MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pioneer TORAIZ SP-16 Sampler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next [all]
Author Pioneer TORAIZ SP-16 Sampler
Panason
Oh cool. I was doing something similar with setting a square LFO on the velocity of individual hits to get them to not sound every time, so that I can get similar results to using the periodic trigs on the Elektron boxes, ie variations within a 4 bar loop. it's a little fiddly as you have to set the LFO phase and speed just right.
dubonaire
Has anyone come across this problem?

I can't turn off the internal sequencer and sync and run/stop externally. The tempo indicator is greyed out when I select the MIDI sync option but that is the only change that happens.
Panason
Have you gone through all the settings?
dubonaire
Panason wrote:
Have you gone through all the settings?

Unless I'm mistaken, only one setting needs to be changed.
Panason
Nooo, there's 4 relevant settings! MIDI interface select (DIN or USB) , Sync source select, Start/stop enable and Sync enable. Dead Banana
DiscoDevil
dubonaire wrote:

I can't turn off the internal sequencer and sync and run/stop externally. The tempo indicator is greyed out when I select the MIDI sync option but that is the only change that happens.

What is MIDI I/F SELECT set to? Try switching between DIN MIDI and DIN MIDI THRU H/W and see if that makes a difference.
dubonaire
DiscoDevil wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

What is MIDI I/F SELECT set to? Try switching between DIN MIDI and DIN MIDI THRU H/W and see if that makes a difference.

Thanks! I did. I was hoping you might have a solution because I'd describe you as a super user. Really weird. It was working fine. I actually hadn't turned it on for a few months because I've been busy making samples for it and turned it on last weekend and found this. (My available time makes this a slow process.) In my live set it will be the master, but for what I'm doing at the moment which is kind of finessing the set around the samples with some additional sounds being driven by a Cirklon I really want it to be the slave.
DiscoDevil
dubonaire wrote:
DiscoDevil wrote:
dubonaire wrote:

Thanks! I did. I was hoping you might have a solution because I'd describe you as a super user. Really weird. It was working fine. I actually hadn't turned it on for a few months because I've been busy making samples for it and turned it on last weekend and found this. (My available time makes this a slow process.) In my live set it will be the master, but for what I'm doing at the moment which is kind of finessing the set around the samples with some additional sounds being driven by a Cirklon I really want it to be the slave.

Maybe backup all your projects and do a factory reset on it?

Factory reset is "page 12" using the back and home buttons to move between pages.
dubonaire
DiscoDevil wrote:

Factory reset is "page 12" using the back and home buttons to move between pages.

Thanks! That's a good idea, I'll try that. I did try re-installing the last OS but that didn't help, hadn't actually thought to do a factory reset.
dubonaire
I tried the factory reset, and it didn't really behave like it actually did a factory reset. I got the second screen below instantaneously, and when I turned it off and on again it was in exactly the same state as before I tried to do the reset, with version 1.50, all the samples and projects available and the last project loaded.

Do you have a copy of the service manual and if so would you mind sharing it? I missed the chance of downloading it when it was available.

Panason
Hope you got it sorted, Dubs.

I finally came round to trying remote control of patterns... This is done wth CC32 which is a "bank select" message in the archaic world of MIDI....

I was flummoxed before because Ableton Live's MIDI CC menu in the clip envelope box doesn't offer CC32... but recently someone on that awful GS forum mentioned that CC32 is sent out by Live from the Program Change box in the clip launch options.

I tried it out and found that entering values in the actual "Program" field does nothing. You need to input the pattern number in the "Sub" field. I've also been inputting the Scene number in the "Bank" field but haven't tried changing scenes with that yet.

Thankfully the timing is good and the SP16 responds instantly to these messages. It looks like you can even change patterns quite rapidly and not just on whole bar steps, if you set the Pattern quantize setting to "step" This is fun!
dubonaire
[quote="Panason"]Hope you got it sorted, Dubs./quote]

Thanks! No I haven't. Will see if contacting Pioneer DJ will help.
revtor
New firmware is out.
Big change - 2fx slots per track
Some MIDI things.. not sure about the details here.
No delete samples..!!?

2 effects is nice at least!
-Steve
Panason
Thanks for heads up...

Ok , the only substantial improvement here is the second FX slot.

The rest is pretty meh.. unless they fixed the sync issue when using lots of timestretched samples that DiscoDevil reported.

Multiple tracks can now be assigned to the same MIDI channel using the MIDI IN channel settings.
MIDI-related sync and performance settings.
Now able to use an underscore on the software keyboard hoorray!

Such a nice keyboard, shame we can't use it to name MIDI tracks or CC assignments...etc etc.
Still no step copy.... just WHY.

I wonder if the touch strip bug that was introduced by 1.50 has been fixed.
DiscoDevil
From what I gather, MIDI data is now correctly passed THRU from input to outputs on all tracks!!! I'd have been happy with just that. A 2nd FX slot is MAJOR. Feel like going home sick from work to install!
djthopa
Thanks for the head ups on the update!
Panason
It's a nice surprise and good to see they haven't quite abandoned the machine.
poppinger
Cool! Just last night I was idly poking around the Pioneer website to see if there had been any updates recently.
dubnspace
price dropped to $899!
https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-PIO-TSP16-LIST
DiscoDevil
dubnspace wrote:
price dropped to $899!
https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-PIO-TSP16-LIST

Whoa. Sounds like firesale. I'd guess this is the last update we'll see and the end of the SP-16 unless they're doing a MK2.
DiscoDevil
The sad thing is, if they had just released the damned thing without all this headache or had put together updates in a more timely manner, they'd have sold so many more of them and not had people screaming at them for 3 years.
h4ndcrafted
Who’d buy one new now with so many on eBay ?

It’s a pitty, it’s really well built and the pads are nice. What a cock up, it has a lot going for it compared to the comp. Woudnt it be great if somebody did a mpc1000 on it.
revtor
Didn’t pioneer spin the Toraiz brand off to another company? Something along these lines within the past year or so.. 899 is great for what you get w/1.6, just wish the MIDI input/recording side of things would be been worked out a bit better..

Still a sick jamming machine 10000%!!

Steve
dubonaire
revtor wrote:
Didn’t pioneer spin the Toraiz brand off to another company? Something along these lines within the past year or so..

No.Pioneer DJ is for sale though, probably to another PE Fund.
d2ba
https://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-PIO-DJS1000-PAK
DJS-1000 is also a good deal at $1019
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 21, 22, 23  Next [all]
Page 22 of 23