tile module does not conform to the Intellijel 1U standard", but this basically makes it more difficult to just do a simple search to find the intellijel 1U modules only...

(and of note, the aforementioned Radio Music panel doesn't show up in a modulargrid search... :-( )
exper
intafon wrote:
Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse, again, but is there somewhere that one can find all 1U modules available that meet the Intellijel 1U spec? For example, there are the Intellijel modules, and I've also seen an Intellijel 1U Radio Music, but there is no way on modulargrid.net to view only intellijel spec 1U modules easily. Some, such as Tsyklon Labs not in their module descriptions "NOTE; This tile module does not conform to the Intellijel 1U standard", but this basically makes it more difficult to just do a simple search to find the intellijel 1U modules only...

(and of note, the aforementioned Radio Music panel doesn't show up in a modulargrid search... :-( )

I think outside of Intellijel, there are no current options outside of some DIY solutions that people have made.
intafon
exper wrote:
intafon wrote:

I think outside of Intellijel, there are no current options outside of some DIY solutions that people have made.

Yeh, that is kind of what I was thinking. Having gotten a performance case a couple of months ago I've been more interested in the topic, and have been looking around scoping the options for 1U.
muddy ranks
I'm stoked to see a scope available in the 1U format but it seems like the screen could've been a little bigger.
av500
muddy ranks wrote:
I'm stoked to see a scope available in the 1U format but it seems like the screen could've been a little bigger.

the physical size of this screen fits almost exactly between the rails in 1U height - sadly not all of the physical size is actual visible screen area...
dysonant
Anyone notice the volume output of the Digiverb drops really fast the higher you turn up the mix? I understand that some of this is due to the reverb washing out and smearing the source, but at 12'oclock mix I would expect the original signal to be fully present.
Buttons ARE toys
magneteyez wrote:
Todai wrote:
filtermod wrote:
dave999z wrote:
beem wrote:
mateo wrote:

+2

+3

+4

+5 Mr. Green

We could get a group together and do an order from front panel express. I had someone build me an Intellijel 1u Zoom switch for Mungo modules and he used them to make the panel--came out perfect.
scrunday
dysonant wrote:
Anyone notice the volume output of the Digiverb drops really fast the higher you turn up the mix? I understand that some of this is due to the reverb washing out and smearing the source, but at 12'oclock mix I would expect the original signal to be fully present.

I've had this exact problem and have wondered if it is a "design feature" or something broken.
Hovercraft
It would be nice if Intellijel released a 1U version of Scales, but I might be interested in a horizontal panel.
gummyboy
Do you have this six advanced setting in Zeroscope?
I can't find it....
With long press the button, it takes me to scope/x-y/tune page.

[/img]
av500
yes, that's basically the same smile

long press to open the "side menu", then from there you can long press and turn to switch between scope/x-y/tuner or scroll down to change other settings as described
gummyboy
I meant those six advanced setting...
For example, I can't find "Trigger Source" section. There isn't "Trigger souurce " section under the submenu of each of scope/x-y/tuner.
av500
see the "Trigger Source" setting highlighted here:

it's on: channel 1, rising edge

push and turn the encoder to change it...
gummyboy
very frustrating very frustrating very frustrating

Thank you!!!
fjoesz
1U VCA's pleeeeeaaaasseeeee Rockin' Banana!
raccoonboy
I want to see expert sleepers modules in 1U. Grayscale of course.
ES-8 in 1U would be Dead Banana
cackland
raccoonboy wrote:
I want to see expert sleepers modules in 1U. Grayscale of course.
ES-8 in 1U would be Dead Banana

This was discussed in brief reference on the Intellijel Forum 1U thread
cackland
Hovercraft wrote:
It would be nice if Intellijel released a 1U version of Scales, but I might be interested in a horizontal panel.

This would be nice. The scales box does say 3U, which might hint at a 1u version, although probably wishful thinking.
SardonikGrin
Just adding to the chorus of "VCA for 1U!"

