MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

ADSR/VCA acting as VCA
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author ADSR/VCA acting as VCA
Awazleon92
Hello,

Ok, to follow the VCO issue, I also discovered one with my ADSR/VCA.
It is now acting as a simple VCA. I mean that what ever the setup, it is switching the signal On and off when I release a key. The Led is following this behaviour by switching On/Of following the key action.
Any clue regarding where to start to check ?
He worked like a charm since I finished it couple of months ago...

Have a nice day

Pascal
Synthbuilder
The A-D and S-R headers haven't fallen out have they?

Tony
Awazleon92
Hello Tony,

I used a link rather than headers or connector. I never planed to extend it to the VC-ADRS version.
I swapped all IC by new one but same result.
Could be another component which failed transistor, diode ?

Pascal
Synthbuilder
I can't think of any one component that could fail and cause this behaviour. Perhaps U2 or U8? Odd that either one of those would die though.

It'll be worth just checking the power supply connections to the module. Both grounds (0V) should be present. That is pins 2 and 3 should be connected to the power supply's 0V.

Tony
Awazleon92
I swapped all IC from one ADSR to the other but nothing changed. Also verified the power supply connection which is good.

If I check with my scope U1 pin 4 when triggering the gate, the signal moves quickly from 0 to +15v on the working ADSR, but from +15V to 0 on the failed one.
It seems that the issue is coming from D9, D10.
I compared with my working ADSR and I don't have the same value. Sounds like D9 is dead. Does it make sense ?
Last point, not like the VCO, I'm sure that it was working. I play with it all the Saturday afternoon, driving the TSL.

Pascal
Synthbuilder
I would guess that it is a mechanical failure rather than an electronic one. So it's more likely to be a solder joint that has failed instead of the component. You may want to try gently poking and bending the circuit board and see if it starts to work again.

Tony
Awazleon92
Ok, I gently poked the PCB and component and guess what... It works now. It seems that something disturbed the circuit around the 2 trimmers but I don't know what hmmm.....
I can't explain why it worked fine and suddenly stopped while it was fixed in my cabinet. There was no chock or something like that. Just turned the bouton to adjust the sound.
Anyway, thx for your help (again)

Have a nice day
Pascal
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1