MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Author Do you think Analogue Haven care about their customers?
Bataserpa
Hi, I live in Brazil and often buy eurorack modules from USA stores, because there is no way to by such products here.

I already bought items from Analogue Haven, Control, Perfect Audio, Meme Antenna, Foxtror, Muff store.

Never had problem with any of them, except Analogue Haven.

On jan 08 in 2015, more than 1 year ago, I purchased, with PayPal, a few modules from AH, it was trough 2 payments in the same date: $ 510,00 USD and $ 652,00 USD. It was not the first time i bought itens from then, everything was fine before this transaction.

So, right after i made the payment i got the tracking number from the store, fine so far, the itens where on the way. After a while the package got my country but, due some address mistake, was returned to sender. I contact AH and they confirm they receive the package, send again my address to correct the mistake (actually till now i dont know what was wrong). They reply will send again, but no tracking number were sent (they said was the same original number)

Long history made short. I never receive the modules, contact Shawn many times and he always said will send it again with tracking number, but it never
happened.

It is more than 1 a year i gave my money to them, i dont know what to do.

Can somebody tell me how can i take legal actions agains them? Besides i am a lawyer in my country i dont how works the legal system in USA.

This situation is unbelieveble, like i said i never had problem with any store before.

Shame AH! You should respect your customers. Dont think because i live in a third world Country i am not ware about my

Any help will be very appreciated. Sorry to post this here but i dont know what do.

Gustavo
xandersingh
This sounds very strange to me. I've only ever had great experiences with the, over the years. This seems to me an issue of communication/customs and shipping. Have you simply asked for a refund?
clarte
Shawn @ AH has been amazing, fast, responsive everytime I have ordered from him, sorry to hear you have had problems.
Bataserpa
I never had problem with Ah either, but unfortunatly this happenning to me.

When i ask to refund my money i got this e-mail on march 22:
"Hello,

We have already retested and repacked your order. I will send you tracking details for the new shipment.

Thank you,

Shawn Cleary
www.analoguehaven.com"

It was more than 20 days ago. He never send the tracking number. For the record i have many similar e-mails before this one.
I just got tired of this situation.
Why is só though to just give my money Back.

I never did anything bad to this store, why they cannot just do it the righ thing

Gustavo
MultiCat
That's just bizarre. Shawn called me at home to personally handle an availability issue on some cables that weren't actually in stock and appeared so online. Asked me what I wanted to do, and had my order out the next day. Best wishes, but, AH have been great to work with!
Demi Jon
I live in New Zealand, and also had a ridiculous situation with Shawn a few years back, having previously had smooth transactions with him. I ordered something and it took him four months or so to send it. He sort of seemed to laugh off my continued pressing of him, until one day he suddenly realised how bad the situation was and apologised profusely, and sent it immediately.

I get the sense that he's both very busy and also a bit disorganised. Keep talking to him and hopefully he will sort it for you soon. Threads like this one don't do his business any favours so let's hope that he remedies this situation promptly!
simonlubie
my two cents:

i live in australia and have had some stuff sent over from AH twice. Shawn was very responsive and pleasant to deal with. i'd buy stuff from him again, for sure.

sorry to hear you've had an issue, hope it gets sorted!
kindredlost
10,000% satisfaction from Analogue Haven for years.

Of course I do realize the shipping portion of a trade can be the Achille's Heel. Once a package leaves the sender it is Force Majeure at that point. I am a manufacturer and ship all over the world. I take it personally when a package is undelivered. My best guess is Shawn has no real idea of the whereabouts of your package, but in my opinion SHOULD try to correspond with a reply from his inquiry with the shipper.

It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to prove you did NOT receive the package. How you do that is by asking specifically for a tracking number and insurance for the package at time of order. If it is tracked then you and the seller have a way to make a claim with the shipper. If it never arrives then you can ask (legitimately) for a refund and the seller can make a lost shipment claim with the shipper. Both of you are covered that way with no loss of revenue.

We all have come to expect things to go smoothly with on-line vending. In reality it is far more hazardous than brick-and-mortar retail. I recently received a pile of hand soap from the UPS Undelivered Stock warehouse center which I never orderd. I tried to ask for a pick up but they were less than excited to have to reclaim the stuff. Apparently lots of stuff is mis-labelled to the destination or the labels are lost in transit and merchandise becomes flotsam in the sea of commerce. It is why there are tracking and insurance features for our safety.
Leverkusen
My first purchase from AH was quite unpleasant and lead to a paypal case and some ridiculous explanations/excuses after not responding for a time. Eventually we got it sorted out but I won't buy there again - mainly because I don't want these kinds of transatlantic hassle again. But I am sure he is a nice guy and I liked his packaging art.

And he is not the only on I had these annoying delays in communication with, especially when something went wrong. Problems seem to be issues that are not easy to handle...
Bataserpa
I just wanna make clear that i dont have any intention to cause problem to AH or disrespect anybody. The reason for my post is to ask help because i dont have anything else to do. I got tired to send emails and always get the same answear "your order will be shipped as soon as i can...". My patience and understanding is over. I have all the emails i sendt and answear i got to prove what i am saying. Sorry, but this is the true.

One more thing to make clear. Post office returned the package to the sender, Shawn confirm that is there, in the store. He just did not send me back or refund my money. So this is not a post office problem or a case of lost order. Of course post office caused delay because that address issue (this not a AH fault as far i can tell), but the problem is why the box was not shipped again or why he just dont refund my money if he is affraid to ship again?? All the modules are in his possession, so he will not lose any money.

This is just a simple solution, if he did that - ship or refund money - i will not write about this here. Bringing this kind of situation to public is not my style. I dont need to do that. But i wanna to be treated right as a costumer and as a human being.
I consider myself a very honest person so why people can not just be honest with me? If he is too busy to just give what people bought more than a year ago or return money, just quit the bussines. Just dont think because i live in fuck it up country i will be quit and just let the things go.

Once again, i dont wanna start a war to AH but will be very Nice if Shawn, or someone else from the store, could give my money back.

Gustavo
xandersingh
Hi Gustavo, I'm not sure there is anything anyone on this forum can help you out with. If it's true that you paid for an order over a year ago and never received it, than you should be able to file a paypal claim. Though it might be too late since you've waited so long.

But I highly doubt that anyone from a reputable dealer such as AH is just ripping you off because you live in a different country.

I suggest the best solution is to just contact them to resolve your issue. They have a phone number you can call and talk to them directly.
kindredlost
Fair enough.

I realize the hazards of customer satisfaction and shipping. That is why I emphasize the customer's duty to demand (and pay for) a safety net in the transaction. By asking for tracking and shipping insurance the seller is relieved of any burden of loss and the buyer has a legitimate case for complaint when the seller cannot comply with a refund.

The tracking you have intimated about here might be a low standard providing less legal-specific protections. I am not a commerce law specialist by any means but by asking and paying for a certain level of tracking detail, you have invested in a manner any reasonable merchant will respect and try to resolve.

When I sell modules here on the BST or anywhere else I state that the package will be insured and tracking will be conveyed to the buyer. I have even cancelled sales due to the buyer trying to send money via PayPal as a "Gift". As a result the obligations I incur make it impossible to file a claim due to shipping infractions. Every means available to me is used to provide a safety net for the buyer and myself because the shipping is out of our control completely.

It is not hard to understand why the vendor's hands are tied - cost-wise - on providing these safety measures to the customer au-gratis. To be competitive the price for the item sold must (at least) match the open market competition. Unless the vendor has some special discounted cost from the manufacturer/distributor it is beyond credulity to expect them to offer these shipping safeguards at their expense. Either a profit is made on the sale or the vendor is destined to distant history.

I feel bad for your plight Gustavo. Believe me, I am all too familiar with the kind of loss you have incurred (although I have no idea of the scale). I once loss double my money buying a Waldorf MicroWave XT from a scammer on eBay. Whole other thread- for sure. Good luck with restoring your funds and I truly hope you receive the modules you need in due order. It is a shame that AH have had to suffer these inferences due to Postal Shipping mistakes and a greater shame you have had to suffer the loss of revenue and productivity. No one gains.
fac
kindredlost wrote:
It is a shame that AH have had to suffer these inferences due to Postal Shipping mistakes and a greater shame you have had to suffer the loss of revenue and productivity. No one gains.


