MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Introducing ADDAC221 & ADDAC222 CV-to-MIDI modules
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Author Introducing ADDAC221 & ADDAC222 CV-to-MIDI modules
Sinamsis
Ha yes, Digitakt. Sorry for the shorthand.
propertyof
there's new firmware update for 222!

Quote:
We've just released a new Firmware Update for our ADDAC222 CV TO NOTES!

You can download it from the module's page:
http://addacsystem.com/product/addac200-series/addac222

Last update version: B_0, February, 7th, 2018

B_0 changes log:
.Added a 3rd Mode for notes output: Gate Follower with Sustain:
. Notes On/Off will follow the respective channel Gate input, When the Gate is On the note will become active and inactive when Gate drops to Off.
. Sustain will allow to hold the notes played ignoring the Gate off signal

New Control Mapping:
. All Notes Off = GATE On/Off Input
. Notes Off Buttons and Inputs = Sustain

.Also corrected some issues with holding notes when changing midi channels and number of voices.

It's peanut butter jelly time!
Sinamsis
Nice, I updated the module without incident (I believe). I was really scratching my head trying to find something that was non metallic and small enough to get to the teensy board but rigid enough to all me to depress the button. I ended up folding a business card a couple times and using that. Worked like a charm. Is it supposed to play some animation to let you know the load was a success? Teensy loader said it was ok. But I don't have a ton of experience with it, other than with OC and TU. So I still have no f'ing clue what I'm doing with this module. Because there's no fucking manual. And you'd think it's self explanatory, but I guess I'm just too stupid to surmise how to actually use the fucking thing. So can anyone tell me how to change modes and access this third mode. I can't say I really know what's happening when I use the 222, but for the most part I like what I hear.

ADDAC System
Press and hold all four buttons on the module for a few seconds to swap modes. There are three modes, each one with distinct visual representation on the button:

i) Unlit button, automatic mode, the module will change (fire) notes when it detects a change in CV

ii) Lit button, the module requires a gate at the All Notes Off input to fire the note. A Note Off is fired when a new note is fired or when a gate is received at the NoteOff input.

iii) Blinking button, the module requires a gate at the All Notes Off input. NoteOn is fired for the duration of the Gate. NoteOff input acts as a hold, which is super useful, especially when using a track in 3-6 voices.

w00t
revoltcrews
Quick inquiry regarding the 222:

Site says it can send to up to 9 midi channels.
I was trying to send Midi to 4 midi channels. but it doesn't seem to work..

the Digitone's 4 tracks are each on their own Midi channel..channels 1-4.

Basically,
Stillson Hammer-> 222 > Digitone
I can send the 1st 3 channels fine via the 222, all set to Ch1 and Bank A.
But i can't pick a 4th channel on the 222.

Is there something i'm missing. Or are we basically limited to Midi Ch 1-3 regardless of what channel on the 222?
damase
revoltcrews wrote:

Basically,

Is there something i'm missing. Or are we basically limited to Midi Ch 1-3 regardless of what channel on the 222?

Midi channel 4 would be Bank B/Ch1

By default on the 222
Bank A is 1-3
B is 4-6
C is 7-9
revoltcrews
damase wrote:
revoltcrews wrote:

Basically,

Midi channel 4 would be Bank B/Ch1

By default on the 222
Bank A is 1-3
B is 4-6
C is 7-9

ahh interesting. i did not know this.
so on the 222 i set CV Input 1 to Channel 1 , Bank B = Midi Channel 4 ?

But your description would entail using ch 2 bank b, you said: "B is 4-6"
its a wee confusing.
damase
Bank A Ch1 = midi Ch 1
Bank A Ch2 = midi Ch 2
Bank A Ch3 = midi Ch 3
Bank B Ch1 = midi Ch 4
Bank B Ch2 = midi Ch 5
Bank B Ch3 = midi Ch 6
Bank C Ch1 = midi Ch 7
Bank C Ch2 = midi Ch 8
Bank C Ch3 = midi Ch 9

w00t
revoltcrews
damase wrote:
Bank A Ch1 = midi Ch 1
Bank A Ch2 = midi Ch 2
Bank A Ch3 = midi Ch 3
Bank B Ch1 = midi Ch 4
Bank B Ch2 = midi Ch 5
Bank B Ch3 = midi Ch 6
Bank C Ch1 = midi Ch 7
Bank C Ch2 = midi Ch 8
Bank C Ch3 = midi Ch 9

w00t

this. SlayerBadger! Thank you! You're awesome It's peanut butter jelly time! Rockin' Banana! w00t screaming goo yo
revoltcrews
thanks again damase cool

Sequencing the new Digitone w/ Stillson Hammer Mkii via the 222 is just amazing!

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf49TabAjXs/?taken-by=sunfallsmusic
damase
revoltcrews wrote:
thanks again damase cool

Sequencing the new Digitone w/ Stillson Hammer Mkii via the 222 is just amazing!

