MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Pioneer TORAIZ SP-16 Sampler
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 [all]
Author Pioneer TORAIZ SP-16 Sampler
dubonaire
DiscoDevil Firmware update fixed my MIDI Sync Source problem smile
DiscoDevil
dubonaire wrote:
DiscoDevil Firmware update fixed my MIDI Sync Source problem smile

Right on! I am in shock that they fixed the midi thru. I had given up on that.
h4ndcrafted
Is the stutter bug fixed using midi clock ?

If you start the sequence from the SP while using midi clock, you get a double hit.
Panason
Does the touch strip's retrigger effect work properly on the new OS? I heard it had some trouble with some quantization values under OS1.5?
onthebandwagon
Do any members own both an SP-16 and Deluge?
lmixl
Thinking of sequencing a Nord Drum 3 with the sp16...Would that work out?
Anyone elese using same setup for sequencing modules with the sp16?
DiscoDevil
lmixl wrote:
Thinking of sequencing a Nord Drum 3 with the sp16...Would that work out?
Anyone elese using same setup for sequencing modules with the sp16?

Would work as long as you're ok with using up a track for each instrument sound in the Nord Drum.
xonetacular
ok for someone who hasnt paid attention to this in a couple years can someone give me cliff notes pros/cons of the sp-16 now?
Panason
This thread and the GS thread have it fully covered.

Bad:
No zero point crossing for sample slicing- clicks must be dealt with using the amp envelope
Needs computer to really manage the samples and do proper editing (like all similar boxes)
No sequencer track mutes, only audio mutes
No individual step copy paste, only whole bar (or pattern) copy/paste- this one is a real bitch
Not fully polyphonic MIDI sequencing

Good:
Best sound
Best ease of use
Best hardware quality
Does not crash, doesn't have weird bugs
Is not Elektron
DiscoDevil
Pros:

It's the greatest sampling drum machine ever made.

Cons:

It's a sampling drum machine and needs some help if it's going to be your main MIDI sequencer.
onthebandwagon
Panason wrote:

Bad:
No zero point crossing for sample slicing- clicks must be dealt with using the amp envelope
Needs computer to really manage the samples and do proper editing (like all similar boxes)
No individual step copy paste, only whole bar (or pattern) copy/paste- this one is a real bitch

Good:
Best sound
Best ease of use
Best hardware quality
Is not Elektron

Is the Deluge as reliant on a computer for sample editing etc.?
dubonaire
onthebandwagon wrote:
Panason wrote:

Bad:

Good:
Best sound
Best ease of use
Best hardware quality
Is not Elektron

Is the Deluge as reliant on a computer for sample editing etc.?

I personally wouldn't want to do sample editing with a machine that shows you the sample waveform so crudely. You might be ok with this:

SP-16 has a good sample display and I find the editing functions well designed. I'm not sure any machine is going to be able to process samples as easily as software does now, we've been spoilt.

Also I find hardware versions of a piano roll opaque.

I don't find not being able to copy notes a problem but midi sequencing is not my primary use for the SP-16. You can always use record to drop individual notes in anyway.

I don't think it was ever meant to be a midi sequencer and I would not get one for that purpose.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> General Gear Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 [all]
Page 23 of 23