I am getting a new travel case and am thinking of getting a 1u row to take advantage of this (steppy and the pedal integration has me sold on intellijel 1u). As I started planning I was a surprised that there were no VCAs, especially when the μVCA seems perfect for this! So, please oh please...

srsly never
savethisrocketship
SardonikGrin wrote:

I am getting a new travel case and am thinking of getting a 1u row to take advantage of this (steppy and the pedal integration has me sold on intellijel 1u). As I started planning I was a surprised that there were no VCAs, especially when the μVCA seems perfect for this! So, please oh please...

srsly never

Danjel has been discussing this over at the Intellijel forum on their website. Sounds like he's leaning towards a very streamlined VCA, less a recreation of the uVCA due to the size... maybe head over there if you want to get in on the discussion.
SardonikGrin
savethisrocketship wrote:
SardonikGrin wrote:

srsly never

Danjel has been discussing this over at the Intellijel forum on their website. Sounds like he's leaning towards a very streamlined VCA, less a recreation of the uVCA due to the size... maybe head over there if you want to get in on the discussion.

Oh nice one! Even the most basic VCA would be ace. Thanks for the heads up, I'll check out the forum thumbs up
thebends9
Does anyone know how to mod the Intellijel 1U USB module for use with a MDLR board?
Hovercraft
thebends9 wrote:
Does anyone know how to mod the Intellijel 1U USB module for use with a MDLR board?

The USB module just needs ground and +5V wires. You could cut off the adapter plug and attach the correct wires to the ground (black) and +5V (red) screw terminals on your busboard.
adaris
Hovercraft wrote:
thebends9 wrote:

The USB module just needs ground and +5V wires. You could cut off the adapter plug and attach the correct wires to the ground (black) and +5V (red) screw terminals on your busboard.

I used this to connect it to a flying bus cable:

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B06Y66LZ2L/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o 01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

thebends9
thanks guys
gooms
Hey everyone, just found @ Superbooth 2019 a 3rd party company making 1u Intellijel format modules! These have me really excited, there's a dual clock divider module, an octave switcher module, and a dual exponential VCA module. I'm personally very interested in the dual clock divider and dual VCA modules, it's great to use 1u for the boring utilities to leave more room for more interesting 3u modules.

Shakmat Modular:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzKjCDJkkNA

I also found another company with at least 1 additional 1u Intellijel format module, a MIDI to trigger converter w/ velocity.

Leipzigwest (LPZW):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngUTAtAZdyM
uebl
It's about time other companies start producing 1U modules smile
euromorcego
the shakmat modules were already discussed (somewhere) ...

Eowave also showed a bunch of 1u modules for IF format. But it was unclear whether they will actually be produced.
cackland
And... Intellijel have mentioned they are bringing out the same utilities in 1U. Octave Switcher and VCA in 1U format.
boombipbass
I want to buy a MDLR case and I have to pick 1U for Intellijel or 1U for the Erthevar/Pulp logic, but I cant make up my mind which to pick.

I'd like to have as much possibilities as I can, does Intellijel means that only their modules can fit or are there other companies that make 1U modules for the Intellijel format too?
cackland
Read gooms post above
exper
I think Transient Modules is also making a quad stepped random source in Intellijel 1u also.
euromorcego
exper wrote:
I think Transient Modules is also making a quad stepped random source in Intellijel 1u also.

at least it is on modular grid: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/transient-modules-u4r

And there is the new Intellijel VCA, it has been mentioned already but no pics yet ... here they are: https://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-1u-dual-stereo-vca-module

see also: https://forum.intellijel.com/t/1u-dual-stereo-vca-module-what-features  /1428/15
batch
Transient have 3 1U modules for sale here:

http://transientmodules.com/1u-modules
damase
good find. if i find my 1u choices held back by 2hp i could see myself switching the IJ buff mult for that. likewise quadratt is such a useful module i could have a better chance to stuff a 2nd one in in this smaller form

supposedly intellijel has a lot cooking up for new 1u modules so it could easily come to that

not sure if mentioned but i also saw, NLC has a 1u sloth
Arneb
On the topic of non-Intellijel vendors, well, Plum Audio are taking orders for an Intellijel-height 1U Ornament&Crime implementation... guess it's only a matter of time until they port Temps Utile, too.
cackland
mhtones
I just ordered a new 7u case and this announcement is making me do the happy dance! It's peanut butter jelly time!
SavageMessiah
nonlinearcircuits has started putting out 1u modules in intellijel format too. So far there's a difference rectifier and a stripped down sloth, iirc.
tron23
Nice to see NLC modules entering the game. hyper
batch
SavageMessiah wrote:
nonlinearcircuits has started putting out 1u modules in intellijel format too. So far there's a difference rectifier and a stripped down sloth, iirc.

