MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Moog Model 15 iOS
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Author Moog Model 15 iOS
Luap

Looks pretty decent. Although it doesn't appear to be compatible with my ageing iOS hardware, so I cant try it myself.
Luap
scottmoon
woah Damn, and I was trying to curtail my iOS synth buying. waah
ngarjuna
Sounds and looks very good but the scrolling / holding necessary for patching between screens looks pretty awful even in their teaser video. Seems like the patching interface is kind of a big deal in a modular emulation.
dumbledog
You can zoom out enough to get the whole thing on screen in portrait mode.

Fun times. I'll have some fun tonight trying to match patches with my hardware.
ngarjuna
dumbledog wrote:
You can zoom out enough to get the whole thing on screen in portrait mode.

Fun times. I'll have some fun tonight trying to match patches with my hardware.

Is it patchable at that size/zoom level?
dumbledog
Text is rather hard to read but I can patch and twiddle just fine, yeah.
GovernorSilver
scottmoon wrote:
woah Damn, and I was trying to curtail my iOS synth buying. waah

You're "protected" from income loss to this app if your device is not 64-bit (iPad Air and later, iPhone 5 and later)
s0lo
Looks and sounds great to be honest. deserves a applause applause

I bet that they're going to expand the thing in the future. The question is how much the ipad CPU can take before it begins to clip. Can it handle a system 55 if they were to make it there?
dumbledog
Doubt it. It's already churning my battery something fierce.

I expect them to sell IAPs for modules you can swap within the 15. I wouldn't mind a Bode myself -- always wanted to play with one and find out how to really use it.
synthi
Tried it today, great sounding app, really nice! I tested the CPU loading model15 inside AUM as IAA and checking the cpumeter: about 30-35% in my Air2 applause
geremyf
But that doesn't include the GUI, does it?
synthi
hmmm. not sure how to test that or if only the "sound enguine" part is measured inside AUM... but the GUI should be processed by the GPU, right??
secretkillerofnames
On my iPad Air it has the tendency to stutter when opening other panels (like the keyboard/ribbon/arp etc).

It's otherwise very nice - sonically as good as Animoog.
Interested to try it on my iPhone 6 on the way to work.
hamildad
Enjoyed my hour or so with it tonight, no noticable glitches on my iPad Air apart from moving a few things in the arpeggiator quickly.

Seems to have a really good emphasis on teaching the architecture, for example there are no 'stackable' cables, so it's back to using multiples to split a signal.

My only thoughts are, it'd be nice to define your own MIDI cc range for the hardwired MIDI ins and outs and a tutorial that focuses on each module would be useful for getting the most out of unfamiliar stuff like the fixed filter bank.

I bought this day one as it'll work on my iPhone when I'm away from my iPad and with my Seaboard rise, so will try to get some time to test both those out and post here.
s0lo
I've done DSP with GUI for a PC plugin and I can tell for the most part that GUI processing only matters when your moving/changing some thing in GUI, or say when a led is blinking. As long as the interface is unchanged, the GUI takes very little CPU.

The challenge really is in the actual audio processing which causes the bulk of the CPU load. Specially when combined with anti-aliasing methods, like oversampling, the CPU load gets doubled, quadrupled, etc.. for every oversampling step added. This is were it becomes a tradeoff between no-aliasing and CPU usage. The developer has to pick a reasonable spot in between. Or possibly offer the user the option to choose the "Quality"
dumbledog
hamildad wrote:
Seems to have a really good emphasis on teaching the architecture, for example there are no 'stackable' cables, so it's back to using multiples to split a signal.

My only thoughts are, it'd be nice to define your own MIDI cc range for the hardwired MIDI ins and outs and a tutorial that focuses on each module would be useful for getting the most out of unfamiliar stuff like the fixed filter bank.

Yeah I agree about the tutorials for sure. There's no way someone's just going to waltz into this thing and know instinctively what a VCA is.

They do have documentation in the app on how to make tutorial presets like the two included ones, so hopefully they'll come as updates to the app. The docs even show a list of them.

For my part, I don't really plan on making actual music with this, but try to mimic these patches to my own rack. Which inevitably leads to me getting off on a "oh that's interesting, what if instead..." tangent and welp there goes three hours. Really my favorite part of playing with all this stuff.
CalvaryBand
Does anyone know if this accepts MIDI clock and start/stop messages?
mgscheue
So far, so good in my iPhone 6. (My iPad is too old to run it, alas.) Lots of fun. Cool to be able to try patches when the mood strikes me. I might try using it for samples for my Phonogene and Radio Music, too. The tutorials are very good but I agree, more extensive docs on individual modules would be a nice addition.
scottmoon
It sounds great. Now if someone could clone an easel for iPad, I'd be in heaven. woah
blooper
It would be nice if they put Ableton Link in there. I wonder if they are considering this.
secretkillerofnames
If you're rocking Modstep there is now a template that allows you to automate and modulate the MIDI CC that you can patch in to various parameters in Model 15. On Modstep's side the output range is selectable.
It's pretty interesting. SlayerBadger!
geremyf
blooper wrote:
It would be nice if they put Ableton Link in there. I wonder if they are considering this.

It has ableton link.
blooper
geremyf wrote:
blooper wrote:

It has ableton link.

Oh awesome I didn't see that thanks.
grillo
I bought it but it's not for me.
It's really cool, sounds good and is well thought out, i loved the possibility of having a regular keyboard but also the animoog style touchplates or the ribbon controller, but patching and wiggling it feels really cumbersome to me.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Music Software Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next [all]
Page 1 of 3