I'm sorry but that's not the Postal office's fault. According to the OP, the package has been at AH for months. I'm glad most people have had only good experiences with AH, but every once in a while something goes wrong with AH's organization and they take months and months to make it up to the customer.

I've been in the same situation as the OP (although for not as long). I ordered and paid for some stuff from AH in Dec. 19, 2011. One month later, I had received no news at all, and no tracking info, so I emailed Shawn. *One week* later I got his response: he said the package had been returned to him due to insufficient documentation (which is his responsibility) - I didn't even know the package had been sent because he never sent me the tracking number. Ok, no big deal; I double-check the shipping address with Shawn and ask him to re-send the package. After that, I had to keep asking week after week and swallow false promise after false promise until I finally received a formal shipment notification.... on March 30, 2012. More than 3 months after I placed my order.

I also made a post about my case here at Muffs and even got some backlash. Apparently the whole thing was my fault for ordering around NAMM. WTF?
kindredlost
Thanks fac. This does establish a short pattern. Hopefully the issue will be resolved. No-one at this point is at fault in my opinion but I do feel for both parties due to the instabilities of the whole online sales phenomenon. Good with the bad I suppose.
MindMachine
They are not infallible that is for sure.

Once I had a fried module sent to them for repair to be forwarded on per the manufacturers request. The manufacturer returned it to AH who then sold it, forgetting whose it was. It had a modification to it so it was not a bog standard module.

I had modules on order from them for over a year and was told that the modules were due with the next shipment 4 times. I final gave up after 13 months and ordered from Europe.

You would think that the shipping from Europe would be more expensive than from 30 miles away but it was only slightly more than what AH charges (which is more than most dealers I have experience with).

All that said, Shawn is good dude and should just refund your money. I hope that you get it sorted.
ym2612
MindMachine wrote:
They are not infallible that is for sure.

Once I had a fried module sent to them for repair to be forwarded on per the manufacturers request. The manufacturer returned it to AH who then sold it, forgetting whose it was. It had a modification to it so it was not a bog standard module.


I'm currently in the middle of a similar situation. The manufacturer in Europe had me send the module to AH for replacement, but so far I've heard no word from AH. This has been going on for over two months now, and I'm not sure what to do next.
M6live
Redacted.
Bataserpa
Thanks a lot for all the coments.
To be honest i don't think AH ripped me off or is stilling my money on porpose. I think they are just disorganized and don't care much about their customers once they received the money and order can not be canceled with paypal anymore.

I will repeat again, Shawn was always nice to me in all comunicatons we had. He also apologised me. The problem is that he keep saying for months he will do something - ship the order - that never happens.

I hoje AH solve the problem. In my opinion, losing money is not the worst thing for a company or store. If they work right they can get it back. The worst thing is losing credibility, once you lost it is very hard to get it back. This is how the market works.

Looks that AH, sadly, don't think in this way.
Dcramer
Two things:

1. The seller needs to know that they can only win an argument with an EX-CUSTOMER

2. The buyer needs to demand their money back as soon as possible as that's what will motivate the seller to solve the issue.

thumbs up thumbs up thumbs up
chamomileshark
I'm in the Uk and bought from AH a few times a number of years back. No problems.

Have you tried calling them?
estin
Have wanted to order stuff from there a couple times but the high shipping costs always put me off. Not a reflection of their service per se'.
listentoaheartbeat
I have had great dealings with Shawn in general, and I do think he cares about his customers. The one time things didn't go too well he let communication slip, too. In the end it was all good, but it seems being proactive and transparent when there is a problem isn't one of his strenghts. My advice would be to send at least weekly mails and be very clear about what you demand. Or call him!
Bataserpa
Tonight I will send another email to him and to the store.

Tomorrow i will call him. I prefer to use emails because i can use as prove in the case of any misunderstandings or problems.

I decided i don't my modules anymore (i will buy from another store or from some fellow wigglers in the forum as i did before, never had a problem with it ). I just will ask, again, my money back.

I will let you guys update about the situation.

Thanks again for all the helpful posts. It did not solve the problem, but helped me a lot. My mind is more clear now about this stressful and surreal situation.
Bataserpa
Just an update.

I sent an e-mail asking my money back. I even wrote i opened this theat.
Shawn replied apologizing and saying that the order was already shiped and i will get the modules soon.

Right away i wrote back asking him to give me the tracking number. I got no answear so far.

I hope the date of posting the package will be not after the date he got my last e-mail, if this happen i will be very pissed off ....
listentoaheartbeat
Bataserpa wrote:
Just an update.

I sent an e-mail asking my money back. I even wrote i opened this theat.
Shawn replied apologizing and saying that the order was already shiped and i will get the modules soon.

Right away i wrote back asking him to give me the tracking number. I got no answear so far.

I hope the date of posting the package will be not after the date he got my last e-mail, if this happen i will be very pissed off ....


Well, you can still decline the shipment and ask your money back. Of course this will take more time.
peripatitis
kindredlost wrote:
Fair enough.

I realize the hazards of customer satisfaction and shipping. That is why I emphasize the customer's duty to demand (and pay for) a safety net in the transaction. By asking for tracking and shipping insurance the seller is relieved of any burden of loss and the buyer has a legitimate case for complaint when the seller cannot comply with a refund.

The tracking you have intimated about here might be a low standard providing less legal-specific protections. I am not a commerce law specialist by any means but by asking and paying for a certain level of tracking detail, you have invested in a manner any reasonable merchant will respect and try to resolve.

When I sell modules here on the BST or anywhere else I state that the package will be insured and tracking will be conveyed to the buyer. I have even cancelled sales due to the buyer trying to send money via PayPal as a "Gift". As a result the obligations I incur make it impossible to file a claim due to shipping infractions. Every means available to me is used to provide a safety net for the buyer and myself because the shipping is out of our control completely.

It is not hard to understand why the vendor's hands are tied - cost-wise - on providing these safety measures to the customer au-gratis. To be competitive the price for the item sold must (at least) match the open market competition. Unless the vendor has some special discounted cost from the manufacturer/distributor it is beyond credulity to expect them to offer these shipping safeguards at their expense. Either a profit is made on the sale or the vendor is destined to distant history.

I feel bad for your plight Gustavo. Believe me, I am all too familiar with the kind of loss you have incurred (although I have no idea of the scale). I once loss double my money buying a Waldorf MicroWave XT from a scammer on eBay. Whole other thread- for sure. Good luck with restoring your funds and I truly hope you receive the modules you need in due order. It is a shame that AH have had to suffer these inferences due to Postal Shipping mistakes and a greater shame you have had to suffer the loss of revenue and productivity. No one gains.


I do not agree about the emphasis you put on the the customers responsibility regarding the shipping method chosen. Actually i would say it is the other way around. It would be weird if i would go to a well known retailer and instruct them how they should ship an item to me and really what possible experience can i have in these matters compared to them?

Btw i am not talking about AH, all the transactions i had with them and the communication was great and if i hadn't been in another continent i would probably order more often from them..
MindMachine
Please keep us up to speed on your situation.

Hopefully you get the box soon and love the modules.
tonnu
kindredlost wrote:
Thanks fac. This does establish a short pattern. Hopefully the issue will be resolved. No-one at this point is at fault in my opinion but I do feel for both parties due to the instabilities of the whole online sales phenomenon. Good with the bad I suppose.


you're downplaying AH's failure in communication and customer relationship management

if you read the OP's post then you should realize that the situation is UNACCEPTABLE

sure, the wrong address thing is unfortunate, whatever.

but this is not the way to deal with customers.

it IS AH's fault.

ps. i've bought A LOT from AH and in my experience, they've been great. however, there's periods where Shawn would be so tied up and communication would be less than ideal. but overall, i've had no problems with them and would continue to buy from them. i'm even further from AH than you (south east asia here).
Bataserpa
Hi everyone

One more update about my sad journey with this store that i loved once.

