MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

MU Oakley Equinoxe
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Author MU Oakley Equinoxe
krisp14u
I have been asked many times to make Oakley in MU format

One thing I have been a little worried about is the panels but i think they look quite smart Mr. Green

The panels are made with anodise resist print so are very hard wearing

The modules come with no Power cable but have the Dot.com type power header

This first run is very limited in quantities as I dare not risk the money on a large run of panels so if you want one don't hang around

I am keeping the price the same for the MU Equinoxe as the normal one on this run this may change on further runs

I'm putting some in the store that are built and running

If it sells I will be doing more Oakley modules

The next MU module will be ether the
Transistor Superladder, Dual comparator Gate Delay, VCO, or VC-LFO hmmm.....
mirri
Whoa! That module is gorgeous! Excellent work!

Hope it sells well!
w00t thumbs up
SynthBaron
Nice. If didn't already have the Hordijk phaser, I would pick this up.
xart
The MU format is going to be the dominant 5u format due to readily available cases/rails and power supplies. I was going to wait until my MOTM psu and rails were shipped....but I am putting my money where my mouth is. ORDERED. thumbs up
essex sound lab
Done.

w00t
essex sound lab
Oh, and if I may: Can you take a straight-on photo of one so we can put it in RackPlanner?

And if I were to cast a vote for the next module in MU, I'd say Dual Comparator Gate Delay.

hyper
russma
essex sound lab wrote:

And if I were to cast a vote for the next module in MU, I'd say Dual Comparator Gate Delay.

seconded.
russma
apologies for my noobosity, but how does the MU format differ from dotcom?
mono-poly
Good move.
The MU format really gets more and more intersting.
xart
idiotboy wrote:

Its the same thing....the classic MOOG format. thumbs up
DOT.COM =MU=MOOG UNIT....
megaohm
krisp14u wrote:
I have been asked many times to make Oakley in MU format

One thing I have been a little worried about is the panels but i think they look quite smart Mr. Green

Exciting to see Oakley in MU.
Hot stuff!

LOVE the LED lenses.
I've adopted the same for my modules.
You should get a pick of it on/flashing so people can see how cool it looks.

I built one of these years ago. I love it!
Old school sound that is perfect for the MU format.

Everybody buy two because the stereo effect is so wicked!

p.
nerdware
Very tasty!
emdot_ambient
idiotboy wrote:

MU stands for Moog Units, since Moog modules did not conform to the 19" rack standard of 1U = 1.75". MU's are 2.125" wide, but they are pretty much 5U (8.75" tall).

So, dotcom and MU are synonymous as far as panel space goes. The power supplies on dotcom systems, however...I don't think the original Moog modulars were +/-15V. So the current MU format, which uses the dotcom 6 pin power connector and +/-15V isn't really the same as Moog.
doctorvague
Beautiful!
Spiked Lunch
Good to see a bit of UK MU action applause
suitandtieguy
welcome to the lost continent, Oakley!

dude
sorry for the slightly ot but can this still be found in the motm type version? the MU looks great. there have been some new MU version modules that are really somehow tying the format together conceptually, at least to my eyes. it is pretty cool.
decaying.sine
lovely panels. beautiful.
paults
Robert Rich joined Blue Man Group?
essex sound lab
Heh. That was the lighting he was under at NEARfest a couple of years ago.

I snapped the photo during his soundcheck, during a moment where he was looking particularly grumpily at the FOH engineer.
Synthbuilder
dude wrote:
sorry for the slightly ot but can this still be found in the motm type version?

Yes, we have no plans to drop the MOTM format. Indeed, it is still my format of choice and the one I tend to design the PCBs to fit natively.

But all new boards will be designed with both MOTM and dotcom power headers. And with the way my PCBs tend to fit to the panels they should work well with Mu mu land.

Tony (but has never driven an ice cream van...)
dude
ah good. the reason i asked was that i didn't see it available a day or two ago in the krisp1 online store. i probably wasn't looking in the right place though.
krisp14u
Thank you for all the kind words I have had for the look of the MU-MU Equinoxe

dude wrote:
the reason i asked was that i didn't see it available a day or two ago in the krisp1 online store. i probably wasn't looking in the right place though.

Its not in the store screaming goo yo as aren't allot of the 24-25 modules we make

why hmmm.....

because people keep buying stuff applause

I am once again in a transitional period

I have taken all the modules I don't have any stock of out of the store because I can't make the 4-5 week dead line I set on orders

but don't worry they will all be back and back with stock Mr. Green
dude
oh well that is great news too! congrats.
krisp14u
Thanks to all that have purchased the MU-Equinoxe Mr. Green
I will be pushing ahead with the Oakley Comparator in the next month or so with more MU-MU Oakley to come

There is one MU-Equinoxe in the store and there may be non for a while as I have run out of Cosmo Knobs

I am trying to get my hands on some in the EU which will speed up production but if not I will go to Cosmo direct

The price is likely to rise when they come back as the shipping price on the Knobs is very high that with the £ to the $ ratio and the import tax makes them some expensive Knobs sad banana
but they do look good so im going to continue using them nanners
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules  
Page 1 of 1