MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Information
FINALLY! I believe I have gotten to the bottom of the invalid session and logout issues. Please continue to report your own experience in the appropriate threads in the "Forum Discussion and Requests" subforum. Thank you all for your patience and support! <3

Post pics of your frac setup!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Author Post pics of your frac setup!
eyehue

the top two fracs i just got last night, i am "babysitting" them for anomos while he is in japan for five months.

i was messing around with the patch shown this weekend, and here are some noises from it:
http://www.anomos.net/VP/eyehue-LaborDaySketch2008.mp3

let's see some more frac modular pics!
parasitk
Love the milk crate rack!

Here's my most recent pic:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/parasitk/2799637501/
Kwote
oooohhh. a chance to show off. i'm in. i'll upload tonight.
DGTom
parasitk wrote:
Love the milk crate rack!

Damned metric milk crates are no good for anything!! except bookcases lol

That is a damned good idea eyehue!

Waiting is the hardest part!!!!
Moog$FooL$
i too love the milk crate rack!! applause
how well does the circuit bent 505 play with your modules??
eyehue
haha, everyone loves the milkcrate fracs more than my mp3 or my custom frac cases! that's actually the rack i am "babysitting" for anomos, so cheers to anomos! Guinness ftw!

the bent 626 works nice with the modular when using the I/O module, however, my yamaha rx5 does way better sending midi to the midi to cv.
Kwote

maybe i should've cropped out the 310A Controller since it's not frac...

naaaahhhhhh. anyways, not pictured is my 2nd dual filter. i had to derack it to make space for the NoiseRing. but i'm not too worried. i'll be getting a 12u case sometime in the near future.. just for the dual filter!!!! sike! hihi i also have a blacet mult/atten sitting on the sidelines. poor little mult/atten waah
BugBrand
Niceness!

Here's my ghetto styles.....

(there's a little Gaken synth top-right, too)
wetterberg
bug, I am really digging the suitcase rig! Is it a custom, or some kind of Zero Halliburton shit?
BugBrand
Thanks!
Yeah, I did it myself a few months ago.
Not actually the strongest case to begin with (£25 job from Maplin a few years ago) - but I've put several horizontal wood struts inside (plus DIYed rack rails) which gives it much more stability than it had before.
One good thing of using this case was that the final weight isn't too much - unlike a proper flight case - but then I'd not trust it in an airplane hold - I've taken it on as carry on luggage on (sl)easyjet just fine (security are generally more interested in it than worried about bomb-i-ness).
I'd looked at some other case options, but things like the pelicase range can't have their lids removed (and they're quite $$$)
Cheers!
Muff Wiggler
holy crap Kwote, I haven't seen your system in a while... that is really REALLY nice!!! What cases have you bolted your fracs into? really streamlined and nice looking. That's a very lovely system, it has matured very well my friend 8)

and Tom - what can I say, just awesome. As always your DIY skills and unique style shine through - really unique and fun system, looks like a blast!!!
Kwote
Muff Wiggler wrote:
holy crap Kwote, I haven't seen your system in a while... that is really REALLY nice!!! What cases have you bolted your fracs into? really streamlined and nice looking. That's a very lovely system, it has matured very well my friend 8)

it's an skb roto 6u and skb roto 8u. it's on the cheaper end of skb but nice and sturdy and stacks together perfectly. can't wait to get the 12u. it's gonna be hella fun filling that thing up.
eyehue
i always thought the bugbrand stuff was beautiful.
SewerBadger
BugBrand wrote:

(there's a little Gaken synth top-right, too)

Hey, I've always wondered what those Gakens sound like. Is it cool? Time for some mp3 samples?
Cat-A-Tonic
A friend of mine is an editor and project designer for Gakken (an educational publishing company in Japan).
He hooked me up with a theremin kit and a vacuum tube radio kit. 8)
I recommended him to do a project like the old stylophone.
I wonder if the Gakken SX-150 came from that recommendation....
Muff Wiggler
stickied this important thread 8)
Kwote
you're on a sticky rampage. things could get.. uhh.. sticky. i guess. d'oh!
BugBrand
eyehue wrote:
i always thought the bugbrand stuff was beautiful.

Thanksyou kindly.
I always think colour (dials and I/O) is an important aspect - part for eye-candy, but mainly for semi-concious visual cues.. I think it makes things much more easily apparent.

On Gaken --

Cat-a-tonic -- wow, that's cool if so! Having had a look around it seems like they've done some really interesting projects. The SX150 hardly requires any building, so I'd be interested to hear how the other things compare. How's the Tube stuff? They've got a tube-hifi-amp too, I think?

Its certainly a fun little gizmo, though I haven't used it much really - the sounds aren't all that much, but its an interesting interface and features (way over the stylophone, but pretty plasticy in feel) -- it was more a case of 'I WANT' once I saw about it on Matrixsynth. A friend in japan then managed to procure a copy and send it over. The accompanying magazine is fun too!
matt.patey
Here's mine... Case still needs some work, but I find angled panels really works well for modulars.

parasitk
matt.patey wrote:
Here's mine... Case still needs some work, but I find angled panels really works well for modulars.

Wow, beautiful cabinet!
SewerBadger
Gorgeous concept and execution there.
GCF
matt.patey wrote:

What are those frac cases? It looks like you have removed all the rack ears.
J.w.M.
@Matt.patey-- That's a beautiful cabinet. nice work!
@ Kwote -- Holy camoley. Your system is tons different from when I last saw it. It's truly a serious rig! It looks so well-balanced... Tons of fun.
@ Bugbrand-- Now I'm lusting after that suitcase modular. Great stuff!!!
matt.patey
Thanks for the nice comments everyone :-)

GCF wrote:
What are those frac cases? It looks like you have removed all the rack ears.

They're Blacet cases that I sawed in half then removed the ears from the front.
Cat-A-Tonic
Bug:
Quote:
I always think colour (dials and I/O) is an important aspect - part for eye-candy, but mainly for semi-concious visual cues.. I think it makes things much more easily apparent.

I feel the same way. I've been doing the color coding for knob function too.
Your system is a DIY MONSTER! Much respect. we're not worthy

That's a nice case M. Patey. What kind of wood is that? Are you planning to lug it around to live gigs?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Fractional Rack Modules Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32  Next [all]
Page 1 of 32