MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[ORDER] ZeroScope, 6hp scope that's almost not even there
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Author [ORDER] ZeroScope, 6hp scope that's almost not even there
Luap
av500 wrote:
Luap wrote:
I see some mutterings over in the eurocrack forum about a v1.6 firmware update?
Does updating require a programmer of some description? If so then i'll probably make do without, but if theres no special tools or rocket science involved to update then i'd give it a go Guinness ftw!

it depends on what firmware you have. new firmwares since 1.5 have a bootloader and allow SW updates via a WAV file. for older ones you would need an STLINK programmer. see the manual here about how to perform the update via WAV:

https://vpme.de/zeroscope/

Mine is an early'ish one I think, with v1.3 on it.
I'll look into the STLINK thing however.

While im here.. Is there a firmware change log to be found somewhere? I had a quick look around but didn't happen to find one.

Thanks thumbs up
av500
Luap wrote:
^ Mine is an early'ish one I think, with v1.3 on it.
I'll look into the STLINK thing however.

While im here.. Is there a firmware change log to be found somewhere? I had a quick look around but didn't happen to find one.

Thanks thumbs up

there have not been many changes before 1.5, just minor bug fixes. and the new features are in the 1.5 manual
Luap
I couldn't help but notice.. 'Four Scope' ?

I happened to spot it in DivKids video, altho it is about 2 other modules..
( https://youtu.be/VOByFD7B7ME?t=59 )
av500
Luap wrote:
I couldn't help but notice.. 'Four Scope' ?

I happened to spot it in DivKids video, altho it is about 2 other modules..
( https://youtu.be/VOByFD7B7ME?t=59 )

it's a concept study, not a product yet wink
Luap
! I think you are faster at replying to product threads than Mr Mutable! thumbs up
Silver
I thought I saw a 1u zeroscope somewhere too???
euromorcego
Silver wrote:

Intellijel showed a 1u scope based on the zeroscope ... he wants to turn it into a product (or so he said).
av500
euromorcego wrote:
Silver wrote:

Intellijel showed a 1u scope based on the zeroscope ... he wants to turn it into a product (or so he said).

smile
Silver
applause
so does this mean no DIY version of it though? or any chance there will be a pulp logic 1u format?
av500
Silver wrote:
applause
so does this mean no DIY version of it though? or any chance there will be a pulp logic 1u format?

I doubt IJ will make a pulp format 1U. as for DIY I cannot say at the moment. but it does not take readily available OLEDs on carrier PCBs anyway
euromorcego
Silver wrote:
applause

i'd also say an IJ DIY version is very very unlikely. But the IJ 1U modules can be easily adapted to pulplogic specs (all you need is a custom faceplate). Vice verse this is not possible.

So if the price of the IJ scope is good, it may be worthwhile to make a few custom panels.
av500
Updated the DIY BOM and build guide for the 2.2 version, this one moves the components from the back of the front panel to the main PCB. parts are more or less all the same. order away smile
gadgadasvara
hi guys,
i just got my kit from modular addict, i was about to assemble all the parts then i noticed there’s a different component between the BOM and the pre-installed one.
from the BOM version 1.3,
R12 : 330R
R14 : 10K
are pre-assembled. but when i looked at the board, it got installed different value, which are 2.2K at R12 and R14. am i missing some information regarding the board rev 1.4? (i couldn’t find any document about rev 1.4, only v1.3, and then v.2.2 in this forum). or is this a wrong pre-assembled resistor that i should change?
thank you.
gadgadasvara
nevermind then, i just emailed vladimir, and got a quick response. my bad about the 2.2K, it is 220R.

thanks so much!

here's his reply
Hi there,

it's not 2.2k but 220R and it's ok, it will work just fine. for both resistors the exact value does not matter

Regards,

Vladimir
muffjuiggler
av500 wrote:
Updated the DIY BOM and build guide for the 2.2 version, this one moves the components from the back of the front panel to the main PCB. parts are more or less all the same. order away smile

Hi

is the link on the firstpage to mousercart the updated bomlist??
i really do want to order the Zeroscope... but i have problems ordering the parts...

the Mouserparts on the firstsite link dont be manufactured anymore...

i would love to order all the parts needed on 1 site on the internet? (i have 4 parts from mouser 3-4 parts from tayda and so on)

is there a update possible on that link or can anybody give a hand to order the right parts?

Best Regards
av500
Mouser Cart updated:

https://www.mouser.com/ProjectManager/ProjectDetail.aspx?AccessID=f758 dfd583

for the 10uF, solder 2x 4.7uF on top of each other or get 10uF/16V or 25V from some other place...
muffjuiggler
thank you very much for this info... really preciated
Heliophile
Hi Vladimir,
I ordered these Schottky diodes. They are different from the ones listed in your Mouser cart, but will they work too? https://nl.mouser.com/ProductDetail/78-SSA23L-M35AT

So far I'm enjoying the build. It's my first SMD project, but I think I'm doing okay :-).
av500
should be fine It's peanut butter jelly time!
synthcube
very happy to make the pcb/panel sets available as well as full kits! thanks to vpme.de for collaborating with us!!

https://synthcube.com/cart/vpme-de-zerosccope?search=zeroscope&descrip tion=true
c0ntr4d1ct10n
Is there any possibility of buying just the pcb set without the panel?
av500
c0ntr4d1ct10n wrote:

you mean just the back PCB?
c0ntr4d1ct10n
av500 wrote:
c0ntr4d1ct10n wrote:

Yeh, so I could just cut my own panels.
secrethero303
Any updates on the Intellijel 1U version?
av500
c0ntr4d1ct10n wrote:
av500 wrote:
c0ntr4d1ct10n wrote:

Yeh, so I could just cut my own panels.

yes, but the OLED is soldered to the front PCB panel
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 15, 16, 17  Next [all]
Page 16 of 17