MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index
 FAQ & Terms of UseFAQ & Terms Of Use   Wiggler RadioMW Radio   Muff Wiggler TwitterTwitter   Support the site @ PatreonPatreon 
 SearchSearch   RegisterSign up   Log inLog in 
WIGGLING 'LITE' IN GUEST MODE

Lcd soundsystem live. Eurorack trainspotting.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Author Lcd soundsystem live. Eurorack trainspotting.
exper
Watching the live stream of the primavera festival. Grabbed a couple of screenshots of euro rigs in LCD soundsystem. The sound great. Rockin' Banana!

Looks like a nice ASys system, a bunch of Intellijel Atlantis modules as well. Love seeing bands use modular systems live.

rico loverde
Im hoping this will be out on the road with them as well...

exper
There's some 5u on stage, but not like that. Maybe broken down some? They do have a bunch of microkorgs.
basicbasic
Oh Nancy - my heart be still.

Great performance so far. Shame the live mix is fucking terrible!

My feed quality isn't great - isn't there a whiteface Odyssey there too?
exper
basicbasic wrote:
Oh Nancy - my heart be still.

Great performance so far. Shame the live mix is fucking terrible!

My feed quality isn't great - isn't there a whiteface Odyssey there too?

Maybe. I thought it might have been an eml something.
seamonkeyman
exper wrote:
Looks like a nice ASys system...

I'm amazed at how little ASys stuff is discussed on here. It's amazing, I have an RS8000, and sonically it blows so much of my other stuff away into dust. ASys really seem to be amazingly low key considering how good their gear actually is. No idea why hmmm.....
exper
seamonkeyman wrote:
exper wrote:
Looks like a nice ASys system...

I'm amazed at how little ASys stuff is discussed on here. It's amazing, I have an RS8000, and sonically it blows so much of my other stuff away into dust. ASys really seem to be amazingly low key considering how good their gear actually is. No idea why hmmm.....

One reason I'd say is that they have odd power ribbons, so not compatible with lots of euro cases. They also are hard to get and now even more so that they are only selling whole systems.
M6live
Redacted.
basicbasic
I'd love a ASys Synthi voice but not being able to buy individual modules makes it tough, and they get snapped up quicksmart second hand. Still, one day!
M6live
Redacted.
basicbasic
Ah - well that'd good to know!
goldenliustra
Atlantis as monosynth, really nice!
Astrolabe23
As a long time owner of a large Analogue Systems machine, I can attest to the great sound and build quality. Initially, it is what I went with because there was little to choose from at that time. In the beginning, I lost a few modules to the angry red stripe, but it tought me to check, double check, and then triple check. I can see where this would scare some people off and honestly I feel like it's a pretty poor design given the other alternative solutions like keyed headers and some kind of eurorack standard. Once hooked up and operating, I have never had a disappointment with this system. I have been disappointed to see ASys not really keeping up over the last 10 years with the innovation level of other makers. It doesn't seem like much has changed in their product offerings where as the overall eurorack market has exploded with all variety of unique offerings. For me the silver lining is that I have a bunch of great ASysy modules and on the front end they interface perfectly with any of the other great modules available today.
Sinamsis
Thanks for this thread. Reminds me to check out their reunion stuff. I'm also a little skeptical of nads who dissolve then reassemble but then reassemble for reunion yours. But I'm happy these guys did. I remember older tours they seemed to have a large wall of 5U and maybe a Minimoog among other things. That's a nice stack of eurorack they have. Never got the microkorg thing but they do it well. Bummer to hear the mix is bad. That's my biggest disappointment for certain live acts.
Zube
I wasn't there yesterday, but Thursday, and it was pretty fun synth spotting... Alessandro Cortini, Air, John Carpenter amazing shows, and lots of fun to see what everyone was using. I am not really a festival kind of guy, but Primavera was a lot of fun.
DickMarker
basicbasic wrote:
I'd love a ASys Synthi voice but not being able to buy individual modules makes it tough, and they get snapped up quicksmart second hand. Still, one day!

Just wanted to point out that as far as I can tell (this being because I've bought some from them recently myself), you can get individual ASys modules from Emis Music here in the UK.

Emis...
minipusice
kool skool
acgenerator
I can confirm the ASys was in the setup tonight. Also some of the large format Nancy was posing with.

A few keys but couldn't tell what they brought.
GuyaGuy
I was there for their first reunion show in NYC and they had the modular set up. They were about to launch into I Can Change it crapped out. But apparently it was the keyboard named the Demon because JM said it was appropriate because it "fucked our souls."

Other than a couple of glitches like that it was an amazing show. The floor was bouncing with the bodies so much I thought we were all going to fall through. By that point I didn't give a fuck about what kind of synths they were using.
TemplarK
Hi, does anyone else have any better photos of LCD's rig, i'm extremely interested in their AS system if anyone know knows those systems well could help me piece toghether what we can see from the photo in the top post?

I can see

R95e x 3
RS-220 X-Y Controller (inverted)
RS-20 Ring mod

Can anyone else identify any of the other modules there?
TemplarK
I managed to find these pics as well.

still struggling with the rest haha. If anyone recognise any more please drop a line. Defo want to recreate some of their amazing synthlines the best i can.
I'm totally wondering if they use the Octave controller or not if anyone can see that in the rig (i know the pics are not amazing).

edit - added another pic

I think i can see the (full list i will update).

R95e x 3
RS-220 X-Y Controller (inverted)
RS-20 Ring mod
RS-310 Reverb/Chorus
RS-165 Audio Mixer
intellijel atlantis
Mordax Data
Malekko Mix
Maleko Mute
RS-510E Trapezoid Generator

I think i can see maybe see a AS LFO but not sure if its the RS80 or RS85 extended.
MUFF WIGGLER Forum Index -> Artist Discussion  
Page 1 of 1