MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

[Stocked] Noise! pcb / kit
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Author [Stocked] Noise! pcb / kit
FetidEye
Hi!

I've made a noise source, called "ReverseLandfill Noise!"
It's my first design. It uses CMOS ic's, Lunetta style.

The Synth has 4 squarewave oscillators that modulate each other,
go through a clock divider and are mixed together to create harsh noise and random control voltage. It also has a pseudo ringmod and a extensive patchbay to route the 12 clockdivider outputs to OUT2 (ringmod) or OUT3 (direct out)
The sounds fluctuate and change over time.

Noise! has got 4 knobs for frequency, 4 CV inputs, 3 outputs (audio rate noise, cmos ringmod and cv random) and several modding possibilities.
With the CV4 input you can gate the noise, so it becomes a percussive voice that can sync with drums.
All pots act as attenuators for the CV input.

sound clips playlist:
[soundcloud url="https://api.soundcloud.com/playlists/189248166" params="auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_use r=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true" width="100%" height="450" iframe="true" /]

It has an Eurorack power footprint and a battery connection if you want to make a standalone version.

And I've made a wooden panel too smile

more info, build guide, sounds, etc:
http://reverselandfill.org/modular.html

The new PCB's are in!
Options:
PCB: 8,- euro
panel: 10,- euro
Eurorack full kit: 40,- euro
9v full kit: 40,- euro
build module: 80,- euro

+ shipping.

PM me if you want one!

Amer1231
interested but i've thrown so much cash this month i need to stap!
geecen
Sounds cool!
acgenerator
I saw these on errorinstruments which has additional demos for other interested parties.

Also FetidEye the official website is having trouble loading States-side.... "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
FetidEye
acgenerator wrote:
I saw these on errorinstruments which has additional demos for other interested parties.

Also FetidEye the official website is having trouble loading States-side.... "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"

I'm on it, mailed my host

errorinstruments has made some video's:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GALqJxUkgHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqZDbmOCOg0
das_Produkt
You are in the Netherlands, I presume?

Could you estimate the shipping rates to Germany?
lasesentaysiete
ordered the pcb+panel a few weeks ago from Martijn, and completed the build a few days ago. Very straightforward and inexpensive build. Nice quality on the pcb and panel, too. I chose the green one (not sure if there are any pics of it?)

And the sound... well, very too noise! SlayerBadger!
Abigfatcat
Awesome board! The timing patch bay is brilliant. nanners

Quick demo right after I built it. Sorry about the vert video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bjzyAHjtr18
Grumskiz
One PCB for me!
FetidEye
Grumskiz wrote:
One PCB for me!

Please PM me for orders w00t

pic of the green acryl panel (I got 3 of these left)
FetidEye
das_Produkt wrote:
You are in the Netherlands, I presume?

Could you estimate the shipping rates to Germany?

3,- euro for the pcb only, with the panel it is 4,- euro
masterofstuff124
Bought the pcb! reading through the build docs I have some questions. both y1 and y2 have three solder points. Even though in the docs you specify connecting two patch points to either y1 or y2 im curious about connecting more. Do they just correlate to the two outputs? what about running them all out to patch points(3.5mm) and all the Y's to patchpoints. maybe they would have no use at other places within my modular? another interesting idea I had would be to connect all 12 of the division points to spdt switches. randomly flipping ones from center to make interesting combinations to either y1 or y2. would be cool to have a module with so many switches lol.
FetidEye
hi

the patch points are a fun extra part of this synth.
If you patch them together, the sound will fluctuate and become unpredictable. the large divisions make ritmic sounds.

the Y inputs have 3 pads, because you can connect more than one divider output to them.
You can indeed make a expander where you can patch all outputs (or several) to these Y input points.

The divider outputs cannot be directly patched to other modules in your system, you have to add some parts (resistor + capacitor) to make it safe. Internal patching is ok.

A friend of mine used a lot of toggle switches, so that works too smile
I've made a performance version with momentary switches, that is fun !
oberkorn
received my PCB today smile
j_p_higgins
got mine today, brilliant module. applause
masterofstuff124
i really like mine. great for generating some really strange CV source or noise. adds some other worldly modulation to my setup. still not really sure how to use the cv ins. maybe i should try clocking them and see if i can get more rhythmic things going.
djamsia
Hello...
shortly, I will start the construction of "Reverse Landfill Noise!
but I have a question:
it's a good idea put a selector between internal patch holes?
and make these are selectable?

thanks!!!
masterofstuff124
I put every division on the center pole of a two way(onoffon) switch. That way I can mix and match which ones go to which outputs. I can also have all the switches In center position and the module makes nothing. Which IMO makes it a very fun and interactive module. It's not essential though. I really just wanted a module with that many switches! So far I've only used it as a mod source but my large switching array makes it very fun to use. This module is very versatile and I don't think I've even scratched the surface. I do know I want more CMOS lunetta stuff though. It's great!
FetidEye
djamsia wrote:
Hello...
shortly, I will start the construction of "Reverse Landfill Noise!
but I have a question:
it's a good idea put a selector between internal patch holes?
and make these are selectable?

thanks!!!

yes, that sounds like a good plan wink
av500
ordered PCB and panel today, let's make noise great again!
ehafh
sent a PM, looks like a fun build
Goosecheese
Rockin! How much for Australia?
falafelbiels

I scorched a panel for it today.
This is a V1 but I used the experimental area to set up CV inputs à la V2.
The divisions are on 3 position switches.

I like it a lot!
FetidEye
HEY! cool design smile
tof man
FetidEye
Goosecheese wrote:
Rockin! How much for Australia?

that depends on what you want, kit or pcb etc.

pm me for details
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next [all]
Page 1 of 4