So i tried to call them today but nobody pick up the phone, probably because i misleading the time difference and called when the store were closed. My fault, I will try to call again tomorrow in the right time.

Besides that, I sent email Shaw and AH (email@analoghaven.com) on April 19 asking, one more time, to give me the tracking number and nothing!!! They just keep ignoring my emails without any reason. What makes me get the conclusion that they did not ship or, if they did recently, they lied to me when i asked, for second time, my money back last week. If i am wrong, why they just don't send me the tracking number? Why is so difficult to do that?

The problem is that I am being too soft with them. That's why the situation is like this. Maybe if i was less "innocent" and less "nice guy" they would treat me with more respect.

For me, this kind of attitude just put the Analog Haven reputation in trash can for good.
I know many of you guys had great deals with them in the past but what is happening to me is far from reasonable and acceptable.

I don't need apologies anymore! I JUST NEED THAT THIS F**** SITUATION GETS SOLVED, just that!!! JUST GIVE WHAT IS MINE (money or modules)

Day after day i get convinced that, unfortunately, i need to take legal actions against AH. Besides the money i want back, i will also ask a moral damage to repair all this suffering. I have all the emails to prove it. So, If my phone call don't solve the problem i will find a lawyer to represent me and the things will get very ugly for AH.

I do live in fucked up country in the South America but i know very well my rights! I am not a fool!

Sorry for taking my problems and frustrations to this forum but i need to share my anger and sadness with someone and also to warn people for don't expect smooth transactions with this store all the time based in the good ones you had with them in the past.

Thanks for all the messages and wishes to support me

All the best

Gustavo
droningsphagettimonster
this is very unfortunate! i'm sure shawn will figure this out. i've had problems too, but it was not his fault but the postman people. there is no service like shawn's as far as i'm concerned and i've ordered from quiet few stores (that does not mean that the other stores such as control voltage, schneidersladen etc are bad). he might be a bit slow but lets not forget that he is very busy with few people helping him. he's the best!
droningsphagettimonster
SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger! SlayerBadger!
evileye0702
I've had nothing but positive experiences dealing with Shawn/Analogue Haven. Over the last few years I've made upwards of 30 purchases from him and never had a problem that wasn't resolved pretty quick.

He isn't perfect but I have found him to be attentive. My couple of problems were resolved with a quick email or phone call. I've even pestered him weekly about certain upcoming items and he handles the requests professionally.

International shipping/tracking brings with it additional challenges. Perhaps Shawn puts less priority on those items. I think it would be best if you try to contact him as soon as you know there is an issue rather than wait. He is basically a one man operation handling a lot of orders.

Hell, probably once a week he ends up buried under his own mound of packing tape and has to wait for someone with a chainsaw to cut him out.
Dave Peck
I really think that the OP (and commenter ym2612, who mentioned that he had a similar problem) need to just get on the phone to AH. Their phone number is right there at the top of their web site. I really do not understand why people are so reluctant to just pick up the phone and call the company directly to get these situations resolved. When I'm not getting responses to time sensitive emails, I get on the phone to the company within a week. I don't wait several months.
evileye0702
email is not a perfect system. Perhaps your emails are not making their way to AH or his responses are not getting back to you.

I agree. You need to pickup the phone at this point.
pulse_divider
Bataserpa wrote:

Besides that, I sent email Shaw and AH (email@analoghaven.com) on April 19 asking, one more time, to give me the tracking number and nothing!!! They just keep ignoring my emails without any reason. reputation in trash can for good.


That is not their email address, it's email@analoguehaven.com. Yours is misspelt
xandersingh
pulse_divider wrote:
Bataserpa wrote:

Besides that, I sent email Shaw and AH (email@analoghaven.com) on April 19 asking, one more time, to give me the tracking number and nothing!!! They just keep ignoring my emails without any reason. reputation in trash can for good.


That is not their email address, it's email@analoguehaven.com. Yours is misspelt


Good point right there.
Bataserpa
Thanks for point about the mistake with the email.

Don't worry, I sent to the right email. It's just misspelled in the message because I am writing from my Ipad. It's correct in my email boxes.

Actually there is many mistakes and misspells in my my messages because of that.
JohnLRice
FWIW, I've only had great experiences with Shawn and Analogue Haven! thumbs up
SynthBaron
In 20 years of selling things online, I have lost more packages to Brazil than anywhere else. So much so, that I refuse to send anything there at all now.

I don't know what AH's excuse is, but I wouldn't doubt if he's making bullshit excuses because he never actually got the module back in the mail and is waiting for one to come in from his supplier and eating the cost.
subdo
I've never had any issues with AH. I even got an email apology for an order taking two weeks to ship over the holidays. I really wish they had other options than UPS though. Their shipping is
Badwhite
I will not buy from Analogue Haven anymore due to what I purchased arriving in unacceptable quality and with no attempt to rectify the problem... emails go ignored... they don't pick the phone up... I ended up selling it as "broken/parts only" on ebay because I was not able to fix it.

Just my experience, some folks have no problem, but the one time I ordered modules, it was a nightmare.
noobyscooby
In my euro years, I had nothing but problems with AH. I'm in Canada and every order was a hassle. When Foxtone opened and Moog Audio started selling eurorack, I started using them and never had a problem.

Seems like domestic service from him is good but international seems to be a lot of hassle.
J3RK
Sorry to the OP about this experience. I haven't bought anything from AH in years, because I make all my own synths now, but when I did I had great experiences. The one time something went wrong, it was fixed immediately. They shipped up my Plan B model 15s in the Euro Rack I ordered. Both PCBs broke off from the pots due to unwanted "wiggling" in transit. I kept the rack, sent back the modules, and they cross shipped new ones. I did call them on the phone though. It wasn't an email exchange. Hopefully this gets resolved.

As someone that ships PCBs all over the world, I never really had a problem to South America. I've lost quite a few to Germany, Croatia, Belgium, and even a few domestics though. (sometimes a few in a row to the same place)

It happens. Hopefully they fix it though.

This is fun!
tenshun
I had good service from AH but i do not order from them anymore because they tax on shipping and then add sales tax since i live in California!

I end up buying from out of state.
Thing
Tried to do business with analogue haven several years ago when I first started wiggling. Shipments never arrived anywhere near on time. Some never arrived at all (but always got my money back without a problem). Emails were often unanswered. Shawn seemed nice, just stretched too thin and unorganized. But since it's a business, and not some sort of modular club, that shouldn't be my problem. Fortunately there are plenty of options now. Too many options!
Bataserpa
An update


I tried to call AH a 2 days ago during the business hour.

Nobody picked up the phone, coincidentally (or not) 5 minutes ago i got an email from Shawn saying the order was already shipped, he also asked me to write again my address. I guess they have a call id machine (can see I am calling from Brazil).

Regarding to the tracking number he said that he did not had it with him in that time.

Till now, i don't have the tracking number!!! I got tired to ask for it.

So the nightmare continues ....
MindMachine
Why would he have shipped it and THEN asked for your address? hmmm.....
sduck
Cause he hadn't shipped it yet.
Infinity Curve
Or he needs to check his shipping receipts based on the postal code/address so he can find the tracking number for him.
drxcm
I've been ordering big and small ticket stuff regularly from AH for over a decade, and never had a problem with them.

There is always a bit of a delay between hitting order and it shipping (sometimes a week or so), but it's never particularly bothered me.

I live in New Zealand and every order has made it to me, no problems, packed like a boss.
fac
Infinity Curve wrote:
Or he needs to check his shipping receipts based on the postal code/address so he can find the tracking number for him.


Isn't "Brazil" enough of a clue? How many shipments to Brazil could he have made in the past two weeks?
Infinity Curve
Ya, but on a shipping receipt, it doesn't say 'Brazil', it just notes the postal code. Considering how many shipments he likely makes, he probably has to go through his records to find the tracking number. Another consideration is for international packages, he has to go and mail it in person at the post office, it isn't done through automated pickup, so his only record is likely the printed receipt, and this might have been misplaced.