Nice! That Digitone is amazing and such the right price to pair with these. My bandmate and I have set up a simple wogglebug burst>quantizer to an OB6 and it was entrancing, could have listened to it play for hours. These modules ended up being a bit more of a rabbit hole than i anticipated so i havent completed the vision for full usage yet...
Pretty soon ill have my new sequencing rack to house my z8000 and addac222/221/207 so that i can start sending 4 midi channels to the analog channels on my Alphabase. To say im excited is a ridiculous understatement
revoltcrews
damase wrote:
revoltcrews wrote:
thanks again damase cool

Nice! That Digitone is amazing and such the right price to pair with these. My bandmate and I have set up a simple wogglebug burst>quantizer to an OB6 and it was entrancing, could have listened to it play for hours. These modules ended up being a bit more of a rabbit hole than i anticipated so i havent completed the vision for full usage yet...
Pretty soon ill have my new sequencing rack to house my z8000 and addac222/221/207 so that i can start sending 4 midi channels to the analog channels on my Alphabase. To say im excited is a ridiculous understatement

nice. that sounds fun.. yeah the 222/ob6 combo is amazing. i need to get the 221 CC companion module now as well.
Sinamsis
Not sure if I mentioned this but OC and TU are great companions to these modules. Turing machine would be good too.
revoltcrews
Side not inquiry:

can you run the 1/8" midi out and USB midi out at the same time to control 2 ext synths ?
or should i get a midi thru box ?
revoltcrews
new firmware for the 222 is super cool!

heres the 1st jam in the new mode 3:

all sounds ala Digitone meets DLD via Varigate 8 + Stillson Hammer

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bf9zmc3gYAa/?taken-by=sunfallsmusic
Sinamsis
Sequencing the Modal 002 with the 222.

ADDAC System
Sinamsis wrote:
Sequencing the Modal 002 with the 222.

screaming goo yo screaming goo yo
revoltcrews
perhaps i'm missing something. or its just not working properly.

Stillson Hammer -> 222 -> Digitone.

Quick question. does the 222 send proper clock/transport information ?

So, i have the midi plugged into digitone, when fire off the stillson hammer, it does Not start the Digitone’s internal sequencer

(yes, i have Clock Receive enabled on the Digitone)
Sinamsis
revoltcrews wrote:

So, i have the midi plugged into digitone, when fire off the stillson hammer, it does Not start the Digitone’s internal sequencer

the 222 is just for CV to MIDI note data. So I'm not sure how you would convert an analog clock to MIDI clock with it (by I'm not sure I mean you can't).

Guilty confession, I have not fully explored my 221 except for basic CC. Ha, which is embarrassing because I've had it since it was released. I guess I just put it on the back burner. But I know it can convert triggers to MIDI data, could it possibly be programmed to accept analog clock signals and convert them to MIDI clock?
revoltcrews
Sinamsis wrote:
revoltcrews wrote:

the 222 is just for CV to MIDI note data. So I'm not sure how you would convert an analog clock to MIDI clock with it (by I'm not sure I mean you can't).

Guilty confession, I have not fully explored my 221 except for basic CC. Ha, which is embarrassing because I've had it since it was released. I guess I just put it on the back burner. But I know it can convert triggers to MIDI data, could it possibly be programmed to accept analog clock signals and convert them to MIDI clock?

ahh got it. i figured. just needed clarification.
so now i need to get a-
cv clock to midi clock module, and a Midi Merge box.
so i can take the clock & 222 patched in to the digitone/ob6
Paranormal Patroler
It's easier than it sounds. Ladik has a nice Clock,to MIDI clock module. I plug it on the 222s MIDI input when I want the receiving device to get a MIDI clock.

You don't need a merging device, the 222 does that for you!
Sinamsis
Or a 221 and use the Digitone as your master. I assume you want the SH as your master clock so you can modulate it. With the 221 I assume you could modulate the Digitones clock among other things. I might be wrong about that though, I’m assuming there’s a CC assignment for that. You’d also be able to modulate a lot more. Haha just saying.
revoltcrews
Paranormal Patroler wrote:
It's easier than it sounds. Ladik has a nice Clock,to MIDI clock module. I plug it on the 222s MIDI input when I want the receiving device to get a MIDI clock.

ah!!! thats the solution then smile SlayerBadger! screaming goo yo w00t
talking bout this one right: http://ladik.ladik.eu/?page_id=861

cheers!
Sinamsis
I guess the other thing is this.... the SH puts out an analog clock. But I don't think it sends a run signal does it? Or maybe it does. I recently got one and I haven't fully learned it.
revoltcrews
Paranormal Patroler wrote:

curious as to your settings on the ladik m-330 module.
1st mode ?
2nd mode ?
the write up is a bit vague.

"in first mode are clocks sent to MIDI independently of current “running state” (MIDI clocks and divided clock out are active everytime). Starting slaved MIDI devices requires start (or cont) trig.
in second mode are clocks sent to MIDI only if current “running state” is running (MIDI clocks and divided clock out are active only after “Start” or “Continue” – system is running, MIDI clocks and divided clocks are not sent after “Stop” – stopped system)"

and this: "Current clock division ratio is selectable by short button press cyclically (with or without triplets).".
Does this apply to the Divided clock output or the MIDI output.

when i try to use either 1st or 2nd mode. the digitone clock runs, but is like:
inconsistent - run run run .. then it runs fast a few steps, and then run run run.

it repeats in this fashion. never being a fluid clock.
and on the digitone tempo page, i can see the clock jumping from 120 to 70 to 120 to 140 to 70 ... its odd behaviour.

can you offer any advice Paranormal Patroler ?
is there a specific setting on the 222 i need ?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> ADDAC System Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next [all]
Page 7 of 9