MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post pics of your frac setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Post pics of your frac setup!
Muff Wiggler
My synth FINALLY has the sort of enclosure it deserves, and a layout that works and is fun to use. It's about damn time mad

Little Blacet closeup -

If you missed the thread in the DIY forum, details on how and why I built these new stands can be found here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1580&postdays=0&post order=asc&start=0
Muff Wiggler
oh yeah, the eurorack you see on the far right is only there as temporary housing. I have four more frac frames which will complete that tower once I get the modules to go in them. I will eventually transfer the Eurorack rig into a 12U tourcase.

ps. sorry I haven't been around the last 2-3 days. I owe lots of PMs and emails. Between this project and the new baby in the house, I haven't touched the computer in a couple days. I'll catch up with you all tomorrow. Thanks for your patience and understanding.
BugBrand
Mike --- holy carp! That is amazing!
Muff Wiggler
BugBrand wrote:
Mike --- holy carp! That is amazing!

oops thanks!!! it came out better than i thought it would.... i'm pretty surprised to be honest!

ps. spot the weevil in the first pic 8)
wetterberg
just four joysticks? tssk. wink

here's hoping you'll find enough time in the near future to actually play your rig.

Guinness ftw!
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
My synth FINALLY has the sort of enclosure it deserves, and a layout that works and is fun to use. It's about damn time mad

Little Blacet closeup -

If you missed the thread in the DIY forum, details on how and why I built these new stands can be found here:

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1580&postdays=0&post order=asc&start=0

this deserves a quad slayer badger

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Kwote
matt.patey wrote:
Here's mine... Case still needs some work, but I find angled panels really works well for modulars.

what's the module or modules on the very bottom righthand corner? it appears the pots are going down in a diagonal. eek!
Kwote
J.w.M. wrote:
@ Kwote -- Holy camoley. Your system is tons different from when I last saw it. It's truly a serious rig! It looks so well-balanced... Tons of fun.

i'm trying my best. mostly came at the expense of my record collection, which is significantly thinned out now. however i still have hundreds of classic records left over so i can't complain. and the latest incarnation of my modular more than makes up for it. a worthy trade!
matt.patey
Kwote wrote:
matt.patey wrote:
Here's mine... Case still needs some work, but I find angled panels really works well for modulars.

what's the module or modules on the very bottom righthand corner? it appears the pots are going down in a diagonal. eek!

If only they were Frac versions of Buchla 292s... ;-) But no, they are a pair of Blacet EG-1s.
Muff Wiggler
nice job on the case Matt! Looks great.

That Ad Infinitum mult doesn't really fit though hihi

want to sell it?
Muff Wiggler

want to sell it?
matt.patey
Muff Wiggler wrote:

Little Blacet closeup -

Wow that is amazing... You've ordered some Wiard 300 stuff, haven't you? Will you try fit it in the same case?
matt.patey
Muff Wiggler wrote:

want to sell it?

Thanks 8)

I actually considered PMing you about it but then I'd have a 1U blank in the case eek! I've been thinking of how to make it fit, and the only solution I can come up with is to saw off 3/4 inch off of each ear then somehow mount it directly to the case.
Muff Wiggler
matt.patey wrote:
Wow that is amazing... You've ordered some Wiard 300 stuff, haven't you? Will you try fit it in the same case?

Yep, I've paid for four modules, and will add two more to the order soon, and receive a 6-module system in a racking panel sometime around Christmas.

I plan to get a second 6-module panel in 2009.

I won't be racking it with this frac stuff you see here though, I will be building a new, Wiard-specific case for it
matt.patey
Muff Wiggler wrote:
matt.patey wrote:

Yep, I've paid for four modules, and will add two more to the order soon, and receive a 6-module system in a racking panel sometime around Christmas.

I won't be racking it with this frac stuff you see here though, I will be building a new, Wiard-specific case for it

Oh man, I'm so jealous we're not worthy
Muff Wiggler
believe me, so am I hihi

This was the system I wanted from long ago....before I got into modulars. When I finally got into modulars, I was going to order one - and they were discontnued at the time. So I went frac instead to get the Wiard 1200 stuff.

The 300 is the piece of gear I have always wanted more than anything else - more than a Synthi, more than a Buchla, more than anything. I still sorta feel like I'm dreaming and can't believe it's paid for and being built. Seriously can't wait.

This was one of the reasons I renovated my frac system. It was looking too low-rent to sit anywhere close to a Wiard 300 hihi
matt.patey
Cat-A-Tonic wrote:
That's a nice case M. Patey. What kind of wood is that? Are you planning to lug it around to live gigs?

Thanks smile The case is made from pieces of pine that were glued together then sanded down to make it seamless (all done by the manufacturer). I don't play live shows actually, so for the time being it's permanently in my small studio. Even if I did play live I think it'd be a little on the heavy/cumbersome side to do so.
neandrewthal
Muff Wiggler wrote:
matt.patey wrote:

Can I come play with it in 5 years when I'm done with school and moving to Auto-Wah? love
Muff Wiggler
hell yes! w00t
kidtesla
Love the new stands! love Nice job muff!!
synthetic
Great job, Muff. That looks amazing. It's like a techno-pagan altar. I also give it four Slayer Badgers.

SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
Cat-A-Tonic
Muff, that setup looks WAY better than what you were rockin' before.
Nice work, and props for building a unique, classy, super cheap solution for the home studio! SlayerBadger!
scozbor
thanks to a few posts around here I got myself a great new case from IKEA!
$45. perfectly fits 3 blacet racks + 1 standard rack. I just screwed the racks straight into the wood which was a bit crappy because it's just that cheap chipboard type stuff. All good though .. and stoked! Mr. Green

DGTom
Very Nice!

What IKEA unit is that, I was toying with the idea of using a couple of Rast bedside tables which was posted here, but this looks like a good option as well!

I guess you could re-inforce the sides before screwing into them as well. Looks pretty close to the edge, be ok as long as racks don't go in & out.
scozbor
Yeah the only reason I didnt use the Rast bedside table is because they didnt have any in stock. I think this one is called EINA. Its also a bedside table.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 2 of 32