Not to excuse the situation the buyer is in by any means
fac
Infinity Curve wrote:
Ya, but on a shipping receipt, it doesn't say 'Brazil', it just notes the postal code. Considering how many shipments he likely makes, he probably has to go through his records to find the tracking number.


I'm not sure about that. Postal codes are only unambiguous within the same country. The same postal code might used in two different countries. For example, my postal code (in Mexico) is also the postal code of some place in San Antonio, Texas. For international shipments, there's no way to know where a package is going if you only have the postal code. On the other hand, when I've shipped internationally, my receipts always indicate the country of the destination.
Infinity Curve
Different here. While you get a copy of the customs document, the actual receipt with the tracking number just notes the postal code it was sent to
icaroferre
Oh man, what an awful situation.
As a brazilian wiggler, I can totally relate to Bataserpa situation. We already have to constantly deal with extremely high exchange rate between USD / BRL as well as super abusive importing taxes (that can easily add up to 110%) so it's frustrating when we also have to deal with problems like these on top of everything.

I was going to suggest opening a dispute on Paypal however I'm not sure if it'd be possible since Bataserpa bought the modules more than 1 year ago.
A dispute would end up forcing AH to provide shipping information to prove that the products were in fact shipped.
Not a great solution but I can't think of any other one. seriously, i just don't get it
Bataserpa
Hi everyone

It's being a hard time. After almost a hundred of international transactions I never be in this kind of awful situation. I still don't have the tracking number and honestly i don't think i will have. The same thing i think about the money i spent (what was not easy to earn).

Icaroferre is right about the Brazilian importing taxes. Even i got my modules today i will pay more money for taxes i would pay in the beginning of last year (when i made the order) because of the actual absurd USD currency compare to Real (Brazilian money). Of course i am not blaming AH because of the sh** problems in the economy of my country. I am just saying that to make a point to show how miserable my situation is.

I contacted Paypal and unfortunately there is nothing they can do because too much time past after my order. I let this happen (did not contact them earlier) because, like the most of you, i never had a problem with AH before so i thought the problem would get solved easily. Silly me.

Anyway thanks a lot for all the support messages, advices and wishes i am getting for you guys.

I am very happy there is other online stores (and private sellers) that sell modules. If AH were the only one certainly i would quite modular synthesizers for good.
Robscorch
Bataserpa wrote:


Icaroferre is right about the Brazilian importing taxes...
because of the actual absurd USD currency compare to Real (Brazilian money).


How is the USD NOT a real currency...? hmmm..... In fact it's accepted almost everywhere in the world including countries that are known to bad mouth the US so so much.

ALSO the high taxation is the fault of the receiving country in almost all cases as far as I understand such things. You mentioned BRAZILIAN IMPORTING TAXES and there is your real issue. Things need to be taken up with your local government and blaming any retailer for the situation in any way shape or form is highly unfair and quite an ill thing to even consider. I realize your not blaming them for the situation, but still putting a retail on blast for a situation completely outside their control is just as silly as the modern social justice fad that seems to be going around. The more a package changes hands the more money it will cost to get to where it's going simple simple economics here. When a bully government or shipping company gets itself involved things get even more expensive.

I believe things here could get to hot and heavy politically to really talk about here so please for the love of cat let's keep this on the strait and narrow.

Infinity Curve
Robscorch wrote:
Bataserpa wrote:


Icaroferre is right about the Brazilian importing taxes...
because of the actual absurd USD currency compare to Real (Brazilian money).


How is the USD NOT a real currency...? hmmm..... In fact it's accepted almost everywhere in the world including countries that are known to bad mouth the US so so much.


You misunderstood his meaning - Brazilian currency is called 'Real'
Torn n Frayed
Robscorch wrote:
Bataserpa wrote:


Icaroferre is right about the Brazilian importing taxes...
because of the actual absurd USD currency compare to Real (Brazilian money).


How is the USD NOT a real currency...? hmmm..... In fact it's accepted almost everywhere in the world including countries that are known to bad mouth the US so so much.

ALSO the high taxation is the fault of the receiving country in almost all cases as far as I understand such things. You mentioned BRAZILIAN IMPORTING TAXES and there is your real issue. Things need to be taken up with your local government and blaming any retailer for the situation in any way shape or form is highly unfair and quite an ill thing to even consider. I realize your not blaming them for the situation, but still putting a retail on blast for a situation completely outside their control is just as silly as the modern social justice fad that seems to be going around. The more a package changes hands the more money it will cost to get to where it's going simple simple economics here. When a bully government or shipping company gets itself involved things get even more expensive.

I believe things here could get to hot and heavy politically to really talk about here so please for the love of cat let's keep this on the strait and narrow.



I think you misunderstood him; in Brazil their $$ is called REAL...

And I guess they don't say REEL but RE-AL...
Robscorch
Snap totally didn't think about that, but 100% correct. YES USD is not REAL currency lol. (BRL) on money market, but I kinda spend all my extra on electronic junk these days. Seems I don't have enough to do better than breaking even trading currencies myself. seriously, i just don't get it

I will say looks like its about .57 USD to 2.00 BRL and that's a serious ouch. Dead Banana

For the record what's the correct pronounciation is it RE-AL as I have heard before or reel or even something slightly different?
listentoaheartbeat
I'd want my money back asap. I wouldn't even accept a shipment from AH if it magically turned up. He has been holding your money for a year, why would you still want to make business with him?
Bataserpa
Ok

Maybe my bad english is not helping at all.

REAL is the name of the money we use in Brazil, same as YEN in Japan, YUAN in China, EURO in some countries in Europe, etc. I never said USD is not a real currency. The closest pronunciation of REAL using english words will be something like "HE ALL".

Again, to make clear, i never said AH has something to do with bad situation in my country. I just said that if they did what were suppose to do in the right time(sent the modules last year) i would have less damage caused by their unprofessional and irresponsible attitude.

Just for the record, I am not trying to do business with AH anymore I am just trying to get what is mine by right! (money or modules).

They don't answer my emails, they don't pick up the phone (maybe because of call ID), Paypal can do nothing, i am miles away from their store. I don't have much options in this kind of situation.

Complain in this Forum (and hoping somebody from AH is reading here) is the only thing i can do for now (before take legal action).

I am sorry if this is topic in being repetitive and boring.
listentoaheartbeat
Bataserpa wrote:
Just for the record, I am not trying to do business with AH anymore I am just trying to get what is mine by right! (money or modules).


What I mean is, if you take the modules, you are essentially doing business with AH. So at this point, trying to get the money back seems like the better option.

Bataserpa wrote:
They don't answer my emails, they don't pick up the phone (maybe because of call ID), Paypal can do nothing, i am miles away from their store. I don't have much options in this kind of situation.


Just call them from Skype or something. I'd try to call them every single day if I were you. And make very clear demands about my money.
dB4u
shawn has always been awesome to me and even asked to see a pic of my setup, he also had mentioned that he could price match competitors when I asked if they had any Black Friday deals. not sure if that meant price matching other Black Friday deals tho lol
Nelson Baboon
I know nothing about what is actually happening here, but what I don't understand is how it is relevant if you've had good experiences with AH. I think that it's pretty rare that any store/seller, etc, has screwed over everyone.

This needs to be dealt with somehow.

has anyone here who claims to have gotten such great service actually contacted Shawn and brought this up? I mean, I haven't dealt with him very much in the last few years - do I have to do it?

This seems crazy to me.
Machariel
I'm probably one of the few people here that has been to AH in person so I'll give you some feedback. It is quite disorganized, there are boxes of returned items littering the front office. They have a bit of a funny shipping process as well which involves two people doing a lot of yelling at each other. Quite amusing. Another interesting fact for some people out there is that AH occasionally goes dark for a few days (as in close up the shop), so that could explain shipping delays. Still, with all that I doubt their disorganization has anything to do with the issue.

