MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

E-Licktronic Nava 909 clone
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Author E-Licktronic Nava 909 clone
nologin
stevesavage wrote:
Yeah this does look great! Can't wait to see more of it!
I've had a 9090 for years now and was one of the lucky ones to also have the sequencer kit, but not really used it due to never finishing a decent case....

Such same situation, it has been 4 years that I have MB909 without case and i can not use because of that. d'oh! I think the only way to solve the problem is to manufacture the boxes ourselves. hihi
It's just something make noise at home occasionally, can not be used outside. And yet difficult to test with something without box and electric wires everywhere.
I'm building a nava, it will be completed before the MB909.
But i believe that one day MB909 will be something good.
truman_k
Wow, this sounds great. But I have no knowledge on DIY and electronic stuff. Can anyone tell me, where I find some skillful builder to assemble one for me?
Luap
truman_k wrote:
Wow, this sounds great. But I have no knowledge on DIY and electronic stuff. Can anyone tell me, where I find some skillful builder to assemble one for me?

Look in the sticky threads here.. There is a "DIY Builders for hire" thread there thumbs up
nologin
I have a kit, i'll make a special version with lots of mods. I'll put a lcd of another color, two FX fuzz inside and many other mods. My goal is to fill the empty space with potentiometers. I built after September. Is there anyone who finished hers and is fully functional?
Rowan
nologin wrote:
I have a kit, i'll make a special version with lots of mods. I'll put a lcd of another color, two FX fuzz inside and many other mods. My goal is to fill the empty space with potentiometers. I built after September. Is there anyone who finished hers and is fully functional?

I've finished mine, just waiting on the case to become available. I have also got the Nava's big brother, a Yocto. They play great together.

I do have one issue with the Nava, it doesn't respond to MIDI notes from an external device. For me this is a problem as I like to sequence with my MBSEQ V4 and my modular, using a trigger to MIDI converter.

Hopefully there's a firmware update not to far away that corrects the bug, other than that I'm very happy with it.
nologin
I asked because it is a time that the first two batches were distributed and there is no real demo video. So you tell me that the firmware is not optimized? There is only that the bug that is not controlled by external seq?

I also build a yocto is the one with a larger metal case than the others and with a row of additional potentiometer. Perhaps you have already seen it.

I also have a MB909, a colleague made me a case, i traded him against spare parts and assistance for its MB909. I will get this in 3 days, i waited too long a case, 4 years! So last year i wanted a design myself, but i did not have the budget for a case unit.

Soon I will have two pure clones TR 909. My dream will come true. SlayerBadger!
Rowan
This is the only bug I have come across that effects my use case. It works fine from the internal sequencer and syncs fine to MIDI clock. I got mine off the first batch and took about 20 hours to build. It was easier to build than the Yocto.

I also have a MB909, I have build the sequencer section and still have the TR9090 PCBs still in my backlog. I don't think I'll ever get round to building it now I've build the Nava...... There to many other cool to projects out there.
Sir Ruff
Anyone know if anyone is selling fully built kits yet? Would love to buy one, but definitely do not have the building ability.
Altitude909
I'm doing commission builds, pm for info
Sir Ruff
Altitude909 wrote:
I'm doing commission builds, pm for info

Cool sent a PM!
GryphonP3
I'm building two for myself right now, and once I've seen how they turn out, I could do commission jobs if Altitude909 is too busy Guinness ftw!
Check Mate
I got my case earlier this week and I finshed the NAVA today.

...only Altitudes knobs are missing now...
Altitude909
^
Post pics when they get there. The Sifam knobs dont work on the NAVA
LED-man
stainers
It looks so weird that the knobs are so far from the sequencer.
I don't get it, practically or aesthetically. It's actually something that puts me off jumping in.
Is the distance something you notice when playing round with it?
synthdude
stainers wrote:
I don't get it, practically or aesthetically. It's actually something that puts me off jumping in.

Yea I agree. Im not sure why he did it that way. I would have kept it like the original. Either way I still have to have one since I'm obsessed with all the vintage Roland gear. Im almost done with mine.
JanneI
synthdude wrote:
stainers wrote:

Yea I agree. Im not sure why he did it that way. I would have kept it like the original. Either way I still have to have one since I'm obsessed with all the vintage Roland gear. Im almost done with mine.

I think it was the pcb that forced it to that direction.
Altitude909
synthdude wrote:
stainers wrote:

the original has the control surface as a separate board which sits above the voice board which would have made this WAY more complicated..
mOBiTh
A bigger NAVA logo would solve the gap issue imo

I seem to be hopeless at getting on these enclosure waiting lists for some reason :(
synthdude
Well most of the drum machine could have been smd and that way it could have been smaller and without that huge gap, but that would have been too much to ask diy'ers to build. Its already a daunting build.
kodek
LED-man wrote:

Awesome pots caps on your build! eek! eek! eek!
Any tips on where to find theese? Thanks.
Altitude909
kodek wrote:

Here: http://goo.gl/forms/jZfzO2cjzdhlhAEv2

I had them custom made but am doing a second bulk order
kodek
Altitude909 wrote:
kodek wrote:

Here: http://goo.gl/forms/jZfzO2cjzdhlhAEv2

I had them custom made but am doing a second bulk order

Awesome! Thanks. w00t
mOBiTh
also awesome! sent you my details mate smile
computer controlled
Looks like these are currently unavailable for the moment. What was the cost of the kit?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Tech DIY Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next [all]
Page 2 of 5