MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

JH Living Vocoder [BUILD THREAD]
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Author JH Living Vocoder [BUILD THREAD]
LektroiD
My Vocoder PCB has just arrived and I'm slowly amassing the parts. Time to get a build thread started...

ClausF
Wow, what a big PCB, sems to be bigger than the Rollz-5...
And a nice workspace. The same amount of chaos in the back that I try to keep, but chaos wins most of the times...
Starspawn
Wooop, plans for panel yet?
Im thinking 5U full rack wide ... screaming goo yo
jhulk
im putting in a big order for the 1% mkp caps for the 144 of each type

so if any one wants to buy some at a reduced rate than just buying 144 of each let me know the more the better

please put your names down
Starspawn
^Im in for a cap set
sixty_n
Already got the caps but I would be up for any other stuff we might be able to get a good price on.

I got these from farnell: 10n 47n
jhulk
yes farnel was the cheapest but even cheaper if we get 2000
papz
Crazy project !

I just ordered a PCB, please count me in for a caps set.
Thank you
jhulk
yes if we get 20 people were talking about 17 pence each much better than the 98 pence

that was the major cost of the project

we could do bulk buys any of the parts
jhulk
plus the panel i was thinking 20x led sliders already got a lot coming from mouser
and bulk buying makes them a lot cheaper
sixty_n
I was thinking 40 sliders. LED ones would be nice but I'm not sure whether they would need additional driver circuits or a more expensive psu.

The farnell caps are black btw, not blue. I think they'll look nice on the board
OrganFixer
I'm in the US. Does it make sense for me to join your cap group buy?
strat-1
I built an okita vocoder some years ago, I didn't matched the capacitors and used cheap ones, so instead of a vocoder I built a morphoder smile
No intelligible voice on the output, only pads like sounds.
strat-1
I built an okita vocoder some years ago, I didn't matched the capacitors and used cheap ones, so instead of a vocoder I built a morphoder smile
No intelligible voice on the output, only pads like sounds.

(sorry it submited again)
spotta
In for the Cap buy thumbs up
micro_research
PCB just arrived (brutal in the very greatest sense). I'm in for a cap buy!
PixelVampyr
Also in for the Cap buy, thanks!!
the bad producer
I'd also be in for the cap buy - help get numbers up!

Actually I did start documenting my build on my blog/website, but never got very far, I'd be happy to try and finish it and gather build info there if anyone thinks it useful, this is a far as I got rather embarrassingly!

http://loudestwarning.tumblr.com/VOCODER
a100user
I'll be in for a cap buy too, that way I don't deplete Charlie's stock wink
LektroiD
Hi jhulk, I'd be in for a cap buy. Although, I'd prefer to round it off to 150, always good to have excess in stock.

Please could you let us know which country you are in (it doesn't say on your profile), as overseas postage could bump the price way back up again.
jhulk
if you live in usa it would still be cheaper if on the group buy as if you buy just the 144 of each you wont get it cheaper
and a flat rate envelope to states is not very dear

the more the merrier

we are talking 1440 for just 10 people of each type
20 people we are looking at 3000

and yes i think it would be a good idea to get extra 6 on each type

when i fit these type caps or wima,s i use a 2mm piece of card board underneath so the solder does not melt into the underside of the cap
the pdf states that you must leave a gap but seen so many people just sit them right on top of the pcb

so if we get 20 people that would be 150 of each type so 3000 of each type
ear ear
I'd be in for a cap group buy. smile
jhulk
rob senso is closing down his shop and i sent him the bom for this project
to see what group buy on parts we can get

i already get bulk from him for some things
LektroiD
LektroiD wrote:
Hi jhulk....

Please could you let us know which country you are in (it doesn't say on your profile), as overseas postage could bump the price way back up again.

jhulk wrote:
if you live in usa it would still be cheaper if on the group buy as if you buy just the 144 of each you wont get it cheaper
and a flat rate envelope to states is not very dear

I'm presuming this means you are in the USA?

I'm guessing because you never replied with your location and it is not on your profile, but you mention USA... We need this info so we can work out if overseas postage will make this worthwhile. Thanks smile
LektroiD
I've hit a brick wall... I don't know if I should follow the silkscreen and place a 1K8Ω, or the component overlay PDF and place the 47KΩ.

You can see that I pulled the 1K8 when I noticed the PDF showed 47K (since the silkscreen is underneath the component, I had to pull it to see if I had misplaced it). The schematic shows 47K.

MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next [all]
Page 1 of 12