MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

StereoCompress (from Jan16)
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Author StereoCompress (from Jan16)
rowsbywoof
Definitely down for a Stereo Compress on the next run. Glad to hear you still have boards to do 30 more. Also semi-selfishly-glad to hear these sold a little slow, since that means I might actually get a chance to snag one if I, you know, sleep in a little bit the day you send the email. wink
MATSmile
For all the users out there, how good is it for end chain compression?
BugBrand
I think others should comment for unbiased-ness - but I've had my one permanently plumbed in on a stereo bus, feeding pretty much everything through it - just a touch of 2:1 comp does tend to make everything sound better!
a100user
Hi Tom smile

Hint, hint. Mr. Green
indexofmetals
MATSmile - Tom may be Mr Bug himself but he is right about this device. I like to use it when playing live and it helps everything gel together.

at home when mixing I'm tending to run the stereo mix through JLM preamps split into identical pair with one into Chandler Curve Bender into JLM 1176 clones and the other into pair of Bugbrand PEQ's into StereoCompress and then into Sounddevices 4 track.

The StereoCompress, like the PEQ, is a very musical and useful tool.
MATSmile
indexofmetals
Thanks man. It means I will need one in near future. Never maintain cash savings again
dogoftears
indexofmetals wrote:

at home when mixing I'm tending to run the stereo mix through JLM preamps split into identical pair with one into Chandler Curve Bender into JLM 1176 clones and the other into pair of Bugbrand PEQ's into StereoCompress and then into Sounddevices 4 track.

dude that setup is baller. can you point me to some recordings made with this 2buss setup? and how do u like the curve bender??
crookedtapes
is there any chance to buy new batch of these sometime soon ?
BugBrand
Yes, should be quite soon.
crookedtapes
BugBrand wrote:

stoked. thanks for your quick response.
NewNewRon
crookedtapes wrote:
BugBrand wrote:

stoked. thanks for your quick response.

Emotion seconded.
askthedust
Can't wait hyper
sungja
Compressors are in the bug shop.
askthedust
Got one hyper hyper hyper
mor4sso
These thing still available? Been wanting one for a while grin
porphyrion
mor4sso wrote:
These thing still available? Been wanting one for a while grin

Seems like the StereoCompressor is sold out again...

http://www.bugbrand.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=24&pr oducts_id=122
BugBrand
Yeah, the new batch released last Friday went quickly (surprise/relief).
Patch Point will have a few shortly.
Otherwise there will be more in early 2018 - do sign up to my mailing list for announcements if you haven't already.
batchas
BugBrand wrote:
Yeah, the new batch released last Friday went quickly (surprise/relief).

SlayerBadger!
dogoftears
it's really good btw
had mine for quite a while now and it holds its own against some very high priced competitors.
porphyrion
Never worked with a truly high-end compressor like a Gates or so, but this is definitely a big step up for me! Cool stuff from Mr Bugs! So much variety... Excellent!
Tumulishroomaroom
Damn I didn't react in time for this latest batch. Seems like such a great option for glueing my modular and Digitakt together. Kind of a no brainer if it sounds as good as everyone says given the size.
harlequin
Great unit. +1. I did a shoot out with this versus FMR RNC and RNLA and it left them for dead!
dogoftears
harlequin wrote:
Great unit. +1. I did a shoot out with this versus FMR RNC and RNLA and it left them for dead!

man the FMR's don't even compare. they are basically "shitty sounding" for lack of a better term. i never found any use whatsoever for the RNC, and esp. not on a mix bus!

the bug comp is pure class-- elegant, punchy, highly controllable compression action with little to no box tone. in fact it has less box tone then any other VCA comp i have.
rpc
Having just missed this last batch, I was wondering if anyone has compared this comp with the original Overstayer stereo VCA comp (full rack http://www.overstayeraudio.com/stereo-vca-compressor/)? Thanks.
BugBrand
I can't help with the Overstayer, but can at least say that I've still got plenty more boards for batches in the not-too-distant future.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> BugBrand Devices Goto page Previous  1, 2 [all]
Page 2 of 2