Your only legal recourse is to file a claim in what is called "Small Claims Court" in the US. The court with jurisdiction would be the Los Angeles County Court system:

http://www.lacourt.org/online/smallclaims

You can file online, but of course you will have to appear in person on the court date. Beware however: 1) Likely he will not even show up to the court date, 2) don't expect this to help your case, in fact it will probably hurt it because then the judge has to do more legwork and it's more likely he will just ignore following up on the case, 3) even if you win, good luck getting paid, if he doesn't voluntarily pay you, you have a whole new process to go through (usually by placing a lien on any property he may own) to get paid and given the situation you may find it takes a very long time to see any money.
ehafh
you should have taken care of this within 45 days if you paid via paypal.
if you didn't you're at the mercy of the merchant.

denying a package is a terrible idea.
basically it gets sent back to the sender, and it does not qualify as a paypal item returned.
it does NOT adhere to their return policy.
you need to accept the package, and provide a new tracking number for the return.

the only problem i've had with analogue haven is getting no replies.

they also massively overcharge shipping imho.
minimum is $12.50 no matter what you order.
it actually says first class can be used for some shipments, but upon inquiry about this no reply.
they must just opt for the $3 shipping when they can and pocket the difference.
their website design is very poor and difficult to navigate, unless the item is on the first page.
so i just buy from other stores.
MindMachine
ym2612 wrote:
MindMachine wrote:
They are not infallible that is for sure.

Once I had a fried module sent to them for repair to be forwarded on per the manufacturers request. The manufacturer returned it to AH who then sold it, forgetting whose it was. It had a modification to it so it was not a bog standard module.


I'm currently in the middle of a similar situation. The manufacturer in Europe had me send the module to AH for replacement, but so far I've heard no word from AH. This has been going on for over two months now, and I'm not sure what to do next.



Any luck for you?
Bob Borries
Been working with AH for a long time, no problems, fast and courteous, maybe overly package tapped, but better than too less.
mo_kaess
Machariel wrote:
I'm probably one of the few people here that has been to AH in person so I'll give you some feedback. It is quite disorganized, there are boxes of returned items littering the front office. They have a bit of a funny shipping process as well which involves two people doing a lot of yelling at each other. Quite amusing. Another interesting fact for some people out there is that AH occasionally goes dark for a few days (as in close up the shop), so that could explain shipping delays. Still, with all that I doubt their disorganization has anything to do with the issue.


That explains my only experience with AH. It took them more than five weeks to dispatch my order. Though Shawn is responsive, things seem not going smoothly in AH back-end.
d.squintz
Always have had great customer satisfaction when shopping at AH. Shawn has always been very helpful and very responsive. Bummer to to hear you're having troubles..
toothless_wonder
AH and Shawn ,always on top of it , never had a problem , top notch store !!!
Faustgeist
Hi Bataserpa,

I have been ordering from A. Haven for 90% of my eurorack needs and being here on the east coast of the USA - been lucky to never have a problem. AH's owner always emails me and is fast with his shipping.

I realize none of this helps your situation, alas.

Looking over my mess of modules I have a few spares sitting around. What are you seeking? Perhaps I could send one down to ya for free smile

Hope all is well,
~Robin
Bataserpa
Hi

Thanks everyone once again for help and share your past experiences with AH.

The situation still same, no money and no modules so far. I decide to give up about sue AH. This is the right thing to do, but i have to admit it will give much more headache than I already have. It is a complicated situation, specially because it seems many people did not have problems with the store. Sometimes i think it is a personal thing against me. I just can't see why.

Robin (Faustgeist) thanks a lot for you offer. I really appreciate that, but i would feel guilty to accept anything without a proper payment.

The only thing i have for sure is that i will never buy anything from AH again.

All the best

Gustavo
Dave Peck
Does anyone know if the staff at AH are aware of this discussion thread?
Bataserpa
I wrote an email to Shawn telling about i opened this thread. Seems he does not care much.

This is the email i got from him on April 19 (a month ago):

"hello Gustavo,

I am sorry that you felt you had to open a thread about us.
I am sorry the situation came to that in the first place.
We have already re-shipped your package and I am sure it will arrive soon.
Please let me know when you get it, everything was labelled exactly as the previous
time we sent the order.

Thank you,

Shawn Cleary"

I wrote at least 2 more emails and tried to call asking the tracking number. Because he never give me this number and considering a month already pass since the said shipment is difficult for me to believe what is written there is true.

Unfortunately just apologizes does not solve the problem.
SynthBaron
Whatever is really happening in this situation, it makes zero sense for them not to give you a customs/tracking number.

Unless they didn't actually send it.

So, if they are lying about shipping a package...then why?
SynthBaron
Nelson Baboon wrote:
I know nothing about what is actually happening here, but what I don't understand is how it is relevant if you've had good experiences with AH. I think that it's pretty rare that any store/seller, etc, has screwed over everyone.

This needs to be dealt with somehow.

has anyone here who claims to have gotten such great service actually contacted Shawn and brought this up? I mean, I haven't dealt with him very much in the last few years - do I have to do it?

This seems crazy to me.


A very small percentage of people have the personality to confront someone if they've been done wrong. An even smaller minority will go to bat for others.
Nelson Baboon
SynthBaron wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
I know nothing about what is actually happening here, but what I don't understand is how it is relevant if you've had good experiences with AH. I think that it's pretty rare that any store/seller, etc, has screwed over everyone.

This needs to be dealt with somehow.

has anyone here who claims to have gotten such great service actually contacted Shawn and brought this up? I mean, I haven't dealt with him very much in the last few years - do I have to do it?

This seems crazy to me.


A very small percentage of people have the personality to confront someone if they've been done wrong. An even smaller minority will go to bat for others.


I sent Shawn an email.
ym2612
MindMachine wrote:
Any luck for you?


No luck and no resolution yet. I'm attempting to revive the email chain. I haven't been as vigilant in this process as I could have been, because my whole system plan has changed since I sent the rather inexpensive module off to be repaired, but it would nice to have it fixed finally.
Nelson Baboon
I'm getting nowhere with Shawn, and I'm a bit annoyed.

Now, Shawn says that he sent the tracking when he first shipped it. My final response was that if there was a disagreement on this, why not just send it again. But he just doesn't seem to care much about this, and doesn't seem to want to go around in emails with anybody about it. Too bad.
SynthBaron
Nelson Baboon wrote:
I'm getting nowhere with Shawn, and I'm a bit annoyed.

Now, Shawn says that he sent the tracking when he first shipped it. My final response was that if there was a disagreement on this, why not just send it again. But he just doesn't seem to care much about this, and doesn't seem to want to go around in emails with anybody about it. Too bad.


That right there kinda seals the deal, don't it?

sad banana
listentoaheartbeat
I have been in touch with Shawn about this, too, asking him to chime in. He says that the shipment is on its way. Apparently he doesn't want to get involved in this thread at this point since he is expecting the shipment to arrive any day, so he assumes this will be resolved soon. I told him it might still be a good idea to provide the tracking number.
SynthBaron
He doesn't have to get involved in this thread, he just has to send people some tracking numbers in private e-mail...

Guinness ftw!
Dave Peck
SynthBaron wrote:
He doesn't have to get involved in this thread, he just has to send people some tracking numbers in private e-mail...

Guinness ftw!


Exactly. When a customer asks "what is the tracking number?" there is absolutely no legitimate justification to reply with "it's on its way" and neglect to answer the customer's question and neglect to provide the tracking number. It's extremely unprofessional and uncooperative behavior, and it's terrible customer service. It also indicates that the company is trying to hide something, like the fact that they either did not ship it, or are so disorganized that they now cannot tell whether they shipped it or not.
Bataserpa
Thanks Nelson, Listentoheartbeat and Synthbaron. I really appreciate all the effort you guys are doing for help me, specially the emails.

I really don't understand what kind of business man he is. It is so easy thing to solve, what the hell. I was extremely polite and reasonable in all the emails i sent to him.

He needs to understand that i need the tracking number not only for check if the order was dispatched but to make sure it was sent to the correct address. How about if the box get lost? How about if the address was wrong again? (i am pretty sure i gave him the right email when i bought). If somehow the post office lose it how can i complain t them without the tracking number?

