MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Trans. Superladder Filter 3U Issue 3 offboard connections
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Author Trans. Superladder Filter 3U Issue 3 offboard connections
trimix
So I've worked out how all the offboard pots and sockets are handwired and connections are made to the 8 pin headers AUD and CV.
But there is a section of the Builders Guide which has me stumped... hmmm.....
Page 12 (bottom paragraph):
"...The pads in box labelled I/O at the bottom of the board are mainly provided for the 1U version, but you will need to use four of these pads too. These will be pads 5 and 7 which connect to the module ground..."

Is there anything left to connect to these pads? ... Pin 1 is the ground lead common to all sockets (Panel ground)... Pad 6 in Main Audio Out, ...Pad 2 is Resonance CV Input.... I can't find anything else to connect to 5 and 7 - it's all accounted for. But the paragraph alludes to the fact that 4 pads are used.
I'm rather stopped up. seriously, i just don't get it
Synthbuilder
Pins 5 and 7 are the module ground. These do not have to be used but I tend to connect the NC lugs of all input sockets to module ground. This prevents any stray noise pick up when no plug is inserted into that socket.

In the 1U version pins 5 and 7 are connected to the NC lugs of the FREQ and RES CV input sockets. In the 3U version I recommend joining the NC lugs of the four audio input sockets together and then to pin 5, and the NC lugs of the five CV input sockets together and then joining them to pin 7.

You can join the NC lugs by either making a wire frame or by individual wires. However, it does get rather complex and it's not really that necessary to do all of them. If you are going to do just a few, audio input 4 should be one of them.

Tony
trimix
Very nice! Thanks for the quick response, Tony!
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Oakley Sound Systems  
Page 1 of 1