MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Prototypes of CotK C 1660 and C 906A
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Author Prototypes of CotK C 1660 and C 906A
essex sound lab
DonaldCrunk wrote:
d'oh!

Yeah well, that's the whole problem isn't it?
jjq
essex sound lab wrote:
DonaldCrunk wrote:
d'oh!

Yeah well, that's the whole problem isn't it?

??? I dont get it. PM me if Im stupid help
Spiked Lunch
I take it that d'oh! is an expression of how much people really want COTK modules but are unwilling to do business with the guy.
jjq
Got it. Thanks w00t
nerdware
Maybe it helps if you can speak German?
jjq
Im swedish damn it Guinness ftw!

No sorry, nicht a single word lol
essex sound lab
Mike Lynch wrote:
I take it that d'oh! is an expression of how much people really want COTK modules but are unwilling to do business with the guy.

Well that's my interpretation of the d'oh! And these posts from his fans only feed the flames, without solving the root problem.
SynthBaron
Mike Lynch wrote:

I'm willing to do business with him, it's just that he's not communicative. I put an order in December for the Polymoog resonator module, and he said he would request payment a couple of months later. Nothing...
drewtoothpaste
I feel obligated to point out the obvious just for the people whose gear lust is going to drive them to tilt at windmills trying to get the white whale. Some of y'all think you're Ishmael and gonna get surprised when it turns out you're Ahab.

Where's the emoticon for being dragged down into the ocean by your own patch cable?
DonaldCrunk
d'oh! d'oh! d'oh!

look, phaerdra, when i said 'if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen' i didn't mean you should get off the forum. you've got a big ass system that's certainly capable of some bad ass noises. we all love to hear that shit.

you can be a contributing member of the community without trying to sell COTK modules that we can't get anyway. hang out, be honest. that's all we want.

let kazike deal with his issues, as you've mentioned he's not your responsibility. do your own thing.
sunsinger
Paging Kazike... Paging Mr. Kazike...Mr. Kazike, please answer the white courtesy phone. Paging Kazike......... poke
phaedra
jjq wrote:
Im swedish damn it Guinness ftw!

No sorry, nicht a single word lol

An Anfang is made, cheers Guinness ftw!
phaedra
@Synth Baron: This C 1610 Resonators/Fixed Filters, not available because of prototyping, and the one you see in the Palermo system (upper row in the middle) are the only one built units so far. There was a lot of finetuning to do and now (I suppose, I don't know any step Kazike does) the production of some units will start.

JohnLRice
Hi phaedra,

Any chance of getting a demo of the C1610 Resonators? hyper I've really enjoyed listening to your demo of the C1660 Phase Processor! 8_)
JohnLRice
Phaedra, I made a little video out of your C1660 demo, I hope you don't mind!

phaedra
JohnLRice wrote:
Hi phaedra,

Any chance of getting a demo of the C1610 Resonators? hyper I've really enjoyed listening to your demo of the C1660 Phase Processor! 8_)

Hi John,
many thanks for the video.
My C 1610 is on the way to me (the black one) and the white one is on the way to Kazike. I've only some technical demos here which are not good enough. I will make some new demos, but the influence of the resonator is more subtile than the sound modulations of the C 1660.
But it is also a good and different tool to work out a sound.
While beta-testing I tried much with "classic" sounds of my VA Synthesizer Clavia Nord Lead 3 and Kazike did some or more fine tuning because of the results.
Now I'm excited about the original module I will get in a few days.
I will do my best.
phaedra
Here is a simple soundfile using the C 1610 Resonator (the black one). Kazike did some excellent fine tuning in relation to the prototype, the official one sounds really good.
In the background is a simple sequence. In the beginning you hear the original sound of my Nord Lead 3, then I went through the different Pass Filters sending the output through a VCA. In the second half I modified the parameters of the C 911 working on the C 902.
sunsinger
Paging Kazike... Paging Mr. Kazike.......Paging Kazike... Please answer the white courtesy phone......
phaedra
The C 1660 has gone black (John, stay calm, your's in progress 8_) ).
Also the C 905 Reverberation Unit and the C 964 Ratchet Sequencer are ready. Maybe there is some fine tuning for the Ratchet to do, we are testing it.
Also remarkable are the new and until today never seen CP1C Halfsize Panels, for example bottom left. Like on the Minimoog mixer it is possible to switch 4 input chanels separately on or off. An additional fifth input with bipolarity and a 1-3 multiple fulfill the module.
The keyboard is a C 950 prototype with actual software made by Georg Mahr.
Don't wonder about the Moog Satellite above the Upper Cabinets, I use it to check the analog effects of the CotK machine. The Phase Processor for example makes some heavy sounds with the more thin output of this little old "Moog".

JohnLRice
Great synth you have there, phaedra! love
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> 5U Format Modules Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 [all]
Page 3 of 3