I understand why Shawn does not wanna get involved in this topic, but refuse to give me the tracking number is unbelievable. It points me to the conclusion that box was not even sent. So, while the silence persist, the AH reputation just burn.

I do have the tracking number AH gave me on january 2015 (EK582448953US). Of course it does not show in the system anymore.

What piss me off is not the money itself but the feeling of somebody, or some store, is taking an illegal advantage over you is really bad

Thanks again to everyone.
djthopa
I'm sorry to hear this.

I made many orders to Shawn from overseas (spain) and I have never had any issues. Don't buy anymore because of the bad dollar euro exchange rate at the moment.

I guess this doesn't help you at all. Hope you get it sorted out.
coyoteous
Do they wear costumes at AH?

Sorry... couldn't resist.

I'm boycotting them in solidarity until this is resolved.

Anyone else care to pledge?

It's especially easy if you weren't going to buy from them anyway, but sends a statement, nonetheless.
Bataserpa
HaHaHa I did not realize about the "costumers" stuffs.

Not having English as my native language and trusting too much in the text spell checker makes this kind of funny and embarrassing mistake happen. Sorry about that:)

Anyway, Coyoteus, thanks a lot for your support and solidarity.

I really hope AH does not do with anybody else what they are doing to me. They are underestimating the power of this forum.

I will let you guys informed.

Gustavo
listentoaheartbeat
I have sent Shawn another email. I really don't understand why he does not provide a tracking number. Normally you get an automated email with the shipping info for every order at AH.

EDIT: I am in touch with Shawn and there appears to be another side of the story. I won't say more than that because I respect Shawn's decision to stay out of this thread and not post any details publicly. But the information I received pretty much confirms that a shipment is on its way.
Nelson Baboon
i got an email from Shawn this morning saying that he just sent the tracking #, as well as pictures of the returned shipment, and the new one.
givemeasine
Woah, wait- another side to the story? That is wild...
Bataserpa
Hi everyone,

Like i replied on pm to listentoheartbeat, I confirm that Shawn wrote me an email and give me the tracking number. The order was shipped on May 21 and it is on the way (i check it in the post office system).

He also send me pictures of the returned box with Brazilian customs tapes, i just can't see from when, because the item was, at least once, really returned to the seller on January 2015 from an unknown reason (it says a problem with the address).

Really does not matter now, the important thing is that i know the box is on the way and now I have the tracking number to follow it.

I will let you guys know when i get it. Just note it will take time because, even the package arrived here, customs procedures in Brazil are extremely slow to get the final destination (sometimes takes 3 to 4 weeks).

Thanks for everyone who helped me. I am pretty sure the situation was not get solved, or would takes much more time to resolve, if wasn't from some of you guys help.

All the best

Gustavo
Multi Grooves
::puts popcorn on ice::

Hope this is resolved soon.
coyoteous
Ah, the old "there's another side to the story but I'm not going to say what it is" trick... kind of low in my book and only tendered to obfuscate and raise doubt about the OP's claim.

I'll still probably buy things that may only be exclusively there after this is resolved (Happy Nerding planned), but...
gonkulator
Having a short, but busy history with Shawn, and being both a giver and receiver of service for a long time, there is always another side to the story. And I know that there is rarely any productive reason to get into an argument in a forum like this. My opinion stays the same (almost totally positive) until I have first hand reason to change it.
listentoaheartbeat
coyoteous wrote:
Ah, the old "there's another side to the story but I'm not going to say what it is" trick... kind of low in my book and only tendered to obfuscate and raise doubt about the OP's claim.


Just for the record, when I wrote "another side of the story" I didn't mean to imply that Bataserpa did something wrong. This is not what Shawn told me either. I suppose it comes down to multiple fuck-ups by the Brazilian customs / postal service provider as well as poor communication by Shawn. However, what was not really talked about in this thread (I think) is that international returns of unclaimed / undelivered packages can take months, so it is not as outrageous as it might seem that this took more than a year. I do believe that Shawn should improve his communication in cases where something goes wrong, but I also believe that this was a tough nut to crack for him considering the shipping troubles to Brazil.
coyoteous
Thanks, that clarification makes more sense.
SynthBaron
FWIW, my only success with shipping to awful postal systems like Brazil and Italy had been by using USPS Priority Mail Express International or Global Express Guaranteed (or FedEx/UPS...but they're really expensive) simply because they're reliably traceable/trackable packages and you can easily get a signature on delivery. Any service below that and it seems like a 50/50 chance your package will get lost/stolen. But people don't want to pay $40 to mail a small thing, so...
whinger
Here's my latest dealing with AH.

I emailed to check availability of an FM Aid. He told me they were out of stock and that they should get a shipment in within about 30 days. I asked if I could pay now and have the module shipped out automatically when they come in. He said he wouldn't do that as he can't control what happens with the modules, and if the modules never came into the shop, he'd owe me money. It's easier for him to just be paid once the order is fulfilled. A fair policy.

While I waited for the module to become available, I got antsy and decided to buy an E560 as well. I once again emailed him and asked him to reserve the module for me and ship both once the FM Aid came in.

Last week I got an email from Shawn saying that the FM Aid has come in, but that he must have sold the E560 as he couldn't find it, but expects a new shipment soon-ish. I replied explaining that I was disappointed and that I would have bought the E560 at that time had I guessed there'd be a chance of it not being reserved. He apologized and said he would definitely reserve one for me in the next batch. I was understandably disappointed.

A couple hours later he sent me an email letting me know that I had garbled my address and phone number when ordering and to please call him. I had used the browser's autofill, which I never do, so that was my fault completely. When I called, he confirmed the information and then told me that he had in fact found the E560 he had set aside for me and would include it in the same package.

Both modules were sent via UPS that same day. A couple days later they were delivered to my house. The box was VERY securely packaged, the inside had multiple layers of bubble wrap, and the interiors of the boxes themselves had bubble wrap added to them as well. Zero chance for damage, outside of deliberate tampering or the truck running over the box. I find that level of care to be reassuring.

The SynthTech module came in an electrostatic envelope which I thought was a lovely touch and assume that it comes from SynthTech HQ that way. I don't know if it really protects anything, but it made me feel good to see someone adding that protection.

I have dealt with Shawn multiple times, and every time has been really nice, I can't say anything negative about the man.

You mileage may vary.

I also do a lot of my business with Jason at Control Voltage and cannot recommend him enough. If you're unhappy with AH for whatever reason, give CV a shot, he's good people too.

[edited for typos]
Robscorch
Yeap Whinger Shawn has been nothing but rock star for me. Also I will say many retailers are not shipping to Brazil and a few other south American countries right now because of the hot bed of issues going on right now. It's a sad unfortunate state, but it does happen and for now things just generally aren't safe for a package regardless of any perceived or known value regardless in these parts. I would venture a guess that probably 20-30 percent of the packages received in port never make it past the third stop and that is only if it can make the second.
Doctorin' the Tardis
Nelson Baboon
So, any news? Has it arrived?
listentoaheartbeat
Nelson Baboon wrote:
So, any news? Has it arrived?


Probably a few more weeks to go..

Bataserpa wrote:
The order was shipped on May 21 and it is on the way (i check it in the post office system). [...]

I will let you guys know when i get it. Just note it will take time because, even the package arrived here, customs procedures in Brazil are extremely slow to get the final destination (sometimes takes 3 to 4 weeks).
Nelson Baboon
listentoaheartbeat wrote:
Nelson Baboon wrote:
So, any news? Has it arrived?


Probably a few more weeks to go..

Bataserpa wrote:
The order was shipped on May 21 and it is on the way (i check it in the post office system). [...]

I will let you guys know when i get it. Just note it will take time because, even the package arrived here, customs procedures in Brazil are extremely slow to get the final destination (sometimes takes 3 to 4 weeks).


good point.
Bataserpa
Hi everyone

Just another update. The order already arrived in Brazil. It took about a week or so.

Now it is being held in customs for calculate and print out the taxes i have to pay. Unfortunately, like i said before, sometimes this proceed takes weeks until go to the final destination.