Yes, just saw this:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/nonlinearcircuits-1u-sloth-chaos

Nice to see some small 1U modules coming to market. Really need more options. The new VCA looks great.
transient_modules
Hi everyone! As has been said before in this thread, I've made three 1U modules for Intellijel cases. I just want to add that the u2X and the u3A are available as DIY kits, because I mainly did them for that reason: (AFAIK) there was no DIY modules available for that 1U row so I wanted to give the option to build a couple of utilities to the DIYers with Intellijel cases. The u4R is tricky to build so it's only available assembled.

Here's a small picture of the three of them. For more details: http://transientmodules.com/1u-modules

smile
cackland
applause
RowanH
The polyend loopop video has what appears to be a new intellijel 1u touch/expression module, top left of his palette case. Not seen it announced anywhere.

nihile_tropes
You can already find the new Intellijel module on modulargrid, if you look hard enough. It's called FSR. Then there's also the new Duatt 1U.. razz
Johnnyfive
RowanH wrote:
The polyend loopop video has what appears to be a new intellijel 1u touch/expression module, top left of his palette case. Not seen it announced anywhere.

nice spot! in the comments he says it's called the FSR. Juno are listing it at £74 but there's not photo/details: https://www.juno.co.uk/products/intellijel-intelijel-fsr-1u-module/747 522-01/
Crimesofthecrown
batch wrote:
SavageMessiah wrote:

Yes, just saw this:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/nonlinearcircuits-1u-sloth-chaos

Nice to see some small 1U modules coming to market. Really need more options. The new VCA looks great.

Price is too good to not get one!
cackland
Spotted this on intellijel instagram story...

Intellijel baby quadrant? (Right of the new 1U VCA)
EdJ
cackland wrote:
Spotted this on intellijel instagram story...

Intellijel baby quadrant? (Right of the new 1U VCA)

I asked, and they had this to say w00t

cackland
Standard response
Hovercraft
The Duatt? Biatt? The Intellijel 7U cases have been a success, and with a larger user base, there's a greater inventive to develop more 1U modules.
Johnnyfive
Hovercraft wrote:
The Duatt? Biatt? The Intellijel 7U cases have been a success, and with a larger user base, there's a greater inventive to develop more 1U modules.

Duatt: https://www.juno.co.uk/products/intellijel-duatt-1u-module/747516-01/
Krater
Looks like a two channel version of Quadratt = Duatt?, but I´m wondering, what the switch between the two knobs does.
bc3
Krater wrote:
Looks like a two channel version of Quadratt = Duatt?, but I´m wondering, what the switch between the two knobs does.

Bi and Uni-Polar just like on the Quadratt I would assume?
Krater
Don´t know, I see three switches, two above the knobs, I guess these are the ones for uni/bi polar switching like on Quadratt. Plus the one between the knobs.
Trebbers
Maybe it's to link the channels so you can use it as a stereo attenuator.
intellijel
cackland wrote:
Standard response
ready in 1-2 weeks. Our manufacturer is behind schedule (thought I would have them already).
Granular
Will we ever get 1U uScale? we're not worthy
saiteron
here's that Duatt page for those who haven't found it yet:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/intellijel-duatt

looks like the middle switch is to add extra gain to A, making it less of an "att" and more of an "amp"
silkynight
From triplatt manual.

Ax2 switch
In the up (on) position, this switch doubles the voltage appearing at Channel A’s input
[A].
For example: leave the input of Channel A unconnected; set the channel’s polarity switch
to -/+, turn the channel attenuator fully clockwise; and set the Ax2 switch to the down
(off) position. Triplatt will send 5V to Channel A’s input [A]. Flip the Ax2 switch to the up
Page 6
Triplatt Manual
(on) position, and Triplatt sends 10V (5V x 2) to Channel A’s input. Rotate the knob fully
counterclockwise, and Triplatt sends -10V (-5V x 2) to Channel A’s input.
The Ax2 switch is a convenient way to double the input voltage, or to set a full +10V or
-10V DC offset to the signal patched into Channel B.
MikeLeeBirds

Interesting!
A pressure touch sensor with CV and gate in 10hp. Very useful.
Let’s call it „Sense“ until the official name is revealed.

And the Duatt that was mentioned earlier. Like a baby that Quadratt and Triplatt made.
cackland
I feel like Intellijel is about to unload with all new gadget goodies.
MikeLeeBirds
Oh, I now see that the thing I called „Sense“ is actually „FSR“, just like this one:

https://www.modulargrid.net/e/pulplogic-fsr-silver

I had missed the reference to Loopop‘s video where it’s already been mentioned.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Eurorack Modules  
Page 1 of 14