MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[ORDER] ZeroScope, 6hp scope that's almost not even there
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 [all]
Author [ORDER] ZeroScope, 6hp scope that's almost not even there
av500
secrethero303 wrote:
Any updates on the Intellijel 1U version?

not for me to answer smile
uwe
just built mine and it worked on first start. amazing little module.

one odd thing is that in triple tuner mode when I measure IN1 it also shows the frequency as T. Not quite the same but very close, probably because T goes through the transistor and not the op amp. If I plug something else into T it measures that correctly.

Just wanted to see if that's normal or not. My PCB is v2.1 and the firmware is 1.6.
av500
yes, CH1 is normalled to the EXT input, this is from the time when there was only the single tuner on EXT...
Evces
I must be missing something.

It seems the v2.2 BOM has capacitors 22p (x2), 1u (x1), and .1u (x5).

Whereas the currrent Mouser cart has capacitors 22p (x2), 1u(x1), 100n [=.1u] (x5), and 4.7u (x6).

Are the six 4.7u capacitors no longer needed, or accidentally missing from the BOM?

Yep ,it's my first real build. Thanks in advance for the teachable moment.
av500
the 6x 4.7uF were to replace the 3x 10uF when these were hard to get. by soldering two of each on top of each other...
Evces
Thanks! I remember that post now. It didn't mean anything to.me at the time smile. Sure am looking forward to MW search working again.
Mr_Mojo_Risin
av500 wrote:
spoor wrote:
I've built 2 - one works perfectly - am really pleased - a very satisfying build.

On the other one: I can't get Dual / Single / X/Y to work (Freq is fine). I get a 'T?' error bottom left, and each channel has a flat line in mid position at anything below 100ms. At 100ms and above, the flat lines shift to just above the 3rd grid line, but that's it.

Anything obvious that I'm missing? (So far I've only re-flowed and checked for bridges)

T? means there is no trigger detected. looks to me like the analog input channels are not working. if you have a scope you could check the signal at the output of the opamp, R2 and R4 (pads facing the opamp) can easily be accessed from the side even with the jacks PCB mounted. also check the polarity of D2 and the voltage at R13/C3 should read -2.5V

if you just plug a cable into CH1 and CH2, the voltage at R2 and R4 should be around 1.65V

I had the same issues as OP spoor: Flat line below 100ms and a 'T?' error bottom left.
I resoldered R2, R4, D2 etc. with no results.
Finally got it working after cleaning & removing extremely small amounts of flux from all components which are packed closely together (which is pretty much the entire board)
av500
Mouser cart updated with 3x 10uF, now that the MLCC crisis seems over wink
jepcheckII
I got a 2.2 kit in from Synthcube -- the 100nF C6, C9 & C31 caps weren't prepopulated -- the Mouser cart has 5 of them in there, but looks like people will need 6 of them if the board isn't prepopulated. I have spares on hand, so no problem. Not sure if that's how boards go out now in general, if so the BOM and guide may need an update. Can't wait to put it together!
av500
oops, sorry about that sad banana they should have been soldered...
jepcheckII
No worries!
johndifool
hello folks,
just a quick question:
would it be a problem, if i use 0603 resistors all over, except the 0805?!
probably not, but just asking because of the slight difference in wattage!
thx
av500
johndifool wrote:
hello folks,
just a quick question:
would it be a problem, if i use 0603 resistors all over, except the 0805?!
probably not, but just asking because of the slight difference in wattage!
thx

that's fine! smile you might want to use the 0805 10uF since they are $$$ in 0603
johndifool
Great, thx for the reply!
Also the LM4040 Vref listed in the Bom/mouser cart is unavailable at the moment.
can it be substituted with this? cant find a difference in the datasheet...

https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/LM4040CIM3X-25-N OPB?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuBck1X%252B7j9fFxOFMTVQaIHz7vF5NjNL%252BI%3D
av500
johndifool wrote:
Great, thx for the reply!
Also the LM4040 Vref listed in the Bom/mouser cart is unavailable at the moment.
can it be substituted with this? cant find a difference in the datasheet...

https://www.mouser.at/ProductDetail/Texas-Instruments/LM4040CIM3X-25-N OPB?qs=sGAEpiMZZMuBck1X%252B7j9fFxOFMTVQaIHz7vF5NjNL%252BI%3D

yup, thats fine
johndifool
Very nice build! worked first try. and super useful module you designed! thx
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17 [all]
Page 17 of 17