That's why some people don't feel comfortable to send items to Brazil. The problem is not the post office itself but the customs. Some buyers don't know about this delay and start to blame the seller when the order is taking time to arrive. This is not my case, all I buy from overseas I am well ware that might takes time to get t in my hands. I am cool with that.

For the above reasons the tracking number is essential for me. With no tracking I can't see who is causing the delay (the seller or the customs)

So, recently, Shawn sent me 2 emails with details about the shipment. He is also following it, which is a great thing.

Things looks fine for now, I just hope customs don't bring me any problem.

When I get it i will let you guys know.

All the best and thanks for all concerns. I appreciated it a lot.

Gustavo
*_*
I dont think they care one bit about the international customers to be honest. steer clear. dont do the same mistake.
Leverkusen
Bataserpa wrote:
Hi everyone

Just another update. The order already arrived in Brazil. It took about a week or so.

Now it is being held in customs for calculate and print out the taxes i have to pay. Unfortunately, like i said before, sometimes this proceed takes weeks until go to the final destination.

That's why some people don't feel comfortable to send items to Brazil. The problem is not the post office itself but the customs. Some buyers don't know about this delay and start to blame the seller when the order is taking time to arrive. This is not my case, all I buy from overseas I am well ware that might takes time to get t in my hands. I am cool with that.

For the above reasons the tracking number is essential for me. With no tracking I can't see who is causing the delay (the seller or the customs)

So, recently, Shawn sent me 2 emails with details about the shipment. He is also following it, which is a great thing.

Things looks fine for now, I just hope customs don't bring me any problem.

When I get it i will let you guys know.

All the best and thanks for all concerns. I appreciated it a lot.

Gustavo


That's good to hear! I don't know if it makes it a bit easier for you but when I purchase something from the US and it's sent to germany it usually halts at the customs office for weeks too. Then I have to go there with a lot of photocopies to make proof how much and that I have payed for it. Takes about 1 - 2 hours. So it's not just Brazil...but I hope you get your stuff soon!
*_*
Leverkusen wrote:


That's good to hear! I don't know if it makes it a bit easier for you but when I purchase something from the US and it's sent to germany it usually halts at the customs office for weeks too. Then I have to go there with a lot of photocopies to make proof how much and that I have payed for it. Takes about 1 - 2 hours. So it's not just Brazil...but I hope you get your stuff soon!


I'm guessing you are in a german speaking country. it actually surprises me that things get held in customs for more than 24h in the civilized world, it shouldn't be like that. I once ordered stuff from the US over the phone (yeah actually) on a european friday evenig/night. at 8 o clock on monday morning I had a note in my mailbox saying I had recieved a package. and not only that, it was shipped with uninsured usps! thats actually how it works timewise, I think the "couriers" just blackmail everyone and do everything extra slow if you dont want to pay a very large premium, then they can actually do their job in a regular fashion, otherwise they are actually on strike most of the day. its something similar at least. otherwise stuff would simply not appear over a weekend, for free almost too. It just wouldnt happen.

right now I'm waiting on stuff from the UK, and I reccon I could just as well rowed there in a canoe (from the good old europe), picked up the stuff an then simply rowed back, in a canoe. and I wo8uld have beaten the UK courier by days, and I even payed like 10-12 euros extra for them to be quick. I guess I didn't pay enough....

good times. best investment for 2016 seems to be a canoe, you could start up a whole shipping company with that, aaaaaaand be the fastest none the less. its fucking insane.
waveglider
Wait a minute. You say you ordered a module from the US on Friday night (EU) and got it on Monday via USPS??
Paul Perry
[quote="*_*"]
Leverkusen wrote:


I think the "couriers" just blackmail everyone and do everything extra slow if you don't want to pay a very large premium,.


I run a secondhand bookshop & get several thousand parcels each year mostly from USA and UK to Australia. I can assure you that a USPS parcel always arrives (if correctly addressed.) But, they are sent at the discretion of the airplane owners - who naturally give priority to carriers who pay a bit extra. yes, your module can arrive in a couple oof days across the Atlantic - and you might go to Vegas and win on red 30 times in a row too.

Personally, I prefer to use the government postal services & suck it up if it is late or lost. On average, you come out ahead. My summary: in freighting, you get what you pay for, but you pay too much for it.
Leverkusen
*_* wrote:

... it was shipped with uninsured usps! thats actually how it works time wise...


That's actually how it sometimes works when it's shipped uninsured and when it's not taxed cause it is of low worth or marked as such. As a CD, a book or a faceplate. Mouser is pretty fast too. I would not have modules shipped like this.
Daisuk
waveglider wrote:
Wait a minute. You say you ordered a module from the US on Friday night (EU) and got it on Monday via USPS??


I've ordered stuff from Shawn to Norway on a Saturday, and have received it on the following Tuesday. Usually it takes about a week though, but from time to time it's ridiculously fast.

I'm glad the OP is getting this sorted. For the record, I've never had anything but top notch customer service from AH and Shawn, and I've probably had 30+ orders from him.
notfatlever
Daisuk wrote:
waveglider wrote:
Wait a minute. You say you ordered a module from the US on Friday night (EU) and got it on Monday via USPS??


I've ordered stuff from Shawn to Norway on a Saturday, and have received it on the following Tuesday. Usually it takes about a week though, but from time to time it's ridiculously fast.

I'm glad the OP is getting this sorted. For the record, I've never had anything but top notch customer service from AH and Shawn, and I've probably had 30+ orders from him.



I've had great experiences with ordering from Shawn as well since probably dating back to 2008ish. I would put myself at around 20-30 orders as well in this time.

I do have a bit of frustration though as I sent him a rather sizable amount of gear for trade last July and his side of the trade still hasn't been sent to me...
11 months seems a bit long to me for a trade.

Last i heard from Shawn was it was ready to ship almost 3 weeks ago...i live in the US so my situation is a bit different than the original poster.
huffnPuff
Dealing with Shawn was not a pleasant experience, I found myself having to wait months after having my card charged - which may actually not be legal or at least the common practice in the US I think? (I am an oversease customer).

Eventually I got everything I paid for but it was a rough ride. Would rather avoid having to go through this again.
Stancotey
I'm probably in the 8-10 orders category but Shawn and AH have aleays treated me well and I continue to send money there. He's been great with questions and advice too. To be fair I don't have enough experience with other retailers to make a comparison but I've been very pleased with Analogue Haven.
Bataserpa
Hi everyone

Finally i got my modules!!! Everything is exactly like i ordered.

It stays a while in the customs (like i said it was gonna happen), I paid the taxes and got the box.

Thanks a lot for everyone who helped me. Specially the ones that contacted Shawn to solve my problem.

All the best

Gustavo
Snail
Glad to see this is finally resolved. International stuff can be such a pain. The end of a long saga, hopefully!
Nelson Baboon
Excellent!!!!
listentoaheartbeat
Good! thumbs up
purplenoise
Glad to hear Shawn was able to resolve everything. Just wanted to put in another good word for Shawn.

My experience has been:

- multiple orders over the last couple of years
- all orders received in a timely manner, well packed, no issues.
- questions about products marked as "email us for availability" always answered quickly.
- prompt responses to all emails. Detailed responses, not single word responses.

I'm ordering from California, so can't speak to international shipping issues. I would highly recommend Analogue Haven.

applause
Logite
I've had decent experiences buying my Echophon from Shawn
*_*
waveglider wrote:
Wait a minute. You say you ordered a module from the US on Friday night (EU) and got it on Monday via USPS??


2 emerson knives actually.
*_*
purplenoise wrote:
Glad to hear Shawn was able to resolve everything. Just wanted to put in another good word for Shawn.

My experience has been:

- multiple orders over the last couple of years
- all orders received in a timely manner, well packed, no issues.
- questions about products marked as "email us for availability" always answered quickly.
- prompt responses to all emails. Detailed responses, not single word responses.

