MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Author Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?
Robscorch
Yeap Whinger Shawn has been nothing but rock star for me. Also I will say many retailers are not shipping to Brazil and a few other south American countries right now because of the hot bed of issues going on right now. It's a sad unfortunate state, but it does happen and for now things just generally aren't safe for a package regardless of any perceived or known value regardless in these parts. I would venture a guess that probably 20-30 percent of the packages received in port never make it past the third stop and that is only if it can make the second.
Doctorin' the Tardis
Nelson Baboon
So, any news? Has it arrived?
listentoaheartbeat
Nelson Baboon wrote:
So, any news? Has it arrived?


Probably a few more weeks to go..

Bataserpa wrote:
The order was shipped on May 21 and it is on the way (i check it in the post office system). [...]

I will let you guys know when i get it. Just note it will take time because, even the package arrived here, customs procedures in Brazil are extremely slow to get the final destination (sometimes takes 3 to 4 weeks).
Nelson Baboon
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
So, any news? Has it arrived?


Probably a few more weeks to go..

Bataserpa wrote:
The order was shipped on May 21 and it is on the way (i check it in the post office system). [...]

I will let you guys know when i get it. Just note it will take time because, even the package arrived here, customs procedures in Brazil are extremely slow to get the final destination (sometimes takes 3 to 4 weeks).


good point.
Bataserpa
Hi everyone

Just another update. The order already arrived in Brazil. It took about a week or so.

Now it is being held in customs for calculate and print out the taxes i have to pay. Unfortunately, like i said before, sometimes this proceed takes weeks until go to the final destination.

That's why some people don't feel comfortable to send items to Brazil. The problem is not the post office itself but the customs. Some buyers don't know about this delay and start to blame the seller when the order is taking time to arrive. This is not my case, all I buy from overseas I am well ware that might takes time to get t in my hands. I am cool with that.

For the above reasons the tracking number is essential for me. With no tracking I can't see who is causing the delay (the seller or the customs)

So, recently, Shawn sent me 2 emails with details about the shipment. He is also following it, which is a great thing.

Things looks fine for now, I just hope customs don't bring me any problem.

When I get it i will let you guys know.

All the best and thanks for all concerns. I appreciated it a lot.

Gustavo
*_*
I dont think they care one bit about the international customers to be honest. steer clear. dont do the same mistake.
Leverkusen
Bataserpa wrote:
Hi everyone

Just another update. The order already arrived in Brazil. It took about a week or so.

Now it is being held in customs for calculate and print out the taxes i have to pay. Unfortunately, like i said before, sometimes this proceed takes weeks until go to the final destination.

That's why some people don't feel comfortable to send items to Brazil. The problem is not the post office itself but the customs. Some buyers don't know about this delay and start to blame the seller when the order is taking time to arrive. This is not my case, all I buy from overseas I am well ware that might takes time to get t in my hands. I am cool with that.

For the above reasons the tracking number is essential for me. With no tracking I can't see who is causing the delay (the seller or the customs)

So, recently, Shawn sent me 2 emails with details about the shipment. He is also following it, which is a great thing.

Things looks fine for now, I just hope customs don't bring me any problem.

When I get it i will let you guys know.

All the best and thanks for all concerns. I appreciated it a lot.

Gustavo


That's good to hear! I don't know if it makes it a bit easier for you but when I purchase something from the US and it's sent to germany it usually halts at the customs office for weeks too. Then I have to go there with a lot of photocopies to make proof how much and that I have payed for it. Takes about 1 - 2 hours. So it's not just Brazil...but I hope you get your stuff soon!
*_*
Leverkusen wrote:


That's good to hear! I don't know if it makes it a bit easier for you but when I purchase something from the US and it's sent to germany it usually halts at the customs office for weeks too. Then I have to go there with a lot of photocopies to make proof how much and that I have payed for it. Takes about 1 - 2 hours. So it's not just Brazil...but I hope you get your stuff soon!


I'm guessing you are in a german speaking country. it actually surprises me that things get held in customs for more than 24h in the civilized world, it shouldn't be like that. I once ordered stuff from the US over the phone (yeah actually) on a european friday evenig/night. at 8 o clock on monday morning I had a note in my mailbox saying I had recieved a package. and not only that, it was shipped with uninsured usps! thats actually how it works timewise, I think the "couriers" just blackmail everyone and do everything extra slow if you dont want to pay a very large premium, then they can actually do their job in a regular fashion, otherwise they are actually on strike most of the day. its something similar at least. otherwise stuff would simply not appear over a weekend, for free almost too. It just wouldnt happen.

right now I'm waiting on stuff from the UK, and I reccon I could just as well rowed there in a canoe (from the good old europe), picked up the stuff an then simply rowed back, in a canoe. and I wo8uld have beaten the UK courier by days, and I even payed like 10-12 euros extra for them to be quick. I guess I didn't pay enough....

good times. best investment for 2016 seems to be a canoe, you could start up a whole shipping company with that, aaaaaaand be the fastest none the less. its fucking insane.
waveglider
Wait a minute. You say you ordered a module from the US on Friday night (EU) and got it on Monday via USPS??
Paul Perry
[quote="*_*"]
Leverkusen wrote:


I think the "couriers" just blackmail everyone and do everything extra slow if you don't want to pay a very large premium,.


