MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

destre chi kegro - abre ojos
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Author destre chi kegro - abre ojos
spbaker
here's the seventh track, this one is all modular & vocals. there are some efx running on the laptop and obviously efx on the vocals, a bit of post processing- eq, levels blah blah. same as the others all one pass both audio & video.

the video is here: http://abreojos.net
or at vimeo: http://www.vimeo.com/1655196
grab the mp3 here: http://abreojos.net/mp3/destrechikegro.mp3

here's the patch & set up - i'm lovin the A198 ribbon controller too!
sandyb
nice work Scott! i particularly liked the bit where the people walking changed speed depending on the sound.

sandy
spbaker
thanks sandyb! Guinness ftw!
i have to be careful about which vids are temporally effected by the sound, something work and some don't. the first clip i'm not so sure works well as it just looks like the frame rate is struggling, but the "atomic march" ladies works pretty good.
scozbor
Really enjoying pretty much everything you post! keep it up!
felix
What do you use to get the music to affect the video? Max + Jitter?
parasitk
Excellent as always, Scott! Very cool setup as well
spbaker
felix wrote:
What do you use to get the music to affect the video? Max + Jitter?

hey felix! nothing so complex, i remember giving the demo version of max a whirl a few years ago and i was all confused and eek!

its quartz composer for all the visuals, the newest version (it comes as a part of the developer tools (xcode) with Mac OSX) has some awesome patches in it and its stability is second to none.

before starting this project i tried a few VJ apps like VDMX, Modul8 and one other whose name slips my mind. none of them had the stability nor the processor efficiency to do what i wanted. then i tried Quartz and the interface has a modular patching metaphor (eg want something to oscillate back and forth in 3d space? plug a LFO in to the Z position of a sprite) and it is just so goddamn efficient, i can run up to four layers of video, some animated graphics and have ableton live running an instance of absynth, all the effects i want AND be recording to disk and my MBP doesn't miss a beat.

so to get the video reacting to the sound i put in a audio-in module, followed by a math (to bring the audio in numbers up or down) and patch it into the external timebase parameter of the video clip (thats a bit simplified). i also set it up so i can modify the amount of effect with the midi controller.

the only thing its missing is its ability to record video to disk, so the recording process is a bit convoluted but for videos at 640 X 360 it works ok....
felix
Oh man, I've got to try that! I've already got the dev tools installed...I always figured that "a graphics program" was going to be way over my head.
parasitk
It actually kinda sounds rather Max-ish but for video (so Jitter-ish?). I definitely am going to have to play with this as well. SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
wetterberg
very cool! I love this series!

parasitk, definitely have a look at what vade is doing with both Jitter and qc:
http://abstrakt.vade.info/
parasitk
Wetterberg - Very cool stuff!

Scott - I still want a track from this project for my podcast smile
spbaker
hey everyone, thanx for your kind words & support, it does mean a lot SlayerBadger!
there are heaps of tuts out there for quartz do some googling and you'll be an expert in no time!

@Chris - the next one will be a DarkVisionMedia exclusive i promise! this one was supposed to be it but i got carried away and it turned into 20mins on me
eek!

thanks for the vade info andreas! i grabbed his plugins, the screen capture one might be an answer to my capture issues... will have to do some testing... and the blur looks like fun, its always been a hungry effect but this might make it interesting.

thanx again everyone love
parasitk
spbaker wrote:
@Chris - the next one will be a DarkVisionMedia exclusive i promise! this one was supposed to be it but i got carried away and it turned into 20mins on me
eek!

A likely story! razz Seriously, whenever - I have 2 tracks lined up next, so you have time Mr. Green
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Your Tunes Here  
Page 1 of 1