I'm ordering from California, so can't speak to international shipping issues. I would highly recommend Analogue Haven.

applause


it works out for you since you are in the US!

in my country we have to send special papers, like 3 of them to export shit and then if someone sends shit here they need to do the 3 duplicate shit too, otherwise it just stops at customs. so yes this is an issue in some countries. You need extra paperwork and on top of that you need to include several duplicaes of it, otherwise it gets tough. this definitely takes extra time to do. and is not very fun. But still. I used to send shit all over when i worked in a warehouse and all dox got automatically printed, I just put shit in a clear envelope and glued it to the pack.
confusedmachine
Shawn has only been great to me. Glad it worked out.
SunSpots
I've always made it a point never to talk bad about my dope dealers...
breezy
I've only ever ordered from AH once, and yes I may have had to do some prompting, but my opinion is that Shawn is one of the good guys in this world of not so good guys. He helped me out loads with getting some Macbeth stuff back to the UK. And the packaging is just art.
aqua2374
I purchase most of my big orders thru Analog Haven. Here's why...

GOOD - Shawn is fast, ships orders fast, packs items well. Typically responds to emails. Best stock in the euro world. Gets the job done.

BAD - Emails are typically sort, if he responds, doesn't respond to all emails. Not very personable.

COMMENTS - I own my own business/in sales and I base all my success upon relationships. It's cheesy, but I like having a relationship with my vendors. I have one with Swithced On, but their stock isn't as good as AH. Wish I had it with AH.
Sugarfree
My experience with Shawn is that he's probably a good guy with terrible social skills. Not unusual for a geek.
aqua2374
whatever, I'm a social butterfly (and also a high maintenance customer), and I don't expect him to be what he's not. Doesn't mean I don't shop around though.
lairdhenn
As my first post on this forum I have to say I read through this whole thread and was kind of captivated by the progression. To see people taking action to help out a stranger, as well as NOT going on an irrational witch-hunt/making it a good guy vs bad guy experience was pretty unique irt online communities. What a nice place. love
gonkulator
lairdhenn wrote:
As my first post on this forum I have to say I read through this whole thread and was kind of captivated by the progression. To see people taking action to help out a stranger, as well as NOT going on an irrational witch-hunt/making it a good guy vs bad guy experience was pretty unique irt online communities. What a nice place. love


It's good that you recognized that right away. Welcome!
Daisuk
aqua2374 wrote:


BAD - Emails are typically sort, if he responds, doesn't respond to all emails. Not very personable.

COMMENTS - I own my own business/in sales and I base all my success upon relationships. It's cheesy, but I like having a relationship with my vendors. I have one with Swithced On, but their stock isn't as good as AH. Wish I had it with AH.


I have a completely different experience with Shawn. He has often commented on my purchases, which has more often than not led to long email exchanges about gear and music and life in general. I'd say I've never felt I've had a more "personal" relationship (to the extent that that is possible via email) with a vendor more than with Shawn and Analogue Haven.
dooj88
I've emailed a few times about stock and always got a response within an hour or two. He always follows up with a "your welcome" or mentioning about following up with a vendor. First purchase they called to verify it was me and my address.

So only have positive interactions with them.
Biom
Just recently had another fantastic experience with Shawn.

Not only did he respond super fast and positive, but also he provided the European power supply free of charge!
He also charged me $10 less for the shipping, not to mention it was packed the way we all know of him. Outstanding!

Can't be happy enough with my purchase
ranix
Shawn was great when I made a large purchase from him. I made an unusual order and prepaid like $1300, and he contacted me immediately to ask if I had made a mistake lol

Shipping was prompt and communication was pleasant
ProgScape
<obscurity>

Just as an FYI - if someone needs to make sure an @analoguehaven.com email address works (or if, for some reason, you think that your email to Shawn is not going through), you can email me directly (webmaster at analoguehaven dot com). I'll make sure Sean gets it. Can't guarantee a response, but I can make sure that it's in his inbox.

smile

</obscurity>
williamjturkel
ProgScape wrote:
<obscurity>

Just as an FYI - if someone needs to make sure an @analoguehaven.com email address works (or if, for some reason, you think that your email to Shawn is not going through), you can email me directly (webmaster at analoguehaven dot com). I'll make sure Sean gets it. Can't guarantee a response, but I can make sure that it's in his inbox.

smile

</obscurity>


I just sent a message to this email address and it bounced. d'oh!
seamonkeyman
Shawn has just been straight up fantastic with me. I've had stuff sent halfway around the world from AH, and when I was visiting LA he opened up the AH 'store' specially to meet me on the weekend, so I could pick stuff up & avoid the shipping.

I wouldn't just use them again, I'd lend the guy money/buy him a pint, he's A1. Rockin' Banana!
williamjturkel
williamjturkel wrote:
ProgScape wrote:
<obscurity>

Just as an FYI - if someone needs to make sure an @analoguehaven.com email address works (or if, for some reason, you think that your email to Shawn is not going through), you can email me directly (webmaster at analoguehaven dot com). I'll make sure Sean gets it. Can't guarantee a response, but I can make sure that it's in his inbox.

smile

</obscurity>


I just sent a message to this email address and it bounced. d'oh!


To be fair, Shawn got back to me in a few hours.
snakejaw
I've had a consistently excellent experience purchasing from Shawn at Analoguehaven. It's where I've purchased the majority of my modules. No delays in shipping, although I always want it to show up yesterday. w00t!! The modules are well packed. I've never had a crunched module. AH usually has most modules in stock that listed on the site, which can be both a blessing and a curse. Never maintain cash savings again Let's see...on the down side, I once asked Shawn if he could get an obscure Doepfer cable (the short orange one with a 90 deg jack at both ends). But he didn't get them in stock for a "long time", so I was forced to buy them from Schneidersladen (boo hoo). I also try to purchase from other dealers to spread the money around the community.
placebo92
sorted
quixot
Have personally found AH to be great...quick with shipping and responsive to questions. Have called before and he was cool about answering my questions.
Yodhan
I have only ordered from there once, but it went smooth and quick. No complaints here.
arthurdent
Yodhan wrote:
I have only ordered from there once, but it went smooth and quick. No complaints here.

Same here, I've only ordered from them once and I had no problems with that order. But I have sent them e-mails several times for general inquiry about things and never heard back from them.

But I can say the same thing about Detroit Modular. I've bought a LOT of stuff from them (I live in Ohio so shipping is faster and usually less expensive), never had any problems with the orders, and the two times I had problems with a module they were very responsive to get the items replaced. But they're poor on general inquiries. Several times over the last year, I was looking for an item that was listed as "out of stock", put my name on the notification list, but I never heard anything back from them even after I saw that the items were back in inventory. Not a big deal in the grand scheme of things, they're probably like a lot of other small vendors, they focus on what they see as the important/immediate stuff - orders, problems - and the lesser issues get lost in the stack.
slyfocks
Only positive experiences from AH here.
digidandy
I’ve only had positive experiences with AH, but recently email response has become very erratic. More or less given up on getting a response now, after waiting for a week. Really like them, so hopefully this is just a glitch.

Anyone else experiencing issues atm?
s.l.o.w
I've had good experiences with AH. I'm generally impatient, and on the east coast, so usually order from AH with expedited shipping, and will always get a call with pricing and to confirm. Although the website is, you know, not great, they have a lot of things in stock that others don't.

Re: e-mail responsiveness, I recently had an order that had one malfunctioning module. It did take one "reminder" e-mail on my end after the initial one to move things along, but Shawn put me in touch with the manufacturer, who sent out a replacement unit asap and all is good.
wbelote
Sorry to say it, when I was spending tens of thousands of dollars with Shawn, he was friendly and attentive. When I needed a receipt so I could get support for an Arturia sequencer, it took him months and seemed like a giant hassle. Huge turn off! I like the guy, and was hugely disappointed that he would drag his feet on so simple a customer service task.
huffnPuff
Overseas customers, how long does it take AH to ship in your experience?
Daisuk
huffnPuff wrote:
Overseas customers, how long does it take AH to ship in your experience?


If the goods are in stock then usually a day or two after ordering.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Modular Synth General Discussion  
Page 1 of 6
Powered by phpBB © phpBB Group