MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

piston overflow
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Author piston overflow
attacksustain
something has been bugging me for a while.

If I take certain inputs and plug them into the right wavetable cv input, sometimes the signal goes high enough that it seems to 'overflow', and the left wavetable number changes.

for eg, if I take an LFO, it sweeps from 00 to 0F, and then jumps to 4F

I can work around this by attenuating the input, but it seems odd to me that it would affect the left value at all.

Was this an intentional side-effect ? Or is it a firmware glitch ?
HeWhoWantsJeans
From my understanding, this is either a glitch or a feature (depending on how you look at it).
governor blacksnake
It's a consequence of the ADC multiplexor used in the Piston. Keep the inputs between 0 and 5 volts and you should be fine.
Exuviae
Question: is "exploiting" this behavior going to hurt the module? It does produce some cool results sometimes.
theglyph
This happens on mine without the CV inputs. The right knob changes the left/bank value. It's changes it more when the bigger morph discontinuity knob is more clockwise (i.e. the right wave knob interacts with the big discontinuity knob changing the value of the left/bank). For example they will change bank 00 to bank 04 when at their extreme/clockwise and the left/bank knob fully counterclockwise.
felix
theglyph wrote:
This happens on mine without the CV inputs. The right knob changes the left/bank value. It's changes it more when the bigger morph discontinuity knob is more clockwise (i.e. the right wave knob interacts with the big discontinuity knob changing the value of the left/bank). For example they will change bank 00 to bank 04 when at their extreme/clockwise and the left/bank knob fully counterclockwise.

Same here.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> The Harvestman  
Page 1 of 1