MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Gotharman's anAmoNo X
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Author Gotharman's anAmoNo X
gotharman

rayce
Oooh...

Anamono filter with some sort of sequencer and synth engine attached to it plus voltage control?

Looks stylish!

Would love to see a clean picture of the breadboard prototype.

Can't wait to see the finished version in action.

Dig the howling gritty character of it from 2:13 on.

Gotharman continuing to push sonic boundaries.
Bumply
Hell yeah. Very excited to see this.
gotharman
rayce wrote:
Oooh...

Anamono filter with some sort of sequencer and synth engine attached to it plus voltage control?

Looks stylish!

Would love to see a clean picture of the breadboard prototype.

Can't wait to see the finished version in action.

Dig the howling gritty character of it from 2:13 on.

Gotharman continuing to push sonic boundaries.

Thank you very much Rayce.

Newly engineered analog filter, based on the original anAmono design, but not quite the same. The analog distortion circuit (the howling thing) has also been re-engineered, so it makes much less background noise.

Specs are not yet completely defined, but it will have a step sequencer, CV inputs and a few nice surprises...
Elephantbud
eek! applause
gotharman
Some more filter tweaking:

dan_p
Sounds very nice!
MATSmile
This is awesome thumbs up , but I was hoping for LD3 sad banana
gotharman
dan_p wrote:
Sounds very nice!

Thank you very much Dan!
gotharman
MATSmile wrote:
This is awesome thumbs up , but I was hoping for LD3 sad banana

Sorry about that, but after more than 2 years of work on my Fuzion, I am really not up to making a new workstation right now. I rather want to make an insane sound device hihi
gotharman
...Hmmm but then again, this thing will have synth, sequencer, effects and triggers....Maybe it will be some kind of workstation after all... w00t
weinglas
Sounds wonderful SlayerBadger!
gotharman
Thank you very much :-)
gotharman
dadek
SlayerBadger!
Wow, Amazing work!!! Guinness ftw!
gotharman
Thank you very much Rockin' Banana!
gotharman
Modular with memory and swappable analog filters It's peanut butter jelly time!

stikygum
Wow, sounds awesome! That screen just looks like so much fun to interact with. I really dig the interface on the Fuzion and this looks like it's in the same vein. Looking forward to this.
rayce
Modular with swappable filters, very interesting!

Can you show a video demonstrating filter swapping? Curious to see how you designed it.

Sounding good!
gotharman
stikygum wrote:
Wow, sounds awesome! That screen just looks like so much fun to interact with. I really dig the interface on the Fuzion and this looks like it's in the same vein. Looking forward to this.

Thank you very much!

At first I planned to design it with a small screen and more knobs. Then when I was working on the Alu-Fuzion, I dropped its display on the floor. After that, the touch interface of the display didn't work, and in the 2 days that I was waiting for a replacement display, I realized just how miserable my life became without the touch screen keyboard. So anAmoNo X was redesigned, before the first proto was made...
gotharman
rayce wrote:
Modular with swappable filters, very interesting!

Can you show a video demonstrating filter swapping? Curious to see how you designed it.

Sounding good!

Thank you very much Rayce!

Yes, at some point I will make an instruction video, on how to swap the filters. It is not really hard though. When removing the left sideplate, the 2 analog filters it can hold, are each placed in a socket. You will need a screwdriver to remove the sideplate, but you will not need any tools, to take the filters out, and put new ones in.

I have, until now, planned the following filters:

-Single anamono filter with improved bass response, added analog negative and positive feedback and analog distortion -Status: Ready -Shown in video's.

-Dual anamono filter (as the original), with improved bass response, negative analog feedback and analog distortion. Status: Ready -Shown in video's.

-Tripple anamono filter without feedback and distortion. Status: In progress.

-Curtis chip filter. Status: Planned.

-Tubaz filter. Status: Planned.

-The very first Gotharman filter design. Status: Planned.
stikygum
Love multiple filters. Dual filter allow you to do vocally things, which I really like. I'm curious what does the 3rd filter in the Triple filter gives you sonically? Maybe better format vocal sounds. Not many synths have more than 2 filters and typically one so this is cool. The Tubaz filter sounds like it will be really interesting for getting different fuzzy harmonics.

I have wanted the CS filter you made for some time. That thing sounds great. Have you ever considered doing a Vactrol based filter? I really enjoy the sound of vactrols and think it would be a cool addition to a standalone synth.
gotharman
So do I :-)

My Vothar 8 had 8 filters, and with such an amount of filters, it was really possible to fine tune the formants, both for vocal sounds, but also for emulating other resonant spaces. Like some kind of synthetic acoustic modelling with analog filters. With 2 of the tripple filters in anamono X at the same time, it will get 6 filters. I can't wait!

I would also like it to have a CS filter, but the chips are hard to find.
A vactrol filter sounds like a great idea. Thanks for your suggestion. This is now on my list.

I also do consider to release the specs for the filter boards, so others could make filters for it. That might open up for some interesting results (if anybody is interested...)
rayce
I didn't think of putting 2 of the same filter in it. 6 filters for formants... Makes total sense now. This thing just gets more and more intriguing.
stikygum
gotharman wrote:
So do I :-)

My Vothar 8 had 8 filters, and with such an amount of filters, it was really possible to fine tune the formants, both for vocal sounds, but also for emulating other resonant spaces. Like some kind of synthetic acoustic modelling with analog filters. With 2 of the tripple filters in anamono X at the same time, it will get 6 filters. I can't wait!

I would also like it to have a CS filter, but the chips are hard to find.
A vactrol filter sounds like a great idea. Thanks for your suggestion. This is now on my list.

I also do consider to release the specs for the filter boards, so others could make filters for it. That might open up for some interesting results (if anybody is interested...)

Wow, the Vothar 8 sounds awesome. Listened to it on your site. I can hear the PM sounds your talking about, that is really really cool. I like PM synths quite a bit with too. Looking forward to those 6 filters, that's gonna be cool. That could be quite an interesting thing to open up the specs of the filter boards for others to make filters. Could attract more customers and interest for your products as well.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next [all]
Page 1 of 13