I run a secondhand bookshop & get several thousand parcels each year mostly from USA and UK to Australia. I can assure you that a USPS parcel always arrives (if correctly addressed.) But, they are sent at the discretion of the airplane owners - who naturally give priority to carriers who pay a bit extra. yes, your module can arrive in a couple oof days across the Atlantic - and you might go to Vegas and win on red 30 times in a row too.

Personally, I prefer to use the government postal services & suck it up if it is late or lost. On average, you come out ahead. My summary: in freighting, you get what you pay for, but you pay too much for it.
Leverkusen
*_* wrote:

... it was shipped with uninsured usps! thats actually how it works time wise...


That's actually how it sometimes works when it's shipped uninsured and when it's not taxed cause it is of low worth or marked as such. As a CD, a book or a faceplate. Mouser is pretty fast too. I would not have modules shipped like this.
Daisuk
waveglider wrote:
Wait a minute. You say you ordered a module from the US on Friday night (EU) and got it on Monday via USPS??


I've ordered stuff from Shawn to Norway on a Saturday, and have received it on the following Tuesday. Usually it takes about a week though, but from time to time it's ridiculously fast.

I'm glad the OP is getting this sorted. For the record, I've never had anything but top notch customer service from AH and Shawn, and I've probably had 30+ orders from him.
notfatlever
Daisuk wrote:
waveglider wrote:
Wait a minute. You say you ordered a module from the US on Friday night (EU) and got it on Monday via USPS??


I've ordered stuff from Shawn to Norway on a Saturday, and have received it on the following Tuesday. Usually it takes about a week though, but from time to time it's ridiculously fast.

I'm glad the OP is getting this sorted. For the record, I've never had anything but top notch customer service from AH and Shawn, and I've probably had 30+ orders from him.



I've had great experiences with ordering from Shawn as well since probably dating back to 2008ish. I would put myself at around 20-30 orders as well in this time.

I do have a bit of frustration though as I sent him a rather sizable amount of gear for trade last July and his side of the trade still hasn't been sent to me...
11 months seems a bit long to me for a trade.

Last i heard from Shawn was it was ready to ship almost 3 weeks ago...i live in the US so my situation is a bit different than the original poster.
huffnPuff
Dealing with Shawn was not a pleasant experience, I found myself having to wait months after having my card charged - which may actually not be legal or at least the common practice in the US I think? (I am an oversease customer).

Eventually I got everything I paid for but it was a rough ride. Would rather avoid having to go through this again.
Stancotey
I'm probably in the 8-10 orders category but Shawn and AH have aleays treated me well and I continue to send money there. He's been great with questions and advice too. To be fair I don't have enough experience with other retailers to make a comparison but I've been very pleased with Analogue Haven.
Bataserpa
Hi everyone

Finally i got my modules!!! Everything is exactly like i ordered.

It stays a while in the customs (like i said it was gonna happen), I paid the taxes and got the box.

Thanks a lot for everyone who helped me. Specially the ones that contacted Shawn to solve my problem.

All the best

Gustavo
Snail
Glad to see this is finally resolved. International stuff can be such a pain. The end of a long saga, hopefully!
Nelson Baboon
Excellent!!!!
listentoaheartbeat
Good! thumbs up
purplenoise
Glad to hear Shawn was able to resolve everything. Just wanted to put in another good word for Shawn.

My experience has been:

- multiple orders over the last couple of years
- all orders received in a timely manner, well packed, no issues.
- questions about products marked as "email us for availability" always answered quickly.
- prompt responses to all emails. Detailed responses, not single word responses.

I'm ordering from California, so can't speak to international shipping issues. I would highly recommend Analogue Haven.

applause
Logite
I've had decent experiences buying my Echophon from Shawn
*_*
waveglider wrote:
Wait a minute. You say you ordered a module from the US on Friday night (EU) and got it on Monday via USPS??


2 emerson knives actually.
*_*
purplenoise wrote:
Glad to hear Shawn was able to resolve everything. Just wanted to put in another good word for Shawn.

My experience has been:

- multiple orders over the last couple of years
- all orders received in a timely manner, well packed, no issues.
- questions about products marked as "email us for availability" always answered quickly.
- prompt responses to all emails. Detailed responses, not single word responses.

I'm ordering from California, so can't speak to international shipping issues. I would highly recommend Analogue Haven.

applause


it works out for you since you are in the US!

in my country we have to send special papers, like 3 of them to export shit and then if someone sends shit here they need to do the 3 duplicate shit too, otherwise it just stops at customs. so yes this is an issue in some countries. You need extra paperwork and on top of that you need to include several duplicaes of it, otherwise it gets tough. this definitely takes extra time to do. and is not very fun. But still. I used to send shit all over when i worked in a warehouse and all dox got automatically printed, I just put shit in a clear envelope and glued it to the pack.
confusedmachine
Shawn has only been great to me. Glad it worked out.
SunSpots
I've always made it a point never to talk bad about my dope dealers...
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next [all]
Page 5 of 6
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group