MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Post pics of your frac setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Post pics of your frac setup!
Luka
hey scoz what is the module in the top right corner in that first pic?

im trying to study functional density before i finalize my deisngs and etch my faceplates

can you actually tweak those knobs without tweezer?
how much room is between then?
scozbor
top right corner? you mean the blacet LFO?

maybe you mean top left corner? The densely packed thing?
thats a luna modular dual VCF >> http://www.somaticcircuits.com/

Its way too tightly packed. I was trying to conserve space, but I am actually re-designing this panel into 3 frack spaces.

I can tweak the knobs fine. they are 14mm diameter i think. you should see the back though eek!
Luka
oh yeah thats the one haha
cool thanks for info
DGTom
scozbor wrote:
Yeah the only reason I didnt use the Rast bedside table is because they didnt have any in stock. I think this one is called EINA. Its also a bedside table.

I wonder why 19"s makev such good bedside tables... hhhhmmm, I"m sure there is an innuendo there somewhere razz
GCF
scozbor wrote:

What are modules #2 and 4 in the bottom row? It looks like the last one has a unicorn on it.
Muff Wiggler
that's the Ken Stone Unicorn 8)

it's on all the CGS PCB's

so....it's some Ken Stone module... but which one??

great work scozbor!! looks awesome hyper
neandrewthal
I want unicorns on my panels love :(

I think it's a super psycho LFO.
scozbor
neandrewthal wrote:
I want unicorns on my panels love :(

I think it's a super psycho LFO.

you're right! super psycho LFO.

I made the panel by printing it out on a good printer and using clear adhesive paper to stick it to the panel. it didn't come out too bad!

I couldn't resist putting the unicorn on there!

module 2 in the bottom row is the synthasonic MFOS phaser. I love it!
J.w.M.
That's a pro-looking panel on that super psycho LFO, scozbor!
Nice-looking case, too.
parasitk
scozbor wrote:

module 2 in the bottom row is the synthasonic MFOS phaser. I love it!

Well let's hear it then! w00t
Babaluma
Roycie Roller
Babaluma wrote:

Lovely setup Babaluma! The blue of the Wiard controller is beautiful. Goes well with the Chandler!
Babaluma
yeah, they'd look nice next to each other 8)

i really need a 16u case for the main synth/sequencer/controller bits. i think i'll keep the effects rack separate.
Cybananna
Here's my frac system.

and the rest of the system

J.w.M.
Great looking system, Cybanana! I'd definitely like to have a WVX (and a bunch of the other modules) in my system.
Thanks for sharing!
parasitk
I really want a second Quad VCA. Nice rack!
Cybananna
I'm curious to see what Blacet has up his sleeve for a replacement. It's such a nice module.
photon
Heres a recent shot of my set-up. I've moved it down to the basement temporarily while I had some electrical work done in the studio. It should be coming back up tomorrow.

Row 1: Thomas Henry XRVCO, Mankato, Clangora, Klangwerk

Row 2: MFOS VCO, CGS Analog Shift Register (not finished), Synthacon Filter, MOTM Sub-Octave Multiplexer, Blacet Mixer, dual Bugbrand Pattern Generator

Row 3: MFOS VCO, MOTM Noise/S+H, Korg PS3100 Resonators clone (Fonik), Multiple, CGS Pulse Divider / Boolean logic, Dual Low Pass Gate

Row 4: SNVoice, Standard #3 Wogglebug x2, MFOS Envelope Gen, MFOS LFO, CGS Super Psycho LFO
eyehue
awesome setup, photon! lovin the brass frac panels! did u design all the front panels yourself? i'm pretty sure my mankato panels are a variant of your design. great work!
parasitk
photon wrote:
Heres a recent shot of my set-up. I've moved it down to the basement temporarily while I had some electrical work done in the studio. It should be coming back up tomorrow.

Hey it's you! We were just talking about your panels in another thread. Definitely the most beautiful DIY panels I have ever encountered. Wonderful work. we're not worthy
neandrewthal
Beautful, as always, Photon. Especially the super psycho lfo. It's in a class of it's own love

Quick question, though: That's a pretty good sized system, so how do you get by with only one envelope and no DC coupled VCA's?

I can patch for days without any of those, but when I do use them, I always wish I had more, more help
Kwote
oh yes the classic SN Voice panel!! you should throw your two cents into that thread photon.

https://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1211
photon
thanks everybody.

eyehue- yeah, The panels are my own designs. Thanks, I'm glad you like them.

parasitk- Cool! I'll check that out

neandrewthal--Very astute of you to notice, but I'm working on it! I've got a Thomas Henry VCA-1 that I'm building right now, a Dual Thomas Henry VCA (from the 21st Century Synth book) thats in the wings, and a dual MOTM VCA that needs debugging.

I've also got another MFOS EG board w/ all the parts, plus 4 Buchla 281 function generator pcbs that are going into the controller that I'm building. Phew.

Kwote- thanks, I will.

I'm excited to get started on the controller. Its going to be arranged horizontally and the two units will nest together, Voltron-Style. I'm almost finished with the first module, Blacet's voltage controlled clock w/ event arranger from synapse magazine, circa '78.
BugBrand
Yep - brass looks wonderful.
Brass-o-licious
x
photon
thanks, Bugs.
BTW, I'm loving your dual presets/pattern gen... I'm so glad I built